Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers entering a team in Div 1 next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    He didn't put up any of the childish BS just the democratic people's republic statement.
    It's a bray thing 😁

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are Rovers now playing an U19B team in the U 19 division as most of that team FD B team still play at under 19 level or are they eligible for both

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Fair play to the Galway social media guy, he put the statement up and said he was embarressed by it.
    That won't go down well with the eejit blazers who told him to but respect to him
    Where did he say this as I saw his posts and there was nothing attached to the statement by him,
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Where did he say this as I saw his posts and there was nothing attached to the statement by him,
    It's on his personal account. Few other social media guys agreed with him, funnily enough droghedas was one and Wexford were another.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Glad to see the Development Team take a beating tonight. The first of many hopefuly.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Glad to see the Development Team take a beating tonight. The first of many hopefuly.
    Losing 2-0 to a team aiming for automatic promotion is a beating now?
    Embarrassing how much some people are celebrating this? Thought it was just a development team?

One of the best things to come from this game has to be the Longford social media guy being called out on his pettiness at which point he said he was just doing what he was told before having it quoted back at him that he said Longford social media policy is just how he feels on the day.
    Don't you love it when people's own words come back to bite them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Losing 2-0 to a team aiming for automatic promotion is a beating now?
    Embarrassing how much some people are celebrating this? Thought it was just a development team?

One of the best things to come from this game has to be the Longford social media guy being called out on his pettiness at which point he said he was just doing what he was told before having it quoted back at him that he said Longford social media policy is just how he feels on the day.
    Bit rich Rovers fan giving off about a clubs social media the rovers account has done more blocking than Hawaiian Tropic.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    We are the shamrock rovers. We're Ireland's number 2. When we play the town, they always cry boo hoo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Aye pure sh1te allright!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Rovers II are far from crap, will take a few points as they go. Not the best performance in the world from us but important to get off to a winning start with Drogs away up next. The loss of Dean Byrne is going to be absolutely disastrous

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Bit rich Rovers fan giving off about a clubs social media the rovers account has done more blocking than Hawaiian Tropic.
    I'd rather have a social media that just blocks people than one that makes a show of itself by being unbelievably petulant

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Rovers II are far from crap, will take a few points as they go. Not the best performance in the world from us but important to get off to a winning start with Drogs away up next. The loss of Dean Byrne is going to be absolutely disastrous
    Any initial word on how bad his injury is?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    [QUOTE=RathfarnhamHoop;2032241]I'd rather have a social media that just blocks people than one that makes a show of itself by being unbelievably petulant[/QUOTE]

You'd be right at home there so RH!

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Every u21 player in the first team was named. Its just an u21s team with two over 21 players allowed each game so the whole u19s and u17s have been named in it pretty much.
    Heard on Jamie Moores 98 fm podcast this morning that theres lads from the Under 15 squad included in this too..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    The thing I find most intriguing is why did the guys running the Rovers II team leave it so late in the day to announce their squad. Our programme would have being going to print early in the week as any articles that you want to send to the match programme has to be by Tuesday night last so ye have noone to blame except yourselves if the squad wasnt in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Any initial word on how bad his injury is?
    He got in touch with one of the section o lads on twitter. Hes in severe pain he was going to Mullingar Hospital I think but preferred to go private but hes in hospital in Dublin now. He is waiting on a diagnosis but from what I hear its not looking good for him. Pity as he was superb for us until his freakish injury.

Oh by the way in a change of policy our squad arent training in Leixlip any more as there was way too many teams training out there and they have had to move their training base to Donaghmede out near the Airport.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    The thing I find most intriguing is why did the guys running the Rovers II team leave it so late in the day to announce their squad. Our programme would have being going to print early in the week as any articles that you want to send to the match programme has to be by Tuesday night last so ye have noone to blame except yourselves if the squad wasnt in it.
    Squad was announced before the deadline, sure rovers only found out on the 12th they were in for sure and it was after that that the first division clubs agreed on the u21s rule and you're dealing with a lot of minors so you've to talk to them, their parents, representatives if they have them, and find out if they're all okay with being involved in the team. Really the first division clubs have nobody but themselves to blame for not knowing the squad, if they'd been even the slightest but cooperative it would have all been sorted a lot earlier and easier.

Given the attitude of Longford media guy anyway and not even printing the club name on the programme (hope you get fined for that btw) the squad could have been in in December and I wouldn't have held my breath over it being printed.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Squad was announced before the deadline, sure rovers only found out on the 12th they were in for sure and it was after that that the first division clubs agreed on the u21s rule and you're dealing with a lot of minors so you've to talk to them, their parents, representatives if they have them, and find out if they're all okay with being involved in the team. Really the first division clubs have nobody but themselves to blame for not knowing the squad, if they'd been even the slightest but cooperative it would have all been sorted a lot earlier and easier.

Given the attitude of Longford media guy anyway and not even printing the club name on the programme (hope you get fined for that btw) the squad could have been in in December and I wouldn't have held my breath over it being printed.
    Unofficially from my side myself and a few other town fans didnt agree with the clubs stance on it. Five long years ago there was no issues from Shamrock Rovers B being in it and nothing was said back then.
    I do agree with you that the FAI and a lot of the first division clubs didnt make things easy for themselves at all. I prefer a ten team league than a nine team league with a shield competition which would have completely pointless.
    I would be interested to see if the FAI are really going to go ahead with the A championship to resolve this debacle?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Unofficially from my side myself and a few other town fans didnt agree with the clubs stance on it. Five long years ago there was no issues from Shamrock Rovers B being in it and nothing was said back then.
    I do agree with you that the FAI and a lot of the first division clubs didnt make things easy for themselves at all. I prefer a ten team league than a nine team league with a shield competition which would have completely pointless.
    I would be interested to see if the FAI are really going to go ahead with the A championship to resolve this debacle?
    I think every one, rovers included, is hoping that next year there's an A championship or reserve league. And everyones fine with first division clubs not being too happy about how everything was done, but how the first division clubs reacted was just as bad and how some have acted on their socials has just been outright childish.
    There's a dozen examples just from around last nights game from Longfords socials alone that do nothing but harm the image of the league, far more than and second team beiein it does.

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Throwing stones in your glasshouse. You must forget when the Shamrock officals stopped the Sligo radio station from broadcasting the game in Tallaght because they didn't like what the commentator said the last time they covered the game.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

26. Thanks From:

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast