Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Free Bus

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Free Bus

What are the chances of running a supporters bus from Abbeyfeale (on N21)or Glin (on N69) to the home games on Friday nights? With the Desmond Junior and Schoolboy Leagues finishing in the next two to three weeks it would be a great opportunity to get more supporters going to the games.
    I could try to get it mentioned on the new radio station here in west limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    You want it free???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    You want it free???
    Aren't the other ones free?
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    Aren't the other ones free?
    Yes....I was trying rather hard to be sarcastic, and misuse of my smilies failed me....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

There appears to be some confusion, on my part also.I was merely suggesting, in a roundabout way, that if there was a bus from Abbeyfeale or Glin I could try to get it mentioned on the new radio station which is based in Newcastle West. If there isn't a bus from the above mentioned towns I still could get the existing routes mentioned

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Would that suit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Well having listened to that new radio station, i'd say their anouncements will be falling on deaf ears anytime soon. I never thought i'd see the day that a licensed station would be worse than RLO.......they haven't a clue. They can't even play one track after another properly It's like they left a load of farmers loose on some complicated technology.

Limerick 95FM do some sort of community\events announcement thing every evening, i'd say that would be more worth your while.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

If u actually listen to RLO I'd be worried! Theres more to limerick county than farming but this is going off the point. Any publicity has to be welcomed and like everything else there are going to be teething problems with any new venture. I remember some people asking for Noel O'Connors head after a lacklustre start to the season. If u don't like it dont listen to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muls world
    If u actually listen to RLO I'd be worried! Theres more to limerick county than farming but this is going off the point. Any publicity has to be welcomed and like everything else there are going to be teething problems with any new venture. I remember some people asking for Noel O'Connors head after a lacklustre start to the season. If u don't like it dont listen to it.
    No need to sh1t the pants muls world, just calling it as I see it. I'm from county Limerick too, and I have no problem admitting that West Limerick Radio is rubbish. Maybe it will improve, but if you're that sensitive about things, you've no business posting on here! Unless of course you are connected to the station and taking this criticism personally...

Teething problems?! How about presenters who actually know what they're doing, that would be a start. For example, playing an Elvis song and cutting it off half way through with a Pavorotti number is comical. Even funnier, they cut the Pavorotti song as well with some classical music piece. They're not teething problems, that's just somebody who hasn't a clue what a mixer is. Conversing on air as if nobody else is listening is a bit of a turn off as well. I'm aware of RLO as I spent many an idle night, along with my fellow students out in LIT, ringing up Gerry Hannon's show and taking the pi$$ out of him on air. You could watch it all happen live on RLO TV as well at the time, which added to the entertainment. The old biddies would be on then complaining about the youth of today. Ah the memories!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    lads anyone know if the free buses are running for tonights match??