Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 season arrivals and departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Out of last seasons first team squad there could be as many as 7 players leaving to make way for new arrivals.

Currently there are 4 of last seasons squad who have already gone to other clubs - Benson (St Pats), Jarvis (Larne), Folan (South Melbourne) & Treacy (Drogheda). Another 3 are not signed up for next season and/or may be moving on - McGrath, Hand & Dummigan.There will be more signings at Dundalk in the New Year - the quality of them will tell a lot about where Peak6 sit in terms of the stated goal of making the group stages in Europe again
    Forgot about Hand, he is rumoured to be going to Bohs, McGrath seems UK bound or staying, I'd be thinking the latter, and Dummigan is under contract, in any other side he'd be a first choice starter, unfortunate for him, best right full in last 10 years in LOI is in his way.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Forgot about Hand, he is rumoured to be going to Bohs, McGrath seems UK bound or staying, I'd be thinking the latter, and Dummigan is under contract, in any other side he'd be a first choice starter, unfortunate for him, best right full in last 10 years in LOI is in his way.
    While Cameron Dummigan is under contract, there are strong and persistent rumours that he wants to relocate because of his personal family situation. There were also reports that Dundalk rejected substantial offers from the UK last summer. The signing of Darragh Leahy indicates that he will not be needed for cover at left back and he has a thankless task displacing Sean Gannon.

I expect he will be transferred in January if there are decent cross-channel offers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Drogs announce Richie O Farrell has signed from UCD.
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Andy Myler the new UCD manager. No mention of where Maciej fits in, if at all.

Don't know what Myler's been doing with himself the past few years?
    They’ve just lost underage internationals Richie O’Farrell and Tom Murphy too. O’Farrell seems a strange loss considering he played so much last season and is on a scholarship.

Tomás O’Connor (Limerick) and Colm Whelan (Waterford) both in on scholarships with UCD. Whelan was top scorer in the U19 league last season with 21 goals in 19 games.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    You make it sound so attractive!

Swap a place on the bench with the League Champions who have won 5 of the last 6 league titles (and 5 FAI and League Cups) for a place on the bench with the club who have won 1 FAI Cup and 1 League Cup in the same period?
    Is there really any need for the petty ****e? I haven't been remotely antagonistic towards Dundalk on this thread. If he is under contract with you there is zero chance of him ending up with us, and I wasn't suggesting it was a realistic possibility, just saying he is exactly the profile of player we need.

My initial point remains that surely it would be pointless having him sitting on the bench earning what is probably reasonable money with two players ahead of him for one position and unlikely to get much of an opportunity to kick a ball. Hard to see him being happy with that situation either, so in that case it would suit both parties for him to move on (and obviously we wouldn't even be an option in that scenario).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Is there really any need for the petty ****e? I haven't been remotely antagonistic towards Dundalk on this thread. If he is under contract with you there is zero chance of him ending up with us, and I wasn't suggesting it was a realistic possibility, just saying he is exactly the profile of player we need.

My initial point remains that surely it would be pointless having him sitting on the bench earning what is probably reasonable money with two players ahead of him for one position and unlikely to get much of an opportunity to kick a ball. Hard to see him being happy with that situation either, so in that case it would suit both parties for him to move on (and obviously we wouldn't even be an option in that scenario).
    OK apologies Sonny - maybe comparing the recent trophy count was a little insensitive.

But if you check back on your posts you may realise that you were suggesting that Georgie Kelly would be an ideal "alternative option off the bench" for Rovers in the light of him not getting enough regular game time at Dundalk.

Swapping one bench for another is hardly an attractive option!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    OK apologies Sonny - maybe comparing the recent trophy count was a little insensitive.

But if you check back on your posts you may realise that you were suggesting that Georgie Kelly would be an ideal "alternative option off the bench" for Rovers in the light of him not getting enough regular game time at Dundalk.

Swapping one bench for another is hardly an attractive option!
    Is this the post that I prefaced with "obviously he wouldn't be allowed anywhere near Rovers"? I was literally just saying he is the exact profile of striker we need.

Regardless I don't actually think it would be as clear cut as "swapping one bench for another" in the hypothetical scenario that you signed another big name striker and he was out of contract and free to do whatever he wanted. I would say the best and most likely move for him would be somewhere like Pat's where he would be in with a better shout of a regular start, but if he had dropped further down the pecking order for you and had the offer of a competitive contract competing for a place with Greene then I would imagine it would be something he would consider. That's all hypothetical ****e talk anyway, and I hope we pick up a goalscorer with a similar profile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    It's nice to see you give such an impassioned defence of your parent club, but I never said they weren't good signings. It seemed listening to Perth that his focus was bringing in players from outside the league that would significantly improve the level, so I was a bit surprised the first two signings were Irish based squad players to add to an already sizable squad, but as the non-closeted Dundalk fan kindly pointed out the nature of the European transfer windows makes those signings more likely in January.
    So, commenting on Dundalk transfers make one a closet fan ? You might want to check you last dozen posts so.

I mean it wouldn't be like a sham to have double standards now would it ?
    Keep on spoofing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Harps have signed Aidy Delap on loan from Derry for 6 months.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Paddy Kirk signs for Bohs. Delighted with that.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Paddy Kirk signs for Bohs. Delighted with that.
    yea with Leahy gone it makes sense.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Tristan Noack Hofmann has joined Bray Wanderers to rejoin his ex assistant manager of Longford Town Gary Cronin.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    [QUOTE=ontheotherhand;2026339]You seem a little enraged. It was bohs fans attacking each other in the Jodi while rovers fans celebrated with their team. Did you think I thought you were a player? Buckley maybe? You have similar temperaments I suppose.

And I'm sure you would like people to forget your previous inaccuracies and contradictions. It's mildly amusing reminding you of them though.[/QUOTE

Any chance that the mods can clean up this thread? New arrivals/departures is genuinely interesting whereas petty point scoring and whataboutery genuinely isn`t.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Josh Smith signs for Galway from Harps.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Longford have signed Eric Abulu from us and a 16-year-old called Matt O'Brien from Phoenix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Disappointing to see Eric Abulu leaving.
    Is that a loan or has he signed permanently?

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Disappointing to see Eric Abulu leaving.
    Is that a loan or has he signed permanently?
    Surprising if it's permanent alright. He was a standout at under 17 and handled the step up to 19's well. Think he's eligible for 19s again this year too. Has the potential to make a really good player and he should have a good impact at that level.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Shane Ross ,predicting that if the FAI goes under the League will too! Cheers for spooking our sponsors.
    What a vote of confidence!Hopefully he will have departed before next season starts.

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast