Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ireland shirts olnly

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ireland shirts olnly

come june 4 IRELAND AT HOME CAN FANS PLEASE WEAR IRELAND SHIRTS ONLY . SHIRTS OF ENGLISH AND SCOTTISH CLUBS WHO PAY THEIR TAXES TO THE QUEENS GOVERMENT. ITS SIMPLE A BRITISH TEAM IS A BRITISH TEAM. AND TILL YOUR BLUE IN THE FACE YOU WONT AND CAN NEVER CHANGE THAT FACT.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    much as I agree with you, can you TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK PLEASE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    much as I agree with you, can you TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK PLEASE!
    you can edit it
    i think you can safely change your sig' now too
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

barglee
    how bout people wear whatever they f*ckin want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    that reply coming from a person who obviously counts a self confessed scot as one of his heroes doesn't cut much....

ireland fans should wear irish shirts to ireland games, much in the same way that it pis*es me off seeing celtic shirts at ireland games they shud keep clear of united/liverpool shirts as well

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think it should be said that people shouldn't be forced to were an Ireland Jersey..(although Eircom and Umbro would be lovin that sentiment) I think people should wear green but wear what they want. Never understood the whole thing with Celtic and their Jerseys should be considered as every bit as foreign as the rest. Ye see alot of young kids wearing united Jerseys and like at games but thats cos they know no better and its all just football to them. The Cyprus match was great in terms of colour everyone seemed to be wearing green, I have a photo which is my favourite of all the photo's I have taken at matches which really shows that (will post it later)....The free stuff helped as well ...Some sort of effort like that should be made for the game on June 4th. The Isreali's looked fantastic in Israel we need to match them in Dublin. Also a point on Eircom League jerseys at games, I'm not sure whether I agree with that either. Of course they are better than any other club jersey but your supporting the national team and not the national league. I know and relate to the need to promote the league and our teams but I'm not sure while watching Ireland is the right time. Certainly to oppostion supporters its confusing and less impressive or threatening for everyone to be wearing different colours....

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    People can wear what they like, but anyone who wears a jersey that isn't irish looks utterly foolish to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Once it's green, white and/or orange people can wear what they like.
    I'd sooner the hoops on display were Rovers jerseys and the Solid green came from Ireland shirts or Cork city shirts though.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I'd sooner the hoops on display were Rovers jerseys and the Solid green came from Ireland shirts or Cork city shirts though.

that makes no sense?( well to me at least!! )

Formerly: dublinharp carrickharp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I wear my blue Harps jersey to any Ireland match I get to, the new Harps away jersey is green (unfortunately it is not on sale yet due to no sponsor )
    “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.” - Sid Waddell
    www.donegaldarts.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why cant people wear whatever they want? Yep in an ideal world we would be able to do the same as Holland, but green obviously but its not gonna happen

But what does it matter. As long as people are at the game, singing and shouting and getting behind the team, why should it matter what shirt you wear, be it green, or even heaven forbid a suit

Just cos you wear a green ireland shirt, doent automatically get the fans behind the team - Well thats my view on it anyhow

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    This thread is just another example of the type of Ireland fans going to games these days. feckin ridiculous people dictating what should and should not be worn at games.

On occasion I've worn Ireland tops, Celtic tops, or even no colours at all to Ireland matches. Im still the same fan attending the game however depending on which day you catch me I'll be 'ok' or a 'fool'.

The new age fan I suppose
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wear what ye want Junior I'm not your mammy..I think this thread is discussing how as fans we can make more of an effort and as if you've been in LR recently you'ill know that effort is needed. No feckin biggy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    A rose by any other name...

If ye want to go to a fashion contest im sure ye can get tickets from ticketmasters. If you want to support your country try shouting for them rather than moaning about what the lad two rows in front of you is wearing. Like a pack of women.

I'd take my hat off to anyone - suits, green jersey or no, or fupping commando as long as they make some noise and supoprt their country.

Cop the fup on.
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onenilgameover
    Wear what ye want Junior I'm not your mammy..I think this thread is discussing how as fans we can make more of an effort and as if you've been in LR recently you'ill know that effort is needed. No feckin biggy

I think your right, i just dont think that trying tell people what to wear is the way round it. In saying that I dont know the answer. The Green cards worked a bit, with the Song words etc (my sisters idea you know )
    But its all short lived.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onenilgameover
    Im well aware of that and I shall continue to wear what I want thanks. I thought the thread was about wearing Ireland shirts to Ireland games - unless I've missed something?

Id say your post was no more directed at improving the atmoshpere at LR than it was at suggesting 'we don't want those pesky English/Scottish clubs merchandise on show at LR'.

Im not convinced everyone wearing Green will improve the atmosphere, its the type of individual who's their (ie. if they are the type to sing etc..) not what they are wearing IMO.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Is a Derry City shirt alright?

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan
    come june 4 IRELAND AT HOME CAN FANS PLEASE WEAR IRELAND SHIRTS ONLY . SHIRTS OF ENGLISH AND SCOTTISH CLUBS WHO PAY THEIR TAXES TO THE QUEENS GOVERMENT. ITS SIMPLE A BRITISH TEAM IS A BRITISH TEAM. AND TILL YOUR BLUE IN THE FACE YOU WONT AND CAN NEVER CHANGE THAT FACT.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Wear what ye want Junior I'm not your mammy.
    LOL

what about a castlerea celtic, its in the form of the celtic jersey but at least its an irish team?

i think ye should set up the "ireland only wearing jersey police at ireland games...and anyone else can fcek off" policing organisation to monitor all those people not wearing ireland jerseys going into LR.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 16/05/2005 at 3:25 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Im well aware of that and I shall continue to wear what I want thanks. I thought the thread was about wearing Ireland shirts to Ireland games - unless I've missed something?

Id say your post was no more directed at improving the atmoshpere at LR than it was at suggesting 'we don't want those pesky English/Scottish clubs merchandise on show at LR'.

Im not convinced everyone wearing Green will improve the atmosphere, its the type of individual who's their (ie. if they are the type to sing etc..) not what they are wearing IMO.

Wasn't my thread to start but thats what I got from it however badly it was put ''taxes to the queen'' and all that lark, not really bothered by that crap. Personally I think green is better and does create a better atmosphere cos I've witnessed it v Holland 2001 v Cyprus 2004 v France 2004. All days were the Unity of colour was remembered and remarked upon by many. However you make a good point in terms of the Noise v Colour argument. I'd take noise over colour any day but that not what the thread is about...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    of course people can wear what they like, but foreign jerseys just look stupid IMO. and the fools that wear them are more to be pitied than scorned IMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast