Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick To Be Liquidated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Or sell your stadium twice........
    Let he without sin cast the first stone.
    Go bust, misuse tax payers money, get relegated and buy the former clubs history and tack it on to a new club. Sinless 😎

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Much easier to rob players wages, abandon injured player and then fold (again). Then whine for Government / Sara Claus to clear up your mess. Sure, it’s the Limerick way.
    Nah selling property that isn't yours to sell sounds much easier, in fact it's so easy some club decided to do it numerous times 😂😂😂. Btw you won't find anybody who will defend what POS did over the last few years so I don't think anybody is going to get upset by your silly comment!
    It seems the majority of LOI people aren't happy that Limerick FC are gone but some childish people like to kick others when they are down but this is LOI and trouble is never far away but some forget this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Go bust, misuse tax payers money, get relegated and buy the former clubs history and tack it on to a new club. Sinless 😎
    You don't do irony do you.....
    My biblical quote was exactly why I wasn't throwing stones at limerick.
    Every club has its own Glitw moment....

Oh......and it wasn't even a corner

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Writing at my desk (shh) so forgive the scatter-brained nature of my ramblings.

I don't mean to imply that TD's can wave a magic wand and fix the situation, but they can employ soft power here as they have done in the recent past.

Just a very short while ago, Limerick councillors, Senators and TD's were tripping over themselves to call attention to/speak out about the proposed closing down of the Lyric FM studio in the city, to the extent that the decision to do so has been deferred after government pressure/intervention/a word in the ear.

Now, a football club is not the same as a radio station (though, with "up to 30 employees", not all of them full-time I would wager, Lyric FM wouldn't exactly be miles ahead of Limerick FC in terms of contribution to the local economy, at least when the club was functioning in the halcyon days of two years ago), but given that Limerick FC is a business in the city, and enjoys a core following of a few hundred, you would expect the same kind of response. Hell, they held a special city council meeting over Lyric FM. Elected representatives can condemn inaction and awful ownership, they can raise the profile of the issue in the media, they can offer to mediate, they can lend support and credence to any new entity being considered by having their name attached.

While I'm not discounting that the city's TD's may have tried to do something privately, they haven't been vocal and I don't expect them to be either. The goodwill isn't there like it was with Lyric, and I fully accept that this is the club's fault.
    I do think that Lyric is very different to Limerick. Lyric has far more people (voters) interested in it - 100k listeners per the most recent JNLRs, compared to the few hundred you mention going to Limerick games. It's effectively a state body and financially it's much easier to argue for its retention compared to a bankrupt football club which needs a new wealthy owner but has just come out of a process to find one, and hasn't.

I also think Lyric - even with, say, 20 full time staff - would have a much larger contribution to the Limerick economy, which had only a handful of full-time staff, and which has once again hit a number of local businesses.

Obviously it's very unfortunate that the club has gone - there's a number of factors, from O'Sullivan seemingly having no business cop-on to the FAI underfunding the league to the strength of junior football in the area I presume - but I don't see what TDs can really do to help an at present unviable private business.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Bohs fans taking pop shots at the current demise of Limerick FC right now is perplexing. You may not think it but there is a very sizeable football community here that wont be able to see their local team play senior football next year. The first time since 1937. Every team in this league has had to borrow, scrounge and beg at times to keep the show going. Bohs are going well at the moment but we were going well just over two years ago. A collapse can happen to any club in this country in a short period of time. See Waterford and Cork City currently struggling. The Waterford situation in particular is quite similar to our own and i'd be fearful for them this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    Nah selling property that isn't yours to sell sounds much easier, in fact it's so easy some club decided to do it numerous times 😂😂😂. Btw you won't find anybody who will defend what POS did over the last few years so I don't think anybody is going to get upset by your silly comment!
    It seems the majority of LOI people aren't happy that Limerick FC are gone but some childish people like to kick others when they are down but this is LOI and trouble is never far away but some forget this.
    Tell Sean Russell about "easy".
    Instead of whining about it why don't Limerick fans do something to save their club. Then again, turning up to games was too much effort for most of them.

Keep laughing at property deals, it will help pass the time with no football 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Instead of whining about it why don't Limerick fans do something to save their club. Then again, turning up to games was too much effort for most of them.

Keep laughing at property deals, it will help pass the time with no football 
    Eh this is the Irish football public you are talking about and is an issue across the board, any LoI fan should know this all too well, the FAI know it too! Bohs sell out a very restricted capacity ground and you're are behaving as if you are selling out the national stadium. Before you bite back yes Dundalk crowds should be better than what they are considering unprecedented success and we could look to Bohs great strides in rebuilding the fanbase; We face a very difficult time especially without a supporters club/trust if Peak6 decide to leave, Oriel Park is a kip, and this seasons shirt is not great etc etc. Talk about believing the hype though...football fans tend to have short memories but this is more obtuse than selective memory! I was starting to 'like' Bohs for as much as a rival fan can like any rival club, wumming or not the above is just a bit daft Marino all things considered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Just to make it clear I'm not interested in getting into a slagging match with you, everyone knows what happened Sean Russell was wrong amongst other things POS did, I just can't comprehend LOI supporters slagging/kicking other clubs when they're in serious trouble, All LOI clubs have list of feck ups some longer than others just because Bohs or whoever are doing ok at the moment doesn't necessarily mean trouble isn't far away, I'd honestly hate to see ANY LOI club go out of business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Its a pity POS dragged it out to the last minute , with a couple of months to get organised a new Limerick team could have been up and running for this season.
    Is there any word on the underage structures ? will Limerick be i the 13's 15s etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake87 View Post
    Bohs fans taking pop shots at the current demise of Limerick FC right now is perplexing. You may not think it but there is a very sizeable football community here that wont be able to see their local team play senior football next year. The first time since 1937. Every team in this league has had to borrow, scrounge and beg at times to keep the show going. Bohs are going well at the moment but we were going well just over two years ago. A collapse can happen to any club in this country in a short period of time. See Waterford and Cork City currently struggling. The Waterford situation in particular is quite similar to our own and i'd be fearful for them this year.
    To be fair it's not Bohs fans taking shots, its just marino, who takes petulant shots at everyone on this forum at every opportunity presumably because it makes him feel 'big', you'll enjoy your time on here much more if you just ignore him.
    Mon the Town!

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Like I was saying don't count your chicken's before they hatch after hearing Shane Ross today. Not specifically aimed at you but there's no guarantees in Irish football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    To be fair it's not Bohs fans taking shots, its just marino, who takes petulant shots at everyone on this forum at every opportunity presumably because it makes him feel 'big', you'll enjoy your time on here much more if you just ignore him.
    First “petulant shot ” on here was blue blood but don’t let facts get in the way - you never did before !
    Most would enjoy their time here a lot more without your usual long winded nonsense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Eh this is the Irish football public you are talking about and is an issue across the board, any LoI fan should know this all too well, the FAI know it too! Bohs sell out a very restricted capacity ground and you're are behaving as if you are selling out the national stadium. Before you bite back yes Dundalk crowds should be better than what they are considering unprecedented success and we could look to Bohs great strides in rebuilding the fanbase; We face a very difficult time especially without a supporters club/trust if Peak6 decide to leave, Oriel Park is a kip, and this seasons shirt is not great etc etc. Talk about believing the hype though...football fans tend to have short memories but this is more obtuse than selective memory! I was starting to 'like' Bohs for as much as a rival fan can like any rival club, wumming or not the above is just a bit daft Marino all things considered.
    Actually my very point was WHAT are Limerick fans doing to get senior football in Limerick ? Dundalk, Cork, Bohs, Shams etc were saved by their fans getting off their backsides to save their club. Limerick appear to wait for another millionaire to ramble by.
    Letters and faux concern from local reps and/or looking for Govt money is not an option.
    The exact same will apply at Dundalk if/when PEAK6 disappear over the horizon (unless some other investor fills the void).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    First “petulant shot ” on here was blue blood but don’t let facts get in the way - you never did before !
    Most would enjoy their time here a lot more without your usual long winded nonsense.
    What are you on about??? A Bohs fan joked

"So, would this technically be Limerick 38 or 39?"

To which I obviously joking replied.....
    "That's the year the club was formed, if we're back in 2020 season it'll obviously be Limerick 20 until we need a new name in a few years. If only we had sold the Market's Field even though we don't own it 🤔🤔🤔"

Then you came in all defensive and child like with........
    "Much easier to rob players wages, abandon injured player and then fold (again). Then whine for Government / Sara Claus to clear up your mess. Sure, it’s the Limerick way."

Go back 1 page IT'S ALL THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    What are you on about??? A Bohs fan joked

"So, would this technically be Limerick 38 or 39?"

To which I obviously joking replied.....
    "That's the year the club was formed, if we're back in 2020 season it'll obviously be Limerick 20 until we need a new name in a few years. If only we had sold the Market's Field even though we don't own it 🤔🤔🤔"

Then you came in all defensive and child like with........
    "Much easier to rob players wages, abandon injured player and then fold (again). Then whine for Government / Sara Claus to clear up your mess. Sure, it’s the Limerick way."

Go back 1 page IT'S ALL THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE
    YOU " joked" repeatedly about the same rubbish. At least own it.You got your reply 😁 or maybe I was "joking"

Still waiting to hear WHAT Limerick fans are doing about keeping senior football in Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    YOU " joked" repeatedly about the same rubbish. At least own it.You got your reply 😁 or maybe I was "joking"

Still waiting to hear WHAT Limerick fans are doing about keeping senior football in Limerick.

Sweet Jesus I'll do this simply as I can for you.....
    1st....A different Bohs fan joked (about Limerick 38 or 39)

2nd....I joked back. (about Limerick 20 AND selling a ground we don't own)

3rd.....YOU got your knickers in a twist AND you took the first "petulant shot" ie..........
    Much easier to rob players wages, abandon injured player and then fold (again). Then whine for Government / Sara Claus to clear up your mess. Sure, it’s the Limerick way.
    Multi-Quote This Message.
    That is what I was replying to.... what you said "First “petulant shot ” on here was blue blood"
    Is that clear enough for you now, if not maybe there's some on here who can dumb it down further for you, god my brain is starting to hurt. I remember why I stopped posting on this site ☹️☹️☹️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Secondly I said I joked ONCE that was in reply to another post by a Bohs fan....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thirdly . Limerick unlike Bohs at present don't have much of a fan base, we spent almost 20 years in the IST Division then at best became a yo-yo club for the last 7 years or whatever, people got disillusioned with the club I I wouldn't blame them for drifting away. The few hardcore fans don't have the money or expertise to save the club, there's a lot of bad feeling for the club locally at present.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Just the once eh ? With counting like that it's no wonder Limerick is in trouble.

You "joke" I get "knickers in twist" because I respond in kind. Right, sure that makes complete sense 🙄

Anyway, Cork, Bohs, Shams fans didn't have the money or expertise either, until they had to. Maybe a fans owned/run model might be more sustainable in Limerick ? Got to be better than sitting around slagging the previous owner (who at least put his own money in).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    The common factor in LOI clubs that go bust seems to be private ownership/ reliance on a particular benefactor. Community ownership doesn't pave over the many, many problems involved in running a LOI club, but it does seem to result in clubs that are a lot more sustainable.
    I'm open to correction on this, can anyone name an example of a supporter owned club completely collapsing?
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast