Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IrelandFans (FAI Supporters Club)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

IrelandFans (FAI Supporters Club)

Just wondering if anyone else joined that IrelandFans thing from the fai
    website? Totally forgot about it but I was clearing out some old emails and
    realsied that I registered for it in August, got a confirmation email but havent
    heard a thing since!

Just seen the fai shop on the website too ... the shop will open when the
    kit goes on sale! I bought the jersey a month ago and still no sign of the
    online shop to open!

(sorry if any of thats being brought up before)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah signed up for that as well and got nothing then emailed them and eventually they replied saying that it was been sent out to me soon. Nothing since then ! Great setup they have there dont they !

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yep , like the mug i am i signed up for that aswell ... back on the 08/09.
    Got my confirmation back & they took my membership fee (they wouldn't forget to take that now !!) but have heard nothing since .

I sent a follow up email to enqueries@irelandfans.ie on 04/10...........
    .... as of yet not a dickie bird

Have these lads ever got ANYTHING right ?

Im gonna phone them today & will revert (....that's if they decide to answer their phones)

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No surprise there really - I e mailed them after a few weeks asking for any info on when I could expect to hear anything, and received a reply reminding me of my password!!
    Following my response to them explaining I knew what my password was, they were kind enough to send me another reminder in case I had forgotten, following their reminder which I didnt need in the first place !

I expect the logo will have changed by the time I hear anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I registered but just the same email saying that i was registered

great service

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

WeyHey

Just recieved my IrelandFans pack yesterday.
    Membership card, pen, keyring and baseball hat.
    Also my membership has been extended until
    Dec 2005 free of charge.

Just noticed the Welcome letter is signed

Welcome to the team!
    Your sincerely,

Fran Rooney
    CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
    Last edited by Ash; 05/11/2004 at 9:56 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I got the pack on Tuesday, after sending them a reminder last week.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not supprised at all...another balls up if ye wanna vent your anger...some of the lads are organising a protest for the Croatia match....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IrelandFans (FAI Supporters Club)

well folks, 44 days ago I parted with €30 for my FAIreland's supporters pack, and still waiting, sent a couple of emails, did I get a reply, you have got to be joking, I subscribed to the FAI Newsletter over a year ago, and never got one of those either, so I should have known that sending the FAI an email, would be like throwning some toilet paper down the bog, gone forever.
    SO I decided to phone them, in total 4 times, have to admit there was actually someone on the other end of the line, and they did whatever they do and got back to me and told me someone whould phone me, that was the first time, did I get a bell back on the phone, not a ************ing hope. was told that second time too, naive me believed them and saids ok, result, Rodoman 0 - FAI 2
    3rd time, I spoke to someone and they told me by close of business they would know the score for me and ring me back, score Rodoman 0 - FAI 3

4th time, they told me it was all sorted, and that they would be sending it to me by special delivery, and I'd have it the next day. score Rodoman 0 - FAI 4

Now I know I'm getting abit of a hiding here, but rang them again, they told me, after losing my head abit and telling them a few home truths about themselves. that they have some sort of confirmation that i was actually taken by the delivery service.
    Please God I'll get it Monday, or by Tuesday, you'll be seeing a hostage situation in Merrion Square on the national TV channels.

Maybe, just maybe, if I was a supporter of the Somalian FA, and had joined their supporters club, i could get me head around the length of time I'm waiting, but c'mon for ************s sake. I live in Waterford, 100 miles from Dublin, i could have crawled up there, and crawled back, and I'd have had it sooner.

So lads I reckon, the abbreviation FAI, don't stand for Football Association Of Ireland, it stands for ************ed About Irish.

anyone reading this ever had hassle like this from the FAI???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's not the same thing, and I don't want to be mad with them but..
    I live in Italy and with my credit card I ordered the match programme of Ireland-Romania, and they sent it to me days later. No problem with the time, but with the price. They made me pay the price of two programmes, when I asked and received just one...
    I'm 21, I'm italian, but I love Ireland, and I always support the irish national team!

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I signed for the newsletter too as did many, but I think they have put that on the website for a laugh and forgot about it. Never heard anything from them. You'll hear some mad stories. It's not paradise.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tell me about it

After signing up to the FAIreland fans section I decided to avail of the 10% discount you get as a member, and bought one of about the 6 products they have in the shop section, the bodhran for €65, did I get the 10% you have to be joking.
    Then I logged on to the Fan section of the site to have a look and see what the chatroom was like, none there, looked for the FAI board they stated. you'd want to be Indiana Jones to find it, the only thing in the Fan section is the oppo to update your profile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerr's tribe
    I signed for the newsletter too as did many, but I think they have put that on the website for a laugh and forgot about it. Never heard anything from them. You'll hear some mad stories. It's not paradise.
    There has been no newsletter as there is no one in the FAI to produce it. Rooney will be blamed of course but it is speculated that anything Rooney wante dor introduced is being reviewwd and rolled back

As for Irelandfans, bet Rooney is blamed on non delivery too.
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The shop section is an absolute disgrace, there's more on offer in any decent sports shop in any half decent town in Ireland.

I have both home and away, and a blue training top, all bought locally.
    I would prefer to buy stuff on the official site, e.g, pennants, badges, scarves, tshirts, and maybe they could bother their a***s getting someone to design and print a few tshirts that don't have the eircom logo emblazoned on everything.

I DON'T want to have that orange logo on any of the Irish gear I wear, I mean I didn't get any sponsorship money from eircom.
    It's not actually winning that counts, it's playing the game with attitude

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    How anyone actually expects anything from the FAI anymore is beyond me. Are there still people out there who don't realise they're less competent or trustworthy than the most corrupt rural border-guard anywhere in the world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerc
    There has been no newsletter as there is no one in the FAI to produce it. Rooney will be blamed of course but it is speculated that anything Rooney wante dor introduced is being reviewwd and rolled back

As for Irelandfans, bet Rooney is blamed on non delivery too.
    There was rumour going around about six months ago that the FAI were not running IrelandFans themselves at all but had contracted it out to an outside company to whom they were paying an arm and a leg. Allegedly, the contract was given out by Fran Rooney. Dont know if this is true but if it is it is difficult to see what was in it for the FAI and why it was launched.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rodoman
    .......and maybe they could bother their a***s getting someone to design and print a few tshirts that don't have the eircom logo emblazoned on everything. I DON'T want to have that orange logo on any of the Irish gear I wear, I mean I didn't get any sponsorship money from eircom.
    I thought I read somewhere previously that the eircom logo on all replica shirts is part of the sponsorship deal with eircom and that it is in place until 2009 or 2010.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In my opinion the sponsorship logo should be smaller than the crest of the team, especially if it's on a National Teams Strip.

I'm hard pushed to think of another national team that when you see the supporters that they have their sponsor emblazoned on the kit.

Then again we're dealing with the FAI, maybe they had a brainstorming session and thought ' great, this is another way to p**s off the B.I.G supporters `????????????'
    It's not actually winning that counts, it's playing the game with attitude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Joined the Ireland Fans myself. Waited about 5 weeks, nothing came. Sent the company dealing with the membership an email and i did get a reply saying that my application had been put in a 'holding file' (even though my €30 had been taken weeks previously) and would now be sent out. Needless to say it didn't arrive and after 2 weeks i got back onto them and was told it would be out next day. Like a fool, I belived them.

Nothing arrived and so i read the riot act by email and demanded my money back. Was told that the courier was to blame, my pack was sent out but had somehow gone back to them. I told them I didn't really care and wanted my refund which I duely got.

At the last mail, I was told that as a gesture of good will they would send out the membership pack anyway as a way of compensation.

guess what....................4 months on, no membership pack!!

Not one bit surprised by the stories on this thread today
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    At the last mail, I was told that as a gesture of good will they would send out the membership pack anyway as a way of compensation.

guess what....................4 months on, no membership pack!!

That is bad! Total slap in the beak!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast