Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 season arrivals and departures

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fundraising in the local community has always been a large part of how Sligo Rovers have survived, and the community get that. We have never gone bust or reformed, our model will never make us the most successful clubs, but it works for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Did Galway keep their squad of around 40 during lockdown or have a few disappeared? A lot of players for a 16 game season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I think there were 29 players. A few of the over-seas lads haven't returned and O'Holleran isn't coming back but Doherty has been signed. There's probably 23/24 there now. They were put on the Covid payment pretty much straight away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Georgie Kelly going to Pats on loan

David McMillan signs for Dundalk

Was meant to be announced today but with the sad passing of Harry will be tomorrow or Wednesday before official as confirmed by James Rogers, local journalist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post

Was meant to be announced today but with the sad passing of Harry will be tomorrow or Wednesday before official as confirmed by James Rogers, local journalist
    Happy with that bit of business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Surprised at dundalk loaning out kelly, he looked good every time he got a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post

Bizzare moves on Dundalk’s part in my opinion. Kelly is out of contract at the end of the season but I think he’s a better option off the bench than McMillan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Bizzare moves on Dundalk’s part in my opinion. Kelly is out of contract at the end of the season but I think he’s a better option off the bench than McMillan.
    It makes Pats stronger and Rovers have them twice. You'd imagine Kelly will be blocked from playing against Dundalk and if McMillan is only going to warm the bench that is still fairly excellent cover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    McMillan had a torrid time with injuries in Scotland, if we get the 2016 version great. Could be wasteful at times but also scored important goals. His work ethic, holding up the ball and link up play was his real worth and a lot to do with our midfielders scoring a lot. Hoban the same as even when not scoring was contributing. Kelly I dont think has that kind of game in the locker. Scores goals as a big strong lad that would thrive in a team playing with out and out wingers getting the ball in and across the box. He's less intricate with lay-offs and playing in midfielders bombing forward. I think thats really why he didnt get a whole lot of opportunities which was a pity especially when Hoban wasnt in scoring form - he offered somthing a bit different. In an old fashioned 442 beside a quicker striker they'd be a handful for any defence.

We have a good few injury prone players so I hope McMillan is all good but we have to trust that he passed the physical and that his S&C isnt far off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Happy with the Kelly signing, we've an otherwise good side but are light up front so that should go a long way to giving us a solid goal threat.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    If Kelly isnt available to play against Dundalk as part of the loan agreement it makes some bit of sense to help strengthen a side to potentially take points off other clubs. I'm presuming that he can be made unavailable for both games v St Pats? I hope he bangs them in!!!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 28/07/2020 at 7:27 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    If Kelly isnt available to play against Dundalk as part of the loan agreement it makes some bit of sense to help strengthen a side to potentially take points off other clubs. I'm presuming that he can be made unavailable for both games v St Pats? I hope he bangs them in!!!
    https://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=8727

Yeah Pats have confirmed he can’t play Friday due to the conditions of the loan. Great signing, hope to god he hits the ground running and can help us toward a European place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    I think there were 29 players. A few of the over-seas lads haven't returned and O'Holleran isn't coming back but Doherty has been signed. There's probably 23/24 there now. They were put on the Covid payment pretty much straight away
    The only ones confirmed as having left are O’Halloran and Sacramento. Not sure about Cabanyes. Doherty is back. So I’d say we have a squad of 25 or 26. 1 or 2 of those are young lads who wouldn’t expect to be playing too much and we have Enda Curran who’s injured but it’s still way too big a squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    https://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=8727

Yeah Pats have confirmed he can’t play Friday due to the conditions of the loan. Great signing, hope to god he hits the ground running and can help us toward a European place
    He's looked sharp in friendlies, probably getting more game time than in league games tbh. I'm sure he will be out to prove a point too. If he drives St Pats on to the runner up spot behind Dundalk he could get both a winners and R-Up medal in the one season

A tad more realistic, Junior could well be the signing over the covid disruption that will make the biggest difference for his club. If he shows anywhere near his Derry form Sligo should climb the table. A worry for Cork - how have performances been in friendlies; The 3-2 win over Middleton on face value sound a bit close for comfort, was a full strength side out? Harps know how to scrap if need be. O'Connor will have his mettle tested back at Waterford and will be interesting to see how Sheridan will set out his stall. I think Pats got the better deal with O'Connor opting for Waterford meaning Kelly coming in but ye never know as O'Connor is more than capable.

For all the disruption, disappointment at BCD games etc it will be a fascinating sprint finish and seeing how well new signings/high profile manager will get on - silver linings and all that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    I signed up to the new Watch LOI service today with my season ticket promo code. I found it strange that even though I didn't need to pay for anything I still had to enter credit card details to activate the account. Is this normal for sports streaming sites or just an oversight from the designers of the website ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Credit cards verify age and confirms identity usually. Is ithat relevant with ST pass? Maybe its just easier to have all people enter CC details than having two login pathways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Credit cards verify age and confirms identity usually. Is ithat relevant with ST pass? Maybe its just easier to have all people enter CC details than having two login pathways.
    That would make sense it could be to do with their T&C's. Unless its also with a view to renewals next year. I was under the impression this was a interim project to get us over the covid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I doubt they would hold on to CC details tbh. It could be used as a guide for potential paying customers in the future some way. It could actually prevent some younger fans from signing up if the folks are not interested and pay for the stream. If I were 16 or 17 i'd have no hope. Maybe not signiicant numbers or a solution that couldnt be abused eg reduced rate, maybe kids have debit cards these days and I dont know the T&C for the likes of PayPal for minors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Derry sign Ibrahim Meite, a striker from Crawley and Jake Dunwoody, a midfielder and NI U21 from Stoke.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Derry sign Ibrahim Meite, a striker from Crawley and Jake Dunwoody, a midfielder and NI U21 from Stoke.
    They eligible for game against Rovers this Friday DCSIL?
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast