Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers entering a team in Div 1 next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Well that's an absolute nightmare for programme editors. Inconsiderate feckers
    Typical Rovers they care about nothing not even the environment that will take extra pages to fit in.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Cos this time if you are a fan of shamrock rovers whether you are a fan of the top flight rovers team or the lower flight rovers team any game you go to at home watching them is covered in your season ticket price thats why. I imagine there will be more interest than six years ago tbh.
    But their season ticket won't cover them at away games so I doubt they will bring much of a crowd for the B team away games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Genuine question ...what would you be protesting about.
    Leave aside the integrity of the league question please (Limerick betting scandal / going bust/ cabo playing on a rugby pitch in front of 100 people. Kilkenny city Salt hill devon Graveyard etc etc etc)
    This is purely a schoolboy club driven agenda with a few gullible people pulled in.
    We could protest against the virus Rovers suffer from - Hooping cough. 😀

Any chance Rovers could get that Burkey fellow to play against Longford? He looks like he needs the game time.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    But their season ticket won't cover them at away games so I doubt they will bring much of a crowd for the B team away games.
    Good point I was on about their home games in Tallaght I meant to say.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    We could protest against the virus Rovers suffer from - Hooping cough. 😀

Any chance Rovers could get that Burkey fellow to play against Longford? He looks like he needs the game time.
    He came off early last night after we'd used all 3 subs just to rest himself for today, himself and Mannus are the two overage players today I'm hearing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Shamrock Rovers B were in the league before and brought no one to their away games. Genuine question, why will this year be different with this B team? The 300-500 that I see mentioned on twitter would be 290-490 more than what they brought last time. I have no issues with Rovers entering a B team. It was just the clarity of what first team players they could use I had the issue with. But one gk and one outfield player from the senior team is OK. If they were allowed to play any amount of A players it would of been a joke.
    Don't think anyones seriously saying we'll bring 500 to away games, 50-100 seems to be the number most think might make an appearance every so often which would still be a huge away crowd in first division terms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Actually in fairness to Harps in the latter years always some brought fans. I remember one year in particular might have been the first game of the season and there must of been 50 plus Harps at the game with a drum creating a bitta noise. Only done the trek to Harps twice and the journey up is great crack, but coming home straight after feels like a punishment. Letterkenny is a grand spot for a night out all the same
    This is my 10th year running buses to away games, in fairness we wouldn't have had a lot of buses to waterford, but I do recall about four or five buses running there in that time frame.
    One particular trip sticks out as most people nearly burst their bladder on the bus with no stop from Ardee to Dublin and again from Red cow to Waterford.
    Might actually have been the game you're referring to as well
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Don't think anyones seriously saying we'll bring 500 to away games, 50-100 seems to be the number most think might make an appearance every so often which would still be a huge away crowd in first division terms.
    With the greatest of respect, that's nonsense. The vast majority of Rovers II away games will be on the same time as the first team are playing.
    History shows that Rovers B team in the first division a few years ago didn't travel to away games, and hardly showed up for home games either.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Your Shamrock Rovers II team for the season

too late for that to appear in our match program tonight!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    With the greatest of respect, that's nonsense. The vast majority of Rovers II away games will be on the same time as the first team are playing.
    History shows that Rovers B team in the first division a few years ago didn't travel to away games, and hardly showed up for home games either.
    Do the words every so often just not mean anything to you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Do the words every so often just not mean anything to you?
    Actually the words I'm having the most trouble with there are "every" and "often".

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Actually the words I'm having the most trouble with there are "every" and "often".
    Might want to consider heading back to school so if you struggle to comprehend such simple phrases

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Couple of standout names on that squad list, most notable being Farrugia, which is absolutely nuts that he's listed. I know it was clearly stated one outfield and one keeper from the seniors in the junior infants squad but what's the story with any limitations on lads stepping up and playing for the seniors? If there's none then that's definitely a massive advantage to Rovers with regard to keeping fringe players match fit and getting game time throughout the season if they can just be called up to the premier team at any point compared to the rest of the prem divisions squads.

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    http://ltfc.ie/event/longford-town-v...ock-rovers-ii/

I wonder how quick Lonford will change this back to Shamrock Rovers II if they drop points tonight.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    Couple of standout names on that squad list, most notable being Farrugia, which is absolutely nuts that he's listed. I know it was clearly stated one outfield and one keeper from the seniors in the junior infants squad but what's the story with any limitations on lads stepping up and playing for the seniors? If there's none then that's definitely a massive advantage to Rovers with regard to keeping fringe players match fit and getting game time throughout the season if they can just be called up to the premier team at any point compared to the rest of the prem divisions squads.
    Every u21 player in the first team was named. Its just an u21s team with two over 21 players allowed each game so the whole u19s and u17s have been named in it pretty much.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I wonder how quick Lonford will change this back to Shamrock Rovers II if they drop points tonight.
    Worst thing about that is you can tell that they originally had is as Shamrock Rovers II from the url, media guy probably changed it after seeing the picture Drogs put up which is pathetic really.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Love how the clubs keep trying to insist this isn't an anti Rovers thing, it's the FAI they have the problem with yet all the petty ****e is aimed directly at Rovers. Pull the other one lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Ah lads we wanted this team to develop our academy players, Longford have totally undermined it by not putting us on the cover of their match programme. Lol.
    I hope the young kids can deal with the trauma of it all.
    Can some of the longford people on here get your social media eejit and club officers in general to stop making a show of yourselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Seems to be Longford and Drogheda driving most of this drivel. Absolutely minnowism from both. Embarrassed that we are associated with that statement but at least we’re not putting up this kind of ****e on our site.

The poster from Drogheda was an embarrassment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Fair play to the Galway social media guy, he put the statement up and said he was embarressed by it.
    That won't go down well with the eejit blazers who told him to but respect to him

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast