Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr
    Jonathan Pearce on DAZN went with Quiveen
    Imagine how the Arab, Latin, Japanese, and Eastern European networks who show Liverpool games, pronounce it?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    World class but cant get in ahead of Fabianski. Do you wake up every morning and try to come up with the most nonsensical thing you can write on the internet today?
    ask the manager about that. Randolph is a great gk miles better than fabianski,

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    ask the manager about that. Randolph is a great gk miles better than fabianski,
    I'm glad you know better than the manager who has decades of experience at the top level and who works with both of them every day in training. You should give him a shout and let him know that he's miles better.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Unfortunate to give away a penalty and get booked tonight against FC Midtjylland. Guessed the right way but conceded anyway. 1-1 now.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Played well once again. Wouldn't be too harsh on him over the penalty - his defence left him very exposed. Looked commanding throughout the game and the ball playing side of his game was as good as ever.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Yes, a 3rd assured performance in a row. Alisson on track to return this weekend. Hopefully Kelleher will get a run again soon

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    The problem now is that it doesn't seem as though Klopp has enough confidence in Adrian to allow Kelleher to go on loan. But, if Alisson stays fit, Kelleher could be restricted to just one or two more appearances for the rest of the season, which wouldn't be good for his development.

Possibly he will have to tough it out as number 2 with limited appearances this season. Then for next season Liverpool might sign another experienced keeper to allow him to get a full season or longer of first team football at a high level on loan, similar to what Manchester United have done with Dean Henderson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    i see he gets motm on bbc sport website again tonight.
    didnt see the game but heard there was at least one excellent save near the end

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    It was great save, his reaction time was good.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    In these difficult times a 20 year old Goalkeeper for one of the big clubs is good copy !

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    One goal conceded in three games. None from play. Coupled with instances of high level distribution. His time in the team can't have gone too much better.

As Eirambler sets out, he's probably played himself into being nailed on number 2. That's great and all for him as a young keeper at the best club in the world at present. Doesn't help Ireland too much though, I don't think. I feel it would be a brave call for Kenny to decide that Randolph has been usurped here now. A small sample size of matches and the likelihood off infrequent or seldom game time for the rest of the season makes it, in my view, very difficult to pick Kelleher.

That said, Randolph is playing as seldomly. The difference is the bank of experience at club and international level he has.

It would be a bold call for Kenny to make. As I've said before , it wouldn't come without a lot of risk and therein lies the challenge. The upside is better distribution from the goalkeeper. Shot stopping appears to be not too dissimilar. Is Kelleher assured enough in the air? And the biggest factor is the known unknown here i.e. what is the likelihood of things going badly for Kelleher and if badly, how badly? Based on what we have seen on Randolph and his time in goals, the likelihood of things going badly is low.

For anyone that has read Nassim Taleb, I think this provides ample opportunity to apply his principles- Kelleher is fragile, Randolph is robust but neither is antifragile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    I don't rate Kelleher at all. And the "issues" apparent in his previous league cup/ U21 games are still evident. He positional awareness is suspect (see the Liverpool goal line clearance midway in the first half as an example) and he has a tendency to catch high balls in the upper chest instead of catching them at the height of his reach. There is flapping at crosses/ balls across his body, and there is just an overall lack of presence about him. On the plus side, he does looks good with the ball at his feet (off both feet as well) but you'd expect that from an outfield player playing in goals. :-)

Randolph has been shaky recently but remains the best goalie available to us. I'd be looking at Westwood (now that he seems to be back at club level) as the option to Randolph.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    This is very harsh and unbalanced. He's a young goalkeeper so he's going to make some mistakes. You point out some errors in his keeping but ignore the good saves and strong decisions he has made in his goalkeeping (And I'm not talking just about his ability in the ball).

I'm not saying he's going to be a world class keeper but he's just turned 22, getting game time at one of the top 4 clubs in world football and performing well. I'm hopeful he has the raw materials and temperament to be a decent international / tier 1 league keeper going forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    He had relatively quiet nights against Ajax and Wolves. Last night he had more to do. He has made saves in all three games when called upon. The penalty decision last night was harsh on him imo - and it took a really good strike of the ball to beat him. Hopefully he does turn out to be a top goalkeeper because we need him to do so. I just don't see it.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Considering he was so prolific as a goal scorer in his schoolboy days we might be able to throw him up front for the last ten minutes of a few games, like Liverpool did with David James a couple of times (Edit: I believe it was at Man City and only once he was thrown up front). Could be the solution to our playing out from the back issues and our goal scoring issues
    Last edited by passinginterest; 10/12/2020 at 11:53 AM.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    I don't rate Kelleher at all. And the "issues" apparent in his previous league cup/ U21 games are still evident. He positional awareness is suspect (see the Liverpool goal line clearance midway in the first half as an example) and he has a tendency to catch high balls in the upper chest instead of catching them at the height of his reach. There is flapping at crosses/ balls across his body, and there is just an overall lack of presence about him. On the plus side, he does looks good with the ball at his feet (off both feet as well) but you'd expect that from an outfield player playing in goals. :-)

Randolph has been shaky recently but remains the best goalie available to us. I'd be looking at Westwood (now that he seems to be back at club level) as the option to Randolph.
    Ah cmon, Westwood? Surely that ship has sailed. He wouldn't even play for us when he was generally available.

I'd be bringing back Given at that rate.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Gets the FA Cup start tonight as expected. No harm that it's Villa's under 23s that they're playing as he needs Liverpool to go on a cup run to get games as he won't start League or European matches unless Alisson gets injured or suspended.

No sign of Tyriek Wright for Villa unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Louie Barry up front for Villa. He was involved with Ireland at one stage wasn't he?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Yeah, was in the under 16s. Has played for England U16, U17, and U18s since then though

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Might be a bit harsh, but I think Kelleher should have been closing down Barry quicker there. Was a bit too static and invited the shot from closer than it needed to be.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast