Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 season arrivals and departures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Glen Mc Auley from Pats to Bohs. Any thoughts, Pats fans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Lee grace and Ollie Horgan staying on, a good news day all round

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Dean Jarvis has signed for Larne from Dundalk.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Ollie Horgan confirmed that he's signed a new two year deal at Harps with an option of a third.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Dean Jarvis has signed for Larne from Dundalk.
    Thats a hell of a signing for Larne this. I would expect Larne to make a go of it for the rest of this season!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Started well for us but his form dropped off a bit, once SOD came in he never got much of a go and despite having another year left on his contract he was told he wasn't in his plans. Seems to be a mentality/discipline thing with him from what's been said, though saying that I can imagine this massively blowing up in our face and him banging in 25 next season.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    If S O D is fecking him out over character issues I wouldn't worry to much. Hard work beats talent 95% of the time

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If S O D is fecking him out over character issues I wouldn't worry to much. Hard work beats talent 95% of the time
    Must be a lot of “character issues” att Pats so given their strike rate. You must be delighted he turned down shams 😎

Isn’t “character issues” the reason Jack Byrne was run out of England and Scotland ?
    Last edited by marinobohs; 04/12/2019 at 8:02 AM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    The chap might well flourish in a new environment, but what makes you think that he is 'hard working'?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Must be a lot of “character issues” att Pats so given their strike rate. You must be delighted he turned down shams ��

Isn’t “character issues” the reason Jack Byrne was run out of England and Scotland ?
    Agreed, with the exception of some of the top clubs the British club system of developing young talent seems to be to brutalise and humiliate them and if they emerge from that they have " character" .
    Mc Auley is still 19? Great opportunity for him. I heard his options were between us and his home town club Rovers all right. More prospect of first team football at Bohs, would be the deciding factor I suppose.

A lot of pace in that improved Bohs squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    If Long can get the best out of him then Bohs have added another good young player to the squad.

He has bags of pace a decent eye for goal but will be offside more often than not.
    A little bit brain dead from a football point of view decision making etc which was frustrating as there is a real player in there.
    Potentially a 20 goal a season man IF he can fulfill that potential.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
    If Long can get the best out of him then Bohs have added another good young player to the squad.

He has bags of pace a decent eye for goal but will be offside more often than not.
    A little bit brain dead from a football point of view decision making etc which was frustrating as there is a real player in there.
    Potentially a 20 goal a season man IF he can fulfill that potential.
    I've seen Ali Regbha and Ryan Swan play for Bohs last year, I'm prepared for anything

Just don't get how players can be offside so much. Fair enough, play on the shoulder of the last man if you want but often with the aforementioned two it's sheer laziness to get back in to position and a failure to look across the line and check your run properly

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    You must be delighted he turned down shams 
    You're not serious?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    The chap might well flourish in a new environment, but what makes you think that he is 'hard working'?

What i meant was he is supposed to be talented but if he is being fecked out because he isn't hardworking then Pats have nothing to worry about in terms of him coming back and haunting them.
    It is very unusual for a player who doesn't work hard to be a success , hence SOD clearing out Pats of players who don't subscribe to his definition of Professionalism is the right thing IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    What i meant was he is supposed to be talented but if he is being fecked out because he isn't hardworking then Pats have nothing to worry about in terms of him coming back and haunting them.
    It is very unusual for a player who doesn't work hard to be a success , hence SOD clearing out Pats of players who don't subscribe to his definition of Professionalism is the right thing IMO.
    Did you agree with the various managers that got rid of Jack Byrne ? Just wondering do the same rules apply to all players.

Personally I would take Longs record of developing players over the (alleged) view of a rookie manager anytime. But we will see.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Did you agree with the various managers that got rid of Jack Byrne ? Just wondering do the same rules apply to all players.

Personally I would take Longs record of developing players over the (alleged) view of a rookie manager anytime. But we will see.
    I honestly think the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm surprised how excited Bohs fans are getting about this kid (especially given he is a self-confessed "big Rovers fan" ) but I also don't think he is a write off because O'Donnell got rid of him.

I'm glad Rovers didn't take him, but Bohs seems a perfect fit for both parties (other than him being a big Rovers fan ). Do think the reaction from some Bohs fans seems a bit optimistic given the evidence so far and his mediocre showing at the Rovers fans five-a-side!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts

Jaysus calm down marino ,
    If Long can turn him around thats great for the kid but it doesn't mean SOD is wrong to move him and all the others on now if they dont fit with what SOD wants now.
    Maybe the wake up call will hit home with a few of these players. sometimes a kick up the ass is a good thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    I honestly think the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm surprised how excited Bohs fans are getting about this kid (especially given he is a self-confessed "big Rovers fan" ) but I also don't think he is a write off because O'Donnell got rid of him.

I'm glad Rovers didn't take him, but Bohs seems a perfect fit for both parties (other than him being a big Rovers fan ). Do think the reaction from some Bohs fans seems a bit optimistic given the evidence so far and his mediocre showing at the Rovers fans five-a-side!
    Thats a harsh judgement , the Rovers fans 5 a side was a tough gig

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I must be looking at it differently then , cos I thought this guy would end up at Rovers and a bit disappointed we won't get to see him. I guess he wasn't by going to be 1st choice starter. Let's face it, if he turns out to be any good he'll end up at Rovers soon enough anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I must be looking at it differently then , cos I thought this guy would end up at Rovers and a bit disappointed we won't get to see him. I guess he wasn't by going to be 1st choice starter. Let's face it, if he turns out to be any good he'll end up at Rovers soon enough anyway.
    Well you did say the same about Harry Kenny, maybe a good job for Rovers you aint recruiting players and coaches PC ;p

23. Thanks From:

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast