Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: GLITW podcast

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts

GLITW podcast

I see this has been cancelled for the new season. Not sure why; think I saw budget cuts mentioned somewhere - but a podcast can hardly cost that much to produce, can it? And you'd imagine an official LoI podcast would bring a nett benefit to the league.

Between the Stripes went last year as well - so what's left? Is it just ExtraTime and LoI Weekly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    That's a shame , very surprising

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I see this has been cancelled for the new season. Not sure why; think I saw budget cuts mentioned somewhere - but a podcast can hardly cost that much to produce, can it? And you'd imagine an official LoI podcast would bring a nett benefit to the league.

Between the Stripes went last year as well - so what's left? Is it just ExtraTime and LoI Weekly?
    I was on the GLITW podcast it was recorded in a professional studio and produced by a media outlet so they obviously had to be paid, I'm sure the lads will come back with their own edition, you can run a good podcast for very little. LOI weekly going to be on Sir sport once a week which is interesting.

Going to spoil the big announcement due tomorrow and tell you now that Between the Stripes LOI podcast is returning this season with a pre season special being released on Wednesday night. More info on the show as to how things will work going forward. This was decided before today's news regarding GLITW but hopefully it helps fill the void as I was a weekly listener myself.

4. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    That's good to see, pity about GLITW I used to listen to that and BTS each week. I wasn't as fond of LOI Weekly but listened to it most weeks.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Wasn't a massive fan of it tbh but sad to see it go regardless as Con and Conan are both good lads (great in the case of the latter ). Obviously they couldn't help it given it was the "official" podcast of the league but it was just a bit too mouth-piecey for the FAI/league at times when I gave it a go. Murphy would respond to criticism of the fixture congestion/scheduling with stuff like "sure how hard is it to just get the kids in the car for one trip to Derry" and your man that produces it was so unbearably pro-FAI whenever he had to step in. Might be a good idea for them to sort out something elsewhere if they can if it's just a case of the powers that be pulling the plug on it.