Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    That however, doesn't answer the question. Would Southgate select an on loan keeper at Exeter if he had the choice, over an Everton keeper at the top level? If the answer is no, then why are we doing it in our case?

At international level, you get to face quality strikers at the peak of their abilities. Kelleher has European Cup group stage experience. He faced the European Champions in his last league game, made some incredible saves, and his performance was praised by every pundit and commentator who saw it, in front of a live audience of about 200 countries. He hasn't conceded a goal for us yet either. But we're still insisting on playing someone from Portsmouth. It just doesn't make any sense.
    Ah it does if you watch football.

Bazunu has played international level. For us. He's done quite well. People talk about it a lot. Pundits and commentators and live audiences alike. In multiple countries too.

Kelleher's saves against Chelsea were incredible? Didn't think so to be honest. He had a good game even if Liverpool were a bit all over the shop at times but incredible saves? Maybe the one at Pulisic's feet? The rest were fairly basic efforts that he did well. The most impressive thing was how calm he was, not the saves he was pulling off. But nobody is saying Kelleher had a bad game. We are delighted he had a good game and hope he gets many more.

As for your Southgate scenario I don't know. If England had a 19 year old who had saved a Ronaldo peno and was listed by Marca as one of the most exciting prospects in world football they might give him go! Pickford starts in the EPL though so it's not a perfect comparison is it? If Begovic was England's #1 and they had Bazunu as an option? They'd probably go with Travers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Aldridge criticised Allison’s panicky and misplaced clearances today on LFCTV commentary. Kelleher’s calm and confidence with the ball at his feet when he’s played is pretty impressive.
    Agree 100%. It was the other part of the post I responded to. Kelleher looks really calm with the ball at his feet and I think he'd suit how we play now really well. If he is better than Bazunu in one category it might be there but Bazunu isn't bad either and has some freakish saves to go along with it. I'd love to see them both in training.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    That however, doesn't answer the question. Would Southgate select an on loan keeper at Exeter if he had the choice, over an Everton keeper at the top level? If the answer is no, then why are we doing it in our case?

At international level, you get to face quality strikers at the peak of their abilities. Kelleher has European Cup group stage experience. He faced the European Champions in his last league game, made some incredible saves, and his performance was praised by every pundit and commentator who saw it, in front of a live audience of about 200 countries. He hasn't conceded a goal for us yet either. But we're still insisting on playing someone from Portsmouth. It just doesn't make any sense.
    I might be overthinking this, but I imagine he'd pick the keeper he thinks is better equipped to do the job.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I might be overthinking this, but I imagine he'd pick the keeper he thinks is better equipped to do the job.
    Ah no. Makes more sense that Kenny and his mgmt team are risking their jobs and the respect of the team by picking an obviously inferior pub league player ahead of Kelleher who they hate because he didn't score enough goals for Kenny at u-21 level or something.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Sam Johnstone is in the England squad too even though he's playing at a lower level than Jed Steer if we're to drag that logic to it's conclusion. So Southgate is seemingly picking up a few tips from Kenny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Another start for him tonight against a strong enough looking Arsenal side,should be a good test….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

7. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Given the strength of the side Klopp put out last night and how delicately the tie is balanced, I'd be very (pleasantly) surpirsed if Kelleher starts the 2nd leg.

I'd say Klopp was eager to finish the tie last night but that hasn't come to pass.
    I think from what klopp said he meant, there wasn't anything out of context. Allison was lacking match practice and needs game time, with the premier League and bigger things to focus on. That's proven the case tonight that he got that and the weekend and now kellehers back in.

Kelleher hasn't had much to do tonight. I think he looks slighter than bazunu but I feel he covers the goal better, long looking
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Solid but not much to do. A couple of saves, not overly convincing from corners/crosses. Very comfortable with ball at feet. Another game of experience under his belt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    what will people be complaining about tonight? another league cup appearance? the fact he didnt have a lot to do because of the 10 in front of him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Really assured in what he had to do which wasnt very much,the 25 million pound keeper down the other end let in a very poor goal, but Kelleher looked rock solid for me.....

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Really assured in what he had to do which wasnt very much,the 25 million pound keeper down the other end let in a very poor goal, but Kelleher looked rock solid for me.....
    That raises a good question. If Kelleher was to be sold now would they get 15/20 Million for him?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    That raises a good question. If Kelleher was to be sold now would they get 15/20 Million for him?
    they've got similar fees for worse players in the past. they sold danny ward to leicester for 12.5 mil, he had only made 3 starts for them. im pretty sure FSG will be looking at him as a sellable asset if they see Allison as the no.1 for the foreseeable

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    what will people be complaining about tonight? another league cup appearance? the fact he didnt have a lot to do because of the 10 in front of him?
    Arsenal let him down by not being very good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Arsenal let him down by not being very good.
    booo. wish he was playing with gillingham against lincoln , then we'd see how good he is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Hopefully somebody does come in for him,it'll put Liverpool and the player himself to the test on where he/they see his future.....
    Last edited by joey B; 20/01/2022 at 11:06 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    You'll find that agenda somewhere Jd, keep looking!

Missed the game but saw the save. Top class from the angle I got on Twitter. Great to see.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    You'll find that agenda somewhere Jd, keep looking!

Missed the game but saw the save. Top class from the angle I got on Twitter. Great to see.
    No one has an agenda. Everyone on here is an Ireland fan who wants to see all Irish players do well. Some of us however would like to see him play more than 5 games per year at his age and think its not good for his development that he plays so little football when he is obviously a very good keeper.

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Nice save from the freekick tonight. Great to see the appearances piling up. We are spoiled. Bazunu has done little wrong for Ireland... it's his spot to lose.

Can see it now.. Champions League Final, 2028... Kelleher in goal for Liverpool, Bazunu in goal for Real Madrid... and it goes to a penalty shootout...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    You’re a tad bit sensitive for some reason. He was solid in a league cup semi final. One very good save, good distribution, but not convincing with corners/crosses. He wasn’t really tested apart from 2 shots on target from what I recall off hand. Continues to show promise and gained more experience. Are you seeing it differently somehow?

Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast