Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Goalkeeper Coaching Course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Goalkeeper Coaching Course

I know I posted about this a while back but does anyone have any
    info about the FAI goalkeeping coaching courses?

Every time I ring the Fcuk All Interest I get put through to someones
    voicemail and never hear anything back! All my emails seem to be ignored!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't know too much about the goalkeeping courses but I did some of my other coaching courses with them. The instructors where great but they often would tell you during the course of conversation how bad the FAi is organised when it comes to arranging these things.

I've waited two years for entry onto a UEFA licence course that the FAI only run once a year and still haven't been offered a place on it. As I'm anxious to do this I looked at other associations and ended up settling with the English FA who have been very helpful and supportive of over seas coaches. Their prices are lower in some instances than the FAI and in one case included accomodation and was still cheaper.

They have a lot of top quality tutors working for them (as do the FAI) but what stands them way out ahead is the facilities at Lilleshall and other clubs around the country and the administration of their coaching courses is second to none. Sammy Lee of Liverpool and England was at the last one course I attened

i've already completed two psychology courses with them and have been acccpeted to do my UEFA licence with them whenever I want. They also allow you to come for the theory stuff and then return home to complete your coaching logs in Ireland, which is great. And in most cases you can complete the courses in any of the FA's assocaitions around England (although I recommend Lilleshall)

If your serius about your coaching I'd recommend looking into it - I'll probably not go back to the FAI courses now unless the administration is improved and a fair crack of the whip is given to caoches who want to move up the ladder. Too often I've met coaches who've got onto UEFA courses before others who have been coaching for a longer period at the level below.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As regards FAI goalkeeping courses keep your eyes peeled on aertel. They have a regular page and courses of all kinds are posted there. Some of the courses are given by ex Finn Harps, Sligo Rovers and Galway United keeper Declan McIntryre and some others are given by Packie Bonner himself !

I did the basic level coaching course in 2000 (previously known as Level 0) and it was very good and worthwhile. It took about 9 months before I received my certificate though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    I left messages on Declans mobile but heard nothing back. Cant remember the guy I left messages for in the offices

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    As regards FAI goalkeeping courses keep your eyes peeled on aertel. They have a regular page and courses of all kinds are posted there. Some of the courses are given by ex Finn Harps, Sligo Rovers and Galway United keeper Declan McIntryre and some others are given by Packie Bonner himself !

I did the basic level coaching course in 2000 (previously known as Level 0) and it was very good and worthwhile. It took about 9 months before I received my certificate though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I know the posts are from 2005 however not a lot has changed - I have a valid UEFA B (outfield licence) since 2006 did the Intermediate Licence in 1994 with the FAI and have tried in vain (can't get on the course with FAI) to get on the National B Goalkeeping Licence although I played as a goalkeeper with a team abroad (in the 90's that qualifies for the european cup / champions league every year and also played in the lower divisions in Germany for a few years afterwards). The English FA and the Irish FA both accepted me to the their National B Goalkeeping Diploma so I chose the Irish FA for many practical reasons and the high standard of their course.