Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers entering a team in Div 1 next season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    I find it funny how one of the reasons Rovers fans are giving as good reason for them to be included is the amount of fans they''ll bring. Last time they were in they brought no one!! How is this going to be any different??
    If you're managing to get that from my "every so often there'll be a bigger than most away crowd" you're seriously reaching there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    If you're managing to get that from my "every so often there'll be a bigger than most away crowd" you're seriously reaching there.
    Where did I mention you?? All you have to do is go on twitter and take a look at what some deluded Shamrock Rovers fans are saying about crowds they would bring.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    See Longfords social media guy is making a show of himself again
    This lad is an embarrassment to the club with his tweets and match commentary.

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Rovers fans will be the ones crying into their pints in a few years time.

No promotion this year but Rovers II end up in again next year. The no promotion clause is quietly deleted. Significant investment. Rovers II promoted. 2022 further significant investment from Desmond Rovers II usurp the real Rovers. Desmond pulls away, splits the two entities. Rovers II now Dublin Celtic and within a few years whilst the real Rovers, ironically now strong themselves as “Dublin’s Original’s” are pottering about mid table League of Ireland football under Bradley and Desmond’s Dublin Celtic, playing in the Aviva under Stephen Kenny with Perth back as his assistant, are at the top end of the English Championship rapidly approaching the Premier League over there.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    The pictures clubs posted yesterday were nothing short of an embarrassment for the league. It’s even more laughable that the background to UCDs picture was a packed main stand in the RSC, Waterford. That really puzzled me, absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

This excuse that Rovers II will bring no away fans either is absolute rubbish. We spent ten years in the division, and it wasn’t to often we had more then a dozen or two away fans in the RSC. From 2012-2017, ourselves and Shels were seemingly the only clubs bring a bus load to away grounds on a regular basis.

The division already has Athlone, Cobh, Cabinteely and Wexford. Chances are it’ll be a rare occasion this year if they bring more then a dozen fans to an away game.

Reality is a 9 team league playing each other four times simply wouldn’t work with the LOI, especially the first division in its current state. If first division clubs are going to act like big boys they would want to come to the table with better and more realistic and viable solutions in future.
    Last edited by sulywaterfordfc; 21/02/2020 at 8:12 AM.

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    It's not, but they can't see past their own arrogance. In their heads they are the greatest thing to happen to football in this country. That's why they're all on here having a hissy fit that fans of other FD clubs aren't delighted with the privilege of playing the famous green and white hoops in the greatest stadium built by a county council
    Wow, how wide of the mark could you actually get..
    Rovers fans on here are just bemused by the amount of attention this move is getting, for them doing the FAI a favour and rounding out an even numbered league- so everyone gets to play , every week. DUH!
    I get that everyone more or less hates Rovers anyway, but at least acknowledge this situation for what it is.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I can get why Prem Div clubs would have an issue with the B team if it was providing match fitness to their subs & giving an unfair advantage but this appears to have been largely ruled out.

The First Division clubs have little grounds tho, Cabo, Wexford & UCD are largely u21 sides with no fans so how are Rovers B any different.

What I do find interesting is the club driving the wedge in the FD appear to be Cabo who weren't around the last time Rovers B were. While they have their rights to protest as league member it grates with me that the new kids on the block are dictating policy for the First Division, especially when motives seem to have nothing to do with the LOI itself

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Ah here, do you really think the other clubs are dancing to Cabinteely's tune? Why on earth would they do that? It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by Mr A; 21/02/2020 at 9:54 AM.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    The comment about not wanting any player born after 2003 in the statement is clearly relating to schoolboy football & the fact that Cabo & now Bray are now a front for 2 of the biggest schoolboy set ups in the country.

I honestly can't see any reason for the other First Division clubs to have a problem, it has actually made it easier to get promoted for these sides

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    The pictures clubs posted yesterday were nothing short of an embarrassment for the league. It’s even more laughable that the background to UCDs picture was a packed main stand in the RSC, Waterford. That really puzzled me, absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

This excuse that Rovers II will bring no away fans either is absolute rubbish. We spent ten years in the division, and it wasn’t to often we had more then a dozen or two away fans in the RSC. From 2012-2017, ourselves and Shels were seemingly the only clubs bring a bus load to away grounds on a regular basis.

The division already has Athlone, Cobh, Cabinteely and Wexford. Chances are it’ll be a rare occasion this year if they bring more then a dozen fans to an away game.

Reality is a 9 team league playing each other four times simply wouldn’t work with the LOI, especially the first division in its current state. If first division clubs are going to act like big boys they would want to come to the table with better and more realistic and viable solutions in future.
    Shamrock Rovers B were in the league before and brought no one to their away games. Genuine question, why will this year be different with this B team? The 300-500 that I see mentioned on twitter would be 290-490 more than what they brought last time. I have no issues with Rovers entering a B team. It was just the clarity of what first team players they could use I had the issue with. But one gk and one outfield player from the senior team is OK. If they were allowed to play any amount of A players it would of been a joke.

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I get that everyone more or less hates Rovers anyway, but at least acknowledge this situation for what it is.
    You seem to underestimate how others feel about Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Wow, how wide of the mark could you actually get..
    Rovers fans on here are just bemused by the amount of attention this move is getting, for them doing the FAI a favour and rounding out an even numbered league- so everyone gets to play , every week. DUH!
    Thanks for proving my point.

Can't see why these minnow clubs are making such a fuss, sure they get to play in a 7,000 capacity ground in front of 200 people against the best of Ireland's newest puppy farm.

And not only are Rovers doing these 9 minnows a great service they are selflessly helping out the FAI with no benefits to themselves. The model club

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    You seem to underestimate how others feel about Rovers
    Don't worry mate I wasn't referring to you 😄.
    We're all aware of the high regard you have for Rovers- why else would you constantly make reference to them after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts

I know it's easy to forget Harps were in the First Division a few of those years 2012-2017..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I know it's easy to forget Harps were in the First Division a few of those years 2012-2017..
    Actually in fairness to Harps in the latter years always some brought fans. I remember one year in particular might have been the first game of the season and there must of been 50 plus Harps at the game with a drum creating a bitta noise. Only done the trek to Harps twice and the journey up is great crack, but coming home straight after feels like a punishment. Letterkenny is a grand spot for a night out all the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Actually in fairness to Harps in the latter years always some brought fans. I remember one year in particular might have been the first game of the season and there must of been 50 plus Harps at the game with a drum creating a bitta noise. Only done the trek to Harps twice and the journey up is great crack, but coming home straight after feels like a punishment. Letterkenny is a grand spot for a night out all the same
    Last minute equiliser to rob a point iirc.... Skipped a wedding to go. The goal is reward in the end!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    I find it funny how one of the reasons Rovers fans are giving as good reason for them to be included is the amount of fans they''ll bring. Last time they were in they brought no one!! How is this going to be any different??
    Cos this time if you are a fan of shamrock rovers whether you are a fan of the top flight rovers team or the lower flight rovers team any game you go to at home watching them is covered in your season ticket price thats why. I imagine there will be more interest than six years ago tbh.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Only Rovers fans are parents of the kids

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Your Shamrock Rovers II team for the season

Attached Images Attached Images

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Well that's an absolute nightmare for programme editors. Inconsiderate feckers

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast