Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Will Smallbone M Southampton b.2000

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Replaced at half time for Broja and not surprised really to see him replaced for an actual striker. Southampton weren't up to much and a few players could have been replaced but Smallbone was the obvious choice to give them two actual strikers up front.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Some positive comments about Smallbone from his manager: What 'very good footballer' Smallbone shows to keep Hasenhuttl's faith | Daily Echo

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Not named in the Southampton squad today.

Can people please stop saying positive things about Irish players or being positive in general because the second that any positivity hangs around an Irish player that player then gets injured. Someone ought to get Nathan Collins security as he’s probably next.

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Linked with a move to Forest as a possible replacement for James Garner whose on loan from United.

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    That move would be more than alright. Garner has developed well there. And it's the PL. If he goes into a deeper midfield role then he could be an option for us quite quickly because we all know how thin we are in there.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    That move would be more than alright. Garner has developed well there. And it's the PL. If he goes into a deeper midfield role then he could be an option for us quite quickly because we all know how thin we are in there.
    Hasenhuttl has always said Smallbone can play in any of the midfield roles, and that Smallbone himself was more comfortable as a 6 but Hasenhuttl preferred having him playing higher up the pitch.

Don't think he's gonna be breaking into the Southampton starting XI anytime soon, and he turned 22 back in February. With the injury trouble he's had he's way behind where he should be and needs to start getting regular game time somewhere.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I will give him his debut vs Ukraine after the brace he scored. We are lacking a killing pass

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    I will give him his debut vs Ukraine after the brace he scored. We are lacking a killing pass
    If Ireland beat Montenegro tonight and Italy beat Sweden I would seriously be tempted to pull more U21s into the senior side, it would make the final game a complete dead rubber.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Linked with a move to Forest as a possible replacement for James Garner whose on loan from United.

I saw some of Forest in the first leg of their play-off semi-final. One thing that impressed me that day is pretty much the entire team and substitutes were fine physical specimens i.e. All pretty tall and in great physical condition, There is a lot to be said for Good Big Uns.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    If Ireland beat Montenegro tonight and Italy beat Sweden I would seriously be tempted to pull more U21s into the senior side, it would make the final game a complete dead rubber.
    You'd hope it would happen at least with a couple of players. Come in and train with the seniors because there's no chance they'd get thrown in against Scotland or Ukraine. It would at least then give Tayo and Hodge game time if you were to pull Bagan, and either Kilkenny or Coventry or both even up to train with the seniors. There's plenty of cover in attacking positions if Smallbone was to move on.

Feel Sweden and Italy will draw though which would still seal second place for us if we win tonight but would still mean the group could be won. Which would kill any chance, no matter how small it was in the first place of some players joining the senior squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Maybe, but we could be in with a chance of the strongest second placed side - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_U...d-placed_teams - the draw with Luxembourg will actually work in our favour here, because most other sides will lose six points against the weakest team in their group, but we'll only lose four.
    The loss in Montenegro is going to be a bigger factor than that draw against Luxembourg, since most other second placed sides will have taken a minimum of four points against the second lowest ranked side on their group.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Maybe, but we could be in with a chance of the strongest second placed side - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_U...d-placed_teams - the draw with Luxembourg will actually work in our favour here, because most other sides will lose six points against the weakest team in their group, but we'll only lose four.
    The loss in Montenegro is going to be a bigger factor than that draw against Luxembourg, since most other second placed sides will have taken a minimum of four points against the second lowest ranked side on their group.
    It's likely gonna be Switzerland who'll end up on 19pts when you take their six away. A win tonight minus our 4pts would have us on 15pts and four behind with three to play for.

Would need Wales to beat Holland as even a draw against Wales would have them on 18pts and they've got a much superior goal difference to settle any tie breaker.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    You'd hope it would happen at least with a couple of players. Come in and train with the seniors because there's no chance they'd get thrown in against Scotland or Ukraine. It would at least then give Tayo and Hodge game time if you were to pull Bagan, and either Kilkenny or Coventry or both even up to train with the seniors. There's plenty of cover in attacking positions if Smallbone was to move on.

Feel Sweden and Italy will draw though which would still seal second place for us if we win tonight but would still mean the group could be won. Which would kill any chance, no matter how small it was in the first place of some players joining the senior squad.
    It would hopefully give the players that extra motivation to push on at club level and get a cap.

Just from what I’ve seen of Sweden I just can’t see how they are going to win and tbh a lot of their chances will come down to what mode Italy are in, if they want to win and wrap up qualification Sweden are in trouble. Granted I’m rooting for a draw provided we get the win V Montenegro tonight!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    It's likely gonna be Switzerland who'll end up on 19pts when you take their six away. A win tonight minus our 4pts would have us on 15pts and four behind with three to play for.

Would need Wales to beat Holland as even a draw against Wales would have them on 18pts and they've got a much superior goal difference to settle any tie breaker.
    I can’t see any scenario where we finish first in the 2nd place ranking.

The one argument I could make is we could
    chase a top 5 spot of the 2nd places teams to try be seeded for the play off (granted we still don’t if there will be seedlings for it!)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    It would hopefully give the players that extra motivation to push on at club level and get a cap.

Just from what I’ve seen of Sweden I just can’t see how they are going to win and tbh a lot of their chances will come down to what mode Italy are in, if they want to win and wrap up qualification Sweden are in trouble. Granted I’m rooting for a draw provided we get the win V Montenegro tonight!
    Sweden are at home and have already drawn away to Italy. They'll also be fighting for qualification so should be a good match.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Sweden are at home and have already drawn away to Italy. They'll also be fighting for qualification so should be a good match.
    They were extremely fortunate to get that draw, if they are to beat Italy they will need to show us something we haven’t seen form them so far this campaign.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Could be about to join Stoke who already have Gavin Kilkenny on loan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Officially confirmed. Stoke games be interesting this season if himself and Kilkenny are playing regularly this season.

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Some glimpses of class today by all accounts, suspect defensively. Good to see hopefully he can push on. Disappointing not to see Kilkenny start in the first 2 games, I guess Morecambe in the cup will be his chance, but doesn’t appear to have earned the trust of MON yet

26. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Opened the scoring today for Stoke (Bonham in goal), who trounced Reading (Hendrick and a sub appearance by S Long).

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast