Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick To Be Liquidated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    O'Sullivan and McManus are married to sisters I believe.
    Anyone news on development's? There was supposed to be some news on Friday but haven't heard anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    When u say news on Friday do you mean news of a new entity?
    Would be great to see Limerick back in the league on a proper basis.
    What is happening with the underage stuff? the current u13/15/17/19 setup?
    Given there is no LOI club in Limerick (if Limerick don't reform) they could carry on in underage on the same basis as Kerry or Mayo i suppose but who funds it ??

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    There were a few rumours floating around of last-ditch efforts to save things, a few councillors giving out (silence from TD's fairly deafening), but all a bit insubstantial. Better chance of some new entity being rushed through licensing for 2020, but doubt even that would happen.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    When u say news on Friday do you mean news of a new entity?
    Would be great to see Limerick back in the league on a proper basis.
    What is happening with the underage stuff? the current u13/15/17/19 setup?
    Given there is no LOI club in Limerick (if Limerick don't reform) they could carry on in underage on the same basis as Kerry or Mayo i suppose but who funds it ??
    Something about plans for 2021 season for the senior team and ladies and underage continuing in 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    There were a few rumours floating around of last-ditch efforts to save things, a few councillors giving out (silence from TD's fairly deafening), but all a bit insubstantial. Better chance of some new entity being rushed through licensing for 2020, but doubt even that would happen.
    All quite on that front too, I'm hoping no news is good news 😬

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Throwing together a new entity much harder than it used to be- back in the day just a cobbled together senior side was enough, now there are four other teams that come with it. Probably better to aim for next year than to dive in and get swamped from the start.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Would agree. If it means a better prepared Limerick club for 2021, I'm happy to wait. I'll be off to Dalymount for a few games instead!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I agree take year out, no point rushing things for the sake of it. Take a bit of time and get it right and get football people involved hopefully start fresh, try rebuild bridges and build up a bit of trust with local business again and I think the only way to do that would be taking a year out even just to reiterate that it's a new club with absolutely nothing to do with the others who have caused so much damage over the last few years. Hopefully absence makes the heart grow fonder for football fans too. Saying that it's possible some new entity have been preparing for the last few months and have everything in place already which would be great but it's wait and see I guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Would agree. If it means a better prepared Limerick club for 2021, I'm happy to wait. I'll be off to Dalymount for a few games instead!
    Well you have time to grow a beard and take up pipe smoking at least!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Another bohs fan in the making

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    One of those councillors, an Independent named Frankie Daly representing the north city ward, had this to say on his FB page:

Further Update: Limerick FC Statement - Let’s Try and Save Senior Soccer in Limerick.

1. Contacted the examiner re examiner ship of process ( Baker Tilly) - this process expired.

2. Contacted the FAI to explore Senior Soccer in Limerick for the new season. Had positive engagement with FAI and ( Fran Gavin Director of competitions) future of Senior soccer in Limerick.

3. Wrote letter to Minister Shane Ross ‘
    Minister Shane Ross TD,
    I would like to meet urgently for the purpose of establishing a structure which would lead to the regeneration of senior soccer in Limerick City.
    The good news to date is that I am getting tremendous encouragement from people in all corners of Limerick City and County.
    I am eager to progress this for the people of Limerick.
    I look forward to hearing from you -
    Sincerely,
    Cllr (Independent) Frankie Daly
    0834403282’’

4. A meeting was held this evening the 16th December with representatives from the 1. Academy , 2. Women’s Team, FAI dev officers, Senior management from Last year with with the view to putting an in-term committee together to help retain Senior soccer, and underage and women’s teams structures in Limerick and for the Mid West Region.
    The meeting was very positive.

Lastly again thanks to everybody that has contacted me over the last few days to offer help, support, and others guidance - there are many people I have not gotten back to yet due to the huge interest by the limerick public. I intend to get back to everybody - If this happened in Dublin it would be sorted in jig time - we the people of Limerick deserve better and I am demanding that we are supported by the Minister on this as the 3rd City and need meaningful support.
    Keep an eye on this page for further updates as we try to create a fresh start for Limerick Senior soccer and Academy , Womens teams in a united and coordinated way.
    Yours in Sport,
    Frankie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    And Maria Byrne: https://twitter.com/senatormbyrne/st...25660971765762

I'm sure the Seanad will burst into action to save the club. Will she still be talking about Limerick FC when running for the Dail in a few months (or when/if in it, she is Michael Noonan's designated successor)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    One of those councillors, an Independent named Frankie Daly representing the north city ward, had this to say on his FB page:
    thanks for that

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    , a few councillors giving out (silence from TD's fairly deafening).
    Genuine question - what were TDs supposed to do here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    I agree take year out, no point rushing things for the sake of it. Take a bit of time and get it right and get football people involved hopefully start fresh, try rebuild bridges and build up a bit of trust with local business again and I think the only way to do that would be taking a year out even just to reiterate that it's a new club with absolutely nothing to do with the others who have caused so much damage over the last few years. Hopefully absence makes the heart grow fonder for football fans too. Saying that it's possible some new entity have been preparing for the last few months and have everything in place already which would be great but it's wait and see I guess
    So, would this technically be Limerick 38 or 39?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    So, would this technically be Limerick 38 or 39?
    That's the year the club was formed, if we're back in 2020 season it'll obviously be Limerick 20 until we need a new name in a few years. If only we had sold the Market's Field even though we don't own it 🤔🤔🤔

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Genuine question - what were TDs supposed to do here?
    Writing at my desk (shh) so forgive the scatter-brained nature of my ramblings.

I don't mean to imply that TD's can wave a magic wand and fix the situation, but they can employ soft power here as they have done in the recent past.

Just a very short while ago, Limerick councillors, Senators and TD's were tripping over themselves to call attention to/speak out about the proposed closing down of the Lyric FM studio in the city, to the extent that the decision to do so has been deferred after government pressure/intervention/a word in the ear.

Now, a football club is not the same as a radio station (though, with "up to 30 employees", not all of them full-time I would wager, Lyric FM wouldn't exactly be miles ahead of Limerick FC in terms of contribution to the local economy, at least when the club was functioning in the halcyon days of two years ago), but given that Limerick FC is a business in the city, and enjoys a core following of a few hundred, you would expect the same kind of response. Hell, they held a special city council meeting over Lyric FM. Elected representatives can condemn inaction and awful ownership, they can raise the profile of the issue in the media, they can offer to mediate, they can lend support and credence to any new entity being considered by having their name attached.

While I'm not discounting that the city's TD's may have tried to do something privately, they haven't been vocal and I don't expect them to be either. The goodwill isn't there like it was with Lyric, and I fully accept that this is the club's fault.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    I was listening to rtes game on podcast last week and they mentioned that Annacotty are interesting in entering a team in 1st division as they have the structures in place! whether this is true is another matter.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    That's the year the club was formed, if we're back in 2020 season it'll obviously be Limerick 20 until we need a new name in a few years. If only we had sold the Market's Field even though we don't own it 🤔🤔🤔
    Much easier to rob players wages, abandon injured player and then fold (again). Then whine for Government / Sara Claus to clear up your mess. Sure, it’s the Limerick way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Or sell your stadium twice........
    Let he without sin cast the first stone.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast