Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixtures (fianlly) out

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Never ceases to confuse me how there's such a stress when it comes to policing a crowd of less than 4,000 people, god help them when the Euros comes into town and Lansdowne might actually get a game with a sizable number at it. As if they won't encounter the same potential issues at 2pm on a Saturday?
    The last 16 game in Dublin, could be England V Germany. God help the Gardai then

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    There is a certain Inspector in Mounjoy GS who has a frequently expressed contempt for association football and particularly the LOI and its fans..His love of, and dedication to,the GAA will probably propel him up the ranks soon enough.Until then he will do everything he can to destroy the Bohs / Rovers fixture.He will also do something similar with the Pats and Shels games.
    What a contrast to the sensible policing of the Tallaght fixtures.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    The differences in stadiums between dalymount and tallaght is one major reason for the difference in cop security detail, but your right to say the difference in attitude between the 2 head cops in charge is a difference between night and day. Tallaght cops run a professional, organised,event exercise. I guess the Gah mucksavage running mountjoy/drumcondra just wants the love of the Jones road gang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Interesting to hear that as not so long ago a review of major incident plans for large GAA matches (not just for Croke Park) showed gaps in the Garda/GAA plans. The review group included people from outside organisations and they (unofficially) put the flaws down to a blasé attitude of 'will never happen at GAA games'. Why the plan put in place for Croker in particular, hosting garrison games was so different from more recent GAA matches has some additional context now.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Amusing to see some scuffles at the Longford-Dublin GAA game in Longford yesterday being put down to "the soccer element" infiltrating the Dubs' support.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Amusing to see some scuffles at the Longford-Dublin GAA game in Longford yesterday being put down to "the soccer element" infiltrating the Dubs' support.
    Really??!!! Even if true it makes no difference, Dublin GAA supporters caused grief and not for the first time after the train was trashed a few years ago. Surprised the same thing wasnt rolled out after Louth fans spat the dummy after the 2010 LSC Final! But these things dont happen at GAA games.....

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Really??!!! Even if true it makes no difference, Dublin GAA supporters caused grief and not for the first time after the train was trashed a few years ago. Surprised the same thing wasnt rolled out after Louth fans spat the dummy after the 2010 LSC Final! But these things dont happen at GAA games.....
    It was, I remember reading a statement highlighting the fact Louth had a big soccer following on the day. As for the Longford game the other day, Dublin GAA supporters page instantly drawing the comparison with "soccer fans"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    It was, I remember reading a statement highlighting the fact Louth had a big soccer following on the day. As for the Longford game the other day, Dublin GAA supporters page instantly drawing the comparison with "soccer fans"
    Every one of the people charged over Leinster Final, were memebers of GAA clubs.

I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Considering the chap that tried to shoulder charge the ref wouldnt be seen dead at a soccer game and is well known in GAA circles - they'd say anything rather than face the reality that dirtbags go to GAA games too!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Every one of the people charged over Leinster Final, were memebers of GAA clubs.

I
    I really hope that I at the end is the beginning of a confession

Besides, everybody knows the people charged at the Leinster final were cleverly-disguised Shamrock Rovers fans. Umbrellas were a dead giveaway.

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I really hope that I at the end is the beginning of a confession

Besides, everybody knows the people charged at the Leinster final were cleverly-disguised Shamrock Rovers fans. Umbrellas were a dead giveaway.
    Haha no i was one of the poor souls in Tallaght when the Leinster Final was on.

My cousin played with Louth for years and after a U-21 Final V Meath, his mother hit the referee with an umbrella after the match*must be going back 20 years more now. Wasnt ever mentioned again, imagine that happened at a Bohs Rovers game

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Haha no i was one of the poor souls in Tallaght when the Leinster Final was on.

My cousin played with Louth for years and after a U-21 Final V Meath, his mother hit the referee with an umbrella after the match*must be going back 20 years more now. Wasnt ever mentioned again, imagine that happened at a Bohs Rovers game
    Not the ref, but there was an hilarious scene once during / after a Pats v Rovers game in Richmond, a Rovers fan 'charged' the Pats end, brandishing an umbrella, maybe he was side tracked from a Leinster RUGBY game !
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Not the ref, but there was an hilarious scene once during / after a Pats v Rovers game in Richmond, a Rovers fan 'charged' the Pats end, brandishing an umbrella, maybe he was side tracked from a Leinster RUGBY game !
    He was then chased away by a woman who ran onto the pitch
    Here on a technicality.

18. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12