Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers entering a team in Div 1 next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    At this stage clubs need to accept that SRII are included and treat them as any other side they will play. Any ire should be directed at the decision makers on this and not Shamrock Rovers - they are simply taking an opportunity that was afforded to them and I doubt that any other club, if they had the resources, wouldnt also take the advantage of entering a reserve/U19 team if it was going to benefit the club, its young players or those who need game time. A bit like the cringe 'Won it in Talla' banner at an official Dundalk jersey launch, official club media channels like the above should more professional. Leave the side-swiping to fans fora!

2. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    A bit like the cringe 'Won it in Talla' banner at an official Dundalk jersey launch, official club media channels like the above should more professional. Leave the side-swiping to fans fora!
    Agreed. but if clubs are going to do side swiping they really need to put more effort into doing it properly.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    He got in touch with one of the section o lads on twitter. Hes in severe pain he was going to Mullingar Hospital I think but preferred to go private but hes in hospital in Dublin now. He is waiting on a diagnosis but from what I hear its not looking good for him. Pity as he was superb for us until his freakish injury.

Oh by the way in a change of policy our squad arent training in Leixlip any more as there was way too many teams training out there and they have had to move their training base to Donaghmede out near the Airport.
    We heard from Dean himself by pm on twitter last night. He has broken his ankle and snapped his ligaments. It is sad what has happened to him considered his injury history whilst with us. It will be a long time till he will come back playing thats for sure.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

5. Thanks From:

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey Guys, can someone explain to me how according to the SSE AIRTRICITY squad lists, Rovers had 6 of their Premier squad playing against Longford at the weekend with another one on the bench, and tonight three of their reserves named against Waterford started at Longford.. maybe i'm just missing something..

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    That's terrible. Very talented player, everyone was delighted that we held on to him. Hopefully we see him back in a Town shirt again next season.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Throwing stones in your glasshouse. You must forget when the Shamrock officals stopped the Sligo radio station from broadcasting the game in Tallaght because they didn't like what the commentator said the last time they covered the game.
    Getting a media pass for a club is a privilege not a right, clubs treating each other with respect is the bare minimum expected, seemingly too much for some involved with Longford though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    So on the first LOI podcast out for the week Longford and Drogheda have been called "Petulant" and "Pathetic" for their social media and website antics so anyone who has those two adjectives on their bingo card can tick them off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Outspoken I just heard your appearance on the kick off there. Do you not see the contradiction in what you said in it and what you said in it and the fact you've been supporting the Longford in how they've been acting online? Is it really any wonder that teams in this league can't sit down together when you have the official club channels being so childish? What's going to make the big clubs want to work with clubs like Longford when they see that they can't even manage to act professional towards other clubs? If they cant do it on their own website what's going to make other clubs think they can be expected to be professional, respectful and cooperative behind closed doors? You can't say one thing (that you've no problem with Rovers it's the FAI your problem is with) and then do another (Show a complete lack of respect to another football club in the league) and expect to be asked for your input in important discussions. Life doesn't work that way.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Outspoken I just heard your appearance on the kick off there. Do you not see the contradiction in what you said in it and what you said in it and the fact you've been supporting the Longford in how they've been acting online? Is it really any wonder that teams in this league can't sit down together when you have the official club channels being so childish? What's going to make the big clubs want to work with clubs like Longford when they see that they can't even manage to act professional towards other clubs? If they cant do it on their own website what's going to make other clubs think they can be expected to be professional, respectful and cooperative behind closed doors? You can't say one thing (that you've no problem with Rovers it's the FAI your problem is with) and then do another (Show a complete lack of respect to another football club in the league) and expect to be asked for your input in important discussions. Life doesn't work that way.
    Not sure where I have supported Longford's stance on anything, I actually remember tweeting how childish the people's league poster was the morning it was released by all the clubs, I'm sure I've put up a few tweets in jest in a personal capacity making light of the whole thing but what I said on the show is what I l've said from day 1 I'm much happier with a 10 team league than a 9 team one and the biggest issue throughout was how the decision was reached and the lack of clarity on it. The fact rovers B looks like a short term solution and talks of a B league next season are an added bonus. I contribute to the match programme and help with interviews etc after matches, that's as far as my involvement in the clubs media goes.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Not sure where I have supported Longford's stance on anything, I actually remember tweeting how childish the people's league poster was the morning it was released by all the clubs, I'm sure I've put up a few tweets in jest in a personal capacity making light of the whole thing but what I said on the show is what I l've said from day 1 I'm much happier with a 10 team league than a 9 team one and the biggest issue throughout was how the decision was reached and the lack of clarity on it. The fact rovers B looks like a short term solution and talks of a B league next season are an added bonus. I contribute to the match programme and help with interviews etc after matches, that's as far as my involvement in the clubs media goes.
    Supported basically everything the media guy has put up, even the programme that excluded the opposition clubs name and you never even suggested to Doyle that had the first division clubs been open to compromise from the start instead of stamping their feet that he'd have had the Rovers squad list much earlier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Stop being so damn outspoken about it all.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Supported basically everything the media guy has put up, even the programme that excluded the opposition clubs name and you never even suggested to Doyle that had the first division clubs been open to compromise from the start instead of stamping their feet that he'd have had the Rovers squad list much earlier.
    Again putting a laughing face over a tweet isn't supporting it, I complemented the new programme lay out I had no idea what was or wasn't in it and the FD clubs had every right to fight there corner and would have carried it further only it would have hurt them financially.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Again putting a laughing face over a tweet isn't supporting it, I complemented the new programme lay out I had no idea what was or wasn't in it and the FD clubs had every right to fight there corner and would have carried it further only it would have hurt them financially.
    You could see exactly what was on the cover which is enough to know that the opposition weren't being shown any professional respect.

First division clubs had every right to fight their corner, but to say its 9 teams or nothing was just stupidity, everyone and their mother knows that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    RathfarnhamHoop, our media guy is a bluffer! He tweeted off his account one day that what he puts up on the clubs twitter account is how he feels when he gets up in the morning. The following day he says he puts up what he is told!! When he was pulled up on this he started blocking people. As a diehard Town fan who would defend my club to the hilt, I do cringe a lot when I see the muck he puts up. Last season some of his match commentary was a disgrace. How the club are letting him away with it I do not know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Most clubs rely on volunteers to do the social media stuff. The problem is that some of them treat it like their personal accounts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    You could see exactly what was on the cover which is enough to know that the opposition weren't being shown any professional respect.
    There hasnt been too much professional respect shown at any point on this issue. 1st division clubs were treated in quite a dismissive manner with decions made against a general consenus. That isnt Rovers fault but can see why they are bearing the brunt. It could all end up in a general positive for the league if it expidites a change of structure like a reserve/u19 league for next season. In the mean time its a grin a bear it situation. It's true that some of these cringe moments are possibly rooted in volunteerism but clubs should be able to step in and have a word! I wish Dundalk FC would speak to the PA chap in Oriel for example. People who are willing to give up time for free are in short supply I suppose.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    RathfarnhamHoop, our media guy is a bluffer! He tweeted off his account one day that what he puts up on the clubs twitter account is how he feels when he gets up in the morning. The following day he says he puts up what he is told!! When he was pulled up on this he started blocking people. As a diehard Town fan who would defend my club to the hilt, I do cringe a lot when I see the muck he puts up. Last season some of his match commentary was a disgrace. How the club are letting him away with it I do not know.
    Yeah I know hes a buffer, wasn't he sacked for a bit a couple years back for posting something to do with man United on Longfords account?

My point is just that outspoken was saying in the clip that he didn't know why the clubs couldn't all get in a room together with there being so few of them, but when you see stuff like that happening it's obvious why they don't.

All I'll say is if the first division clubs get their wish and Rovers arent in the league next year, even if there isn't another league made I wouldn't hold my breath about getting players from Rovers if I were them, Longford or Drogheda especially, on loan or permanently, because the club are not impressed at all with their carry on last week or so whatsoever and neither are the players or their parents or their advisors. A lot of bridges have been burnt.

Everything was fine when they just weren't happy about how things were done by the FAI, everyone understood that, but this whole development team and not naming the team stuff has ****ed a lot of people off. Not just at Rovers either but I'm not about to go throwing names about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Yeah I know hes a buffer, wasn't he sacked for a bit a couple years back for posting something to do with man United on Longfords account?

My point is just that outspoken was saying in the clip that he didn't know why the clubs couldn't all get in a room together with there being so few of them, but when you see stuff like that happening it's obvious why they don't.

All I'll say is if the first division clubs get their wish and Rovers arent in the league next year, even if there isn't another league made I wouldn't hold my breath about getting players from Rovers if I were them, Longford or Drogheda especially, on loan or permanently, because the club are not impressed at all with their carry on last week or so whatsoever and neither are the players or their parents or their advisors. A lot of bridges have been burnt.

Everything was fine when they just weren't happy about how things were done by the FAI, everyone understood that, but this whole development team and not naming the team stuff has ****ed a lot of people off. Not just at Rovers either but I'm not about to go throwing names about.
    I would expect a club like Rovers to rise above the issue and continue to act in a professional manner. Denying a young player the opportunity to go on loan or transfer to get competative football due to petty behaviour of some at another club would be in itself pettiness. You wouldnt bend over backwards to help them out but if its a positve opportunity being spurned then bridges are burnt another way. Monaghan United were past masters at doing petty, flooding away dressingrooms, shutting off showers, deliberately delaying player registrations among other more serious messing like not opening a gate for an ambulance needed for a player with a leg injury but it wasnt reciprocated, Id have been disappointed if it was as it would have been stooping to minnowism.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I would expect a club like Rovers to rise above the issue and continue to act in a professional manner. Denying a young player the opportunity to go on loan or transfer to get competative football due to petty behaviour of some at another club would be in itself pettiness. You wouldnt bend over backwards to help them out but if its a positve opportunity being spurned then bridges are burnt another way. Monaghan United were past masters at doing petty, flooding away dressingrooms, shutting off showers, deliberately delaying player registrations among other more serious messing like not opening a gate for an ambulance needed for a player with a leg injury but it wasnt reciprocated, Id have been disappointed if it was as it would have been stooping to minnowism.
    Players won't be stopped going on loan, just won't be going to certain clubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    That is unbelievable I assumed it was total amateur hour. Hopefully someone at your club is doing something about it

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast