Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Slovakia v Republic of Ireland - 8th October 2020 - Euro 2020 Playoff Semi Final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    My brain has been done in since Monday with this.

What are the circumstances that we get a home final, Us and the themmuns win is it?
    No. They will make a draw on Friday to see which winner plays home.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    I know Israel likes stealing other people's land, but now they're taking another country's playoff place.
    The jammy whores came 6th in Path C

The first 3 go into the Path C play off

Finland qualified automatically

Bulgaria came 5th in Path C, so should have gone up into the 4th spot (though apparently there will be a draw now)

So 6th place Isreal should have been pushed up to Path A, where they would have gotten a home draw

However, if there is now a draw for who stays in Path C, and who goes up to Path A, then technically Romania who finished 8th in Path C, could potentially take the second play off spot in Path A, and get a home play off semi final

Which would be unfair in my opinion

I guarantee you that if John Delaney were still in charge, we'd be gone up to A, playing Romania at home and we'd manage a home final after that too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidetherock View Post
    There will be a draw Friday morning, so decide which semi final winners have home advantage in the final
    Quote Originally Posted by davidatrb View Post
    No. They will make a draw on Friday to see which winner plays home.
    Cheers lads
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Reads the thread. Then again, carefully. Considers paracetamol, but really needs IbUEFAprofen...
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Reads the thread. Then again, carefully. Considers paracetamol, but really needs IbUEFAprofen...
    How I missed thee.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Fyi lads there is a bus directly from Vienna airport to Bratislava ( 45mins)

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but holding a draw for home advantage for a once-off match seems a bit unfair given the expectation was the higher ranked side would be given it. A neutral venue couldn't have been arranged either? Maybe one of the host cities for the actual tournament.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Fyi lads there is a bus directly from Vienna airport to Bratislava ( 45mins)
    both ryanair and aerlingus fly to vienna but ryanair also flies to bratislava and its usually cheaper... but i got my Christmas flight home from vienna with ryanair for 16eu

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    The thing thats annoying me most about these stupid playoffs is that they are not until end of March. I have tickets for the 3 games in Dublin and want to decide if Im booking flights home or selling the damn things!!!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    How I missed thee.
    A sentiment that's entirely reciprocated.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

14. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky12345678 View Post
    both ryanair and aerlingus fly to vienna but ryanair also flies to bratislava and its usually cheaper... but i got my Christmas flight home from vienna with ryanair for 16eu
    They are already gouging the hole out of the prices for Bratislava the week of the match

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    What the hell is going on? I did pass maths in my Leaving Cert. This is just cruel
    Any maths challenged moron could get a D in Leaving Cert pass maths (I should know).
    I think it looks good for Ireland in these play offs. We are emerging from chaos into organised riot mode. There is no Roy in team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Any maths challenged moron could get a D in Leaving Cert pass maths (I should know).
    I think it looks good for Ireland in these play offs. We are emerging from chaos into organised riot mode. There is no Roy in team.
    Exactly! How is a maths challenged moron like me supposed to understand the absolute clüsterfück that is the UEFA Nations League?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Exactly! How is a maths challenged moron like me supposed to understand the absolute clüsterfück that is the UEFA Nations League?
    It's actually a great competition.. and next Autumn, Stephen Kenny will get 6 competitive games to blood in new players and a new system before he starts off the World Cup qualifiers the following March.

All he'll have to do, is ensure he doesn't finish on the bottom of the group and retain the status into the 2022 Nations League and again he'll probably have a play off as worst case scenario to get to Germany 2024.. which in my opinion, should be the real focus of Ireland for the next 4 years..

Screw qualification to Qatar.. if it happens it happens.. but if not, Ireland will have had 20-22 competitive games between now and the Euro 2024 qualifiers (which sounds absolutely mental doesn't it), to ensure we get to that competition

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    It's actually a great competition.. and next Autumn, Stephen Kenny will get 6 competitive games to blood in new players and a new system before he starts off the World Cup qualifiers the following March.

All he'll have to do, is ensure he doesn't finish on the bottom of the group and retain the status into the 2022 Nations League and again he'll probably have a play off as worst case scenario to get to Germany 2024.. which in my opinion, should be the real focus of Ireland for the next 4 years..

Screw qualification to Qatar.. if it happens it happens.. but if not, Ireland will have had 20-22 competitive games between now and the Euro 2024 qualifiers (which sounds absolutely mental doesn't it), to ensure we get to that competition
    Qatar is nice in winter and considering the ease of mobility between stadiums, I think it will turn out to be the most fan friendly Finals ever.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Qatar is nice in winter and considering the ease of mobility between stadiums, I think it will turn out to be the most fan friendly Finals ever.
    What if you are a gay Jewish fan!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    surely you are joking??
    where is everyone going to stay for a start?

it will be a joke of a venue with many of the matches half full.
    part of me would be happy to write it off for us and let us concentrate on building a team for future competitions. whats gone on with the workers is almost as bad as a war crime in my book. giving it to Qatar is the most ridiculous, corrupt decision in the history of awarding these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

“The 10 group runners-up would be joined by 2 other teams based on Nations League ranking (either from among all other entrants or just from the group third-placed teams). These 12 teams would play two rounds of single-match playoffs (semi-finals and finals), with the 3 winners qualifying for the World Cup.” -Wikipedia

So only 2 teams getting a chance, not sure it will extend to League C. He is better playing youth teams and experiment the hell out of the NL. Might be an advantage to be relegated in which case we would have virtually a free ticket to Euro 2024 (but we’d be bottom seed so tough group) if they do similar to this Euro we would be in the Path D playoffs with like of Georgia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus. NL will also probably be used to seed the qualifying groups though, so relegation would be a disadvantage there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Sorry that is wrong. I forgot there was a format change which put us back in League B. We probably will be in the hunt for one of the extra NL playoff spots for WC22. Will need to finish top 2 in our group and it will probably be enough for a second chance.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    slovakia 26th March confrimed
    http://www.the42.ie/ireland-nations-...00317-Nov2019/[/FONT]

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast