Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 season arrivals and departures..................Rumours!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Gartland has apparently poured cold water on links to Pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    He certainly is rated and Dundalk fans would have him at Oriel undoubtedly. It's different from questioning how he would do in England again after chances already had. Valuing him in and around the 500k is based on previous transfers no doubt. The same questions would be asked if Hoban was looking to go back to England, McEleney also. Dundalk fans have been questioning what McGrath has shown this season that would suggest a successful move across the water as is rumoured, that doesnt mean he isnt rated at Dundalk.

Benson is looking to get his off field carrer going so semi-pro football is what he has said would suit him. Money might talk but it would suggest that playing FT at Tallaght wouldnt be on the cards. But who knows, maybe not having any commute will provide the additional time he is looking for.

I thought Pats (where rumour has it he is headed) are full time, isnt that why Conan Byrne went to Shels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I thought Pats (where rumour has it he is headed) are full time, isnt that why Conan Byrne went to Shels?
    Not sure what way the set up will be next season. This year Harry Kenny held training in the mornings but not sure how SOD will proceed, as with most things the budget will dictate what’s practical.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Update on the Lee Grace situation

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...le38684869.ece

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Did Rovers pay a transfer fee for Grace and only sign him on a 1 year deal?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    Been with us for 2 and a half seasons now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    The answers to your questions are in the link of the thread you quoted

He was in the army in his youth before signing for Wexford Youths and only turned pro when he penned a deal with Galway United ahead of the 2017 season.
    Rovers paid €25,000 to take him from cash strapped Galway before the summer transfer window closed.
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...le38684869.ece

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Grace would be a big loss to us , he has been terrific over the last two and a half years topped off by making the PFAI team of the year this year.
    Seems churlish to hope he doesn't do well on his trial , hopefully they offer him a deal that he doesnt accept

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Grace would be a big loss to us , he has been terrific over the last two and a half years topped off by making the PFAI team of the year this year.
    Seems churlish to hope he doesn't do well on his trial , hopefully they offer him a deal that he doesnt accept
    Unfortunately this is part & parcel of the League of Ireland & other leagues as well where a player goes to a higher level.
    He's done very well for Rovers & will be a big loss, that's if he goes of course ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    At this stage it’s probably his last chance to “give it a go” in England so can only wish him the best. Always frustrating to lose players, especially for no fee. He will be a loss to shams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    He would be a huge loss for you, also not sure where you go for a replacement, NI / UK / Europe ?

In comparison this is a real area of strength for DFC having 4 centre halfs under contract, and possibly only Gartland up next season, all 4 who will expect to start too, but to be fair all got plenty of games in rotation.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    He would be a huge loss for you, also not sure where you go for a replacement, NI / UK / Europe.
    Liam Scales is gagging for full time football. Not sure he is ready yet, but could be a good long term bet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Yes forgot about him, he would be a good replacement if Grace moved, but I wouldn't mind him also, if one of ours moved next season / got injured, nice age too.

Elbazoudi who scored for Ireland u21 yesterday was also linked with DFC< but I think he will prob have better options over the water. He's out of contract now with Waterford.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Gartland has apparently poured cold water on links to Pats.
    Was never a runner. Our best player in Cup Final at at minute is ahead of Andy Boyle who has been awful since he returned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Gartland is under contract to end of 2020, Dundalk were hardly just going to rip up his contract and let him leave, after only extending it during the summer.

I`d still consider Hoare / Boyle to be first choice, but Gartland was excellent v Linfield, trademark goal too, I wouldn’t agree Boyle has been awful, he just looks unfit, or certainly not at the level of the rest, he’s 3 more years left, improvement needed for next season, for sure.

VP on the LOI podcast yesterday said he’s after a number of players in various positions, and indicated these might need to be outside the league, but is in no rush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Yes forgot about him, he would be a good replacement if Grace moved, but I wouldn't mind him also, if one of ours moved next season / got injured, nice age too.
    Dundalk were previously reported to have had an interest in Liam Scales but since then Brian Gartland signed a contract extension. There is need for improvements in other areas but Gartland, Hoare, Boyle and Cleary are a formidable quarter to pick from. Dane Massey has also covered in that position. On top of all Scales did not advance his reputation with a couple of stinker performances in the 5-0 & 3-0 defeats against Dundalk last August.

He would be a better fit at Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Gartland is under contract to end of 2020, Dundalk were hardly just going to rip up his contract and let him leave, after only extending it during the summer.

I`d still consider Hoare / Boyle to be first choice, but Gartland was excellent v Linfield, trademark goal too, I wouldn’t agree Boyle has been awful, he just looks unfit, or certainly not at the level of the rest, he’s 3 more years left, improvement needed for next season, for sure.

VP on the LOI podcast yesterday said he’s after a number of players in various positions, and indicated these might need to be outside the league, but is in no rush.
    I wasn’t aware he is under contract, a non starter so.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Derek Prendergast signed for Drogs. IMO a great signing bringing in experience to strengthen our back line and bring more “elder” wisdom to our very young squad. I’m delighted as I was gutted when he left us. A few years back.
    Drogheda United in this together

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    surprised to see Conan Byrne who i rate released so quickly by Shels, he had injury troubles but i would have thought he was a premier player all day.
    He cant go to Rovers or Pats as he works as a teacher in the day so Bohs , Bray or Cabo who train in the evening (afaik) might be options.
    He said on his podcast he wasnt planning on retiring so one of those clubs is getting a good player, maybe Longford who train in Dublin (i think)
    We only just missed out on him last season but tbh from what I saw this season he looks well past it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Derek Prendergast signed for Drogs. IMO a great signing bringing in experience to strengthen our back line and bring more “elder” wisdom to our very young squad. I’m delighted as I was gutted when he left us. A few years back.
    He was still outstanding for Shels last season at 34 and had no apparent fitness/slowing down issues I think he's the perfect experienced leader to fit into that youthful backline at Drogheda. Was hoping he would stay on with Shels but with our expanded training schedule and extra 9 league games at his age would have put paid to that
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast