Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick To Be Liquidated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    There will be no looking the other way this time, new chairman , new CEO , both professionals and not professional chancers.
    What's the betting on a new entity limerick city 2 applying for a licence? With POS behind it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Has he passed the deadline for a new submission? Only granted a extension because of the court ruling?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Think I saw Feb 6th somewhere as the deadline.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Any chance that the Limerick FC group will negotiate with Limerick United and somehow get a senior team into the First Division before the deadline?

Any Limerick fans care to offer some insight with the politics and goings on within the Limerick situation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Tommy Barrett is over Limerick United.

I'd assume (though who knows?!) that he is also Pat's largest footballing debt.

So there'll be no talk there without a big cheque being wrote I'd say.

One that doesn't bounce.

At the moment Pat has no ground and no players.

His foreign investor is basically Danny Drew so lulz.

Also, as pat should know better than most, 500k over 3 years? Just enough money to **** people off. Not enough to do anything with.

The reports from United's trial day were not great.

Their 17s should be competitive but 19s will be poor. (And quite possibly will also be the 17s the longer the year goes on)

The problem the FAI have is they didn't do their business correctly. The part of the deposition concerning Will Fitzgerald going to Waterford, if true, is absolute amateur hour for example.

I don't see where Pat gets a team to field. There was talk he spoke to Liam Kearney about the job so maybe he's looking at fellas who aren't good enough for cork or waterfords 19s??

How many loan players per club are you allowed? A dream fudge scenario would be pat taking rovers b place in the league and Fielding a team with five or six fellas on loan from Rovers. I don't know if that's allowed tho...

I just don't think he has a chance of fielding a team.

If I was the fai id nearly give him the license and call his bluff

The FAI have any number of reasons to reject Pat's application.

But do they have the balls? Or the money for a couple of more days in court?

In summary:

Pat v the FAI is an old man holding out for a cheque from people who have no cheque to give.

FC vs United is two bald men fighting over the place where a comb used to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    There's a bit here about the underage teams.
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/s...edium=facebook

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    I assume Limerick United's plan is to wait for Limerick FC's application to fail, for that entity to begin its final death rattle, and then carry on as they were.

It the application is accepted I don't know what they do, but I presume it will be to wait for Limerick FC to fail (again), for that entity to begin its final death rattle, and then carry on as they were.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    There would appear to be no incentive whatsoever for United to collaborate with Pat. If anything they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, guaranteeing whatever goodwill there is currently will go the way of Sean Russell's ACL.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I heard that the LDSL have sent an email to clubs banning players from attending Limerick United underage trials and threatening fines on clubs who's players attend.

Not sure about which ages but I think it applies to u13s anyway because I think the u13 assessments tonight have been cancelled as a result.

My info is a bit hazy, got it at least third hand.

Supposedly there was some arrangement made between LDSL and Limerick United regarding underage but then the was a fall out of some sort...

Anyone hear anything about that?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It's not a real circus without clowns.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    It's not a real circus without clowns.
    Bit harsh on me there...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hah! I, of course, was not referring to your good self.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    It would seem to me the new entity Limerick United are\have not been doing their business properly and given the news that they will possibly have to ,,,adjust ,,,their name already is quite alarming.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As far as I'm aware, trading names are not afforded the same legal protection as registered company names. I'm open to correction though.

Regardless, that wouldn't excuse the alleged ultimatum issued by the LDSL.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post
    I heard that the LDSL have sent an email to clubs banning players from attending Limerick United underage trials and threatening fines on clubs who's players attend.

Not sure about which ages but I think it applies to u13s anyway because I think the u13 assessments tonight have been cancelled as a result.

My info is a bit hazy, got it at least third hand.

Supposedly there was some arrangement made between LDSL and Limerick United regarding underage but then the was a fall out of some sort...

Anyone hear anything about that?
    You are correct.
    https://twitter.com/SlatteryDsla1/st...224660995?s=19

Limerick District Schoolboy League says it won't release players to trial for Limerick United U13 and U15 age groups....is this putting the player first? Whose interests are they really protecting here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Whatever about the belief that young players are being protected, should 13-15YR olds be prevented from playing for their club of choice by witholding registrations. These are kids afterall they are not thinking of future financial potential. They just want to play football and should be allowed move at the end of a season to whomever they like and not prevented from undertaking trials. If a trial was with an EnglisH club would they be or have been blocked? Or is it just reserved for local oneupmanship...

17. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Whatever about the belief that young players are being protected, should 13-15YR olds be prevented from playing for their club of choice by witholding registrations. These are kids afterall they are not thinking of future financial potential. They just want to play football and should be allowed move at the end of a season to whomever they like and not prevented from undertaking trials. If a trial was with an EnglisH club would they be or have been blocked? Or is it just reserved for local oneupmanship...
    I'd say it's a few local clubs kicking off, now in fairness my personal opinion is 13s in particular is too young but I think 15s is about the right age to start, not saying I'm right it's just my opinion.

But, I wouldn't stop a young lad going if he wanted to go, with that said he shouldn't expect his place to be kept for him in his home club/league if he leaves either.

If your son was on a Club team or a Kennedy Cup team and some lad walked in the door in January from a league of ireland club and took his place you wouldn't be impressed I'm sure, so I think it's a choice the young lad makes, and he lives his own consequences then for better or worse.

I do not agree with barring them, I think that's too much altogether, just let them make their own choices.

However, I don't agree with League of Ireland clubs (or any other club) ringing, plauging and pestering parents looking for their kids, that could well be the issue clubs have with players thet have already signed being contacted. I.e Poaching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Registrations can't be withheld.
    Its just begrudgery & nothing more.
    Shameful carry on.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    The Sun reporting that another list of fixtures, for an 11-team division, with 20 league matches and a Shield competition, will be released tomorrow.

Seems like it's a provisional structure for if/when Limerick FC's licence is granted.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...0-game-season/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    The Sun reporting that another list of fixtures, for an 11-team division, with 20 league matches and a Shield competition, will be released tomorrow.

Seems like it's a provisional structure for if/when Limerick FC's licence is granted.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...0-game-season/
    You couldn't make it up if you tried although someone obviously did

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast