Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Azeri keeper didn’t pull off the same routine save from Duffy a few days ago.
    Similar enough alright. He should have saved it imo.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa
    I'd be biased in favour of Bazunu given the Rovers connection particularly as when he was home during the summer he was seen regularly at matches but i think the first team football is the clincher in terms of playing for Ireland.
    If Kelleher or Travers aren't playing then the number 1 position is his by default IMO.
    Obviously if he was having a mare and letting us down that's a different story then you take a chance on a different guy who is warming a bench week in week out but until he starts letting us down he is the only logical choice.
    If Kelleher makes the breakthrough and actually starts playing for Liverpool it would be hard to leave him out while playing regularly for a top 4 club unless Bazunu was in goals for city.
    Wouldnt it be gas all the same considering the poverty of Iriah players at top clubs if City and Liverpool first choice keepers were Irish
    Bazunu has already conceded 7 goals against Ireland, and has yet to keep a clean sheet.

Kelleher conceded 3 goals in his 4 pre season games at Liverpool. He may play at the weekend, but even if he doesn't, he will play the League Cup game in a couple of weeks.

Bazunu got the shirt as he was available in the spring when Kelleher was injured, and despite the goals going past him, has held onto it. Kelleher will get senior games for Liverpool this season. Bazunu however, is not up to the level of Scott Carson yet, according to Guardiola.
    Last edited by mypost; 10/09/2021 at 2:29 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Surprising that Liverpool don’t let Kelleher go on loan with a Recall Option though for their own and his benefit. He will need to be getting competitive games regularly soon.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    Bazunu has already conceded 7 goals against Ireland, and has yet to keep a clean sheet.

Kelleher conceded 3 goals in his 4 pre season games at Liverpool. He may play at the weekend, but even if he doesn't, he will play the League Cup game in a couple of weeks.

Bazunu got the shirt as he was available in the spring when Kelleher was injured, and despite the goals going past him, has held onto it. Kelleher will get senior games for Liverpool this season. Bazunu however, is not up to the level of Scott Carson yet, according to Guardiola.
    That is not correct, it would be fairer to say Guardiola thinks at 36 having Scott Carson on the bench as 3rd keeper is ok as he is not developing and has zero chance of the number 1 jersey and is just happy to have a decent payday (and fair play to him) although ironically with Ederson maybe suspended by Fifa and Steffen out with covid he might get a start this weekend.
    On the other hand Bazunu is developing and needs game time hence he is out on loan

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    Alisson amongst the South Americans cleared to play in the Premier League with no ban applying to him now.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Alisson amongst the South Americans cleared to play in the Premier League with no ban applying to him now.
    T*ts!

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    T*ts!
    The Power of Powerful Football Clubs / Football FAs flex’s their muscles and get their way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    The Power of Powerful Football Clubs / Football FAs flex’s their muscles and get their way.
    I think there are some mitigating circumstances with the covid situation. The match those players weren't released for was abandoned after half the Argentinian team were arrested for having breached quarantine - you have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival in Brazil coming from the UK if you're not a Brazilian citizen (because that passport is magic, naturally). I'd be reluctant to release a player into that mess too.

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post

Kelleher could really do with a loan, he's 23 in a couple of months, at best will get a hand full of games this season.
    Last edited by Exgrad; 15/09/2021 at 8:13 AM.

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    Kelleher could really do with a loan, he's 23 in a couple of months, at best will get a hand full of games this season.
    If he is number 2 at Liverpool, zero chance of a loan
    I hope he gets domestic cup action

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    A loan with a recall option would be best. Perhaps Liverpool don’t think he is ready for a loan option yet ?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Liverpool are doing what's best for them, not Kelleher. I don't think the two are necessarily the same thing. They just want a solid backup, and I'd say that goes for training as well.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    If he is number 2 at Liverpool, zero chance of a loan
    I hope he gets domestic cup action
    Adrian gives them number 2 cover, and if he doesnt start playing games soon when does he?

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Adrian gives them number 2 cover, and if he doesnt start playing games soon when does he?
    Later?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I suppose the only way we find out how highly Liverpool think of Kelleher is if Liverpool’s number One got a long term injury and if Liverpool then went with Kelleher or Liverpool signed another big name goal keeper.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Later?
    Never?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    They clearly don't rate him.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    I don't have a view on whether he's rated or not, but is there evidence for him being "clearly" not rated?

How many PL teams rotate keepers in the PL and CL? Most would only use FA and Carabou Cup games for this and would play their number one keeper week in, week out in the top competitions.

Alisson is far and away Liverpool's number one keeper so I think it'd be unusual for Liverpool to be giving Kelleher much game time.

Kelleher has been on the bench for all 4 of their PL games. Not sure if that means he is number two, or whether Adrian is injured.

Liverpool won't have an FA Cup game until January. I presume Carabou will start for PL teams in a few weeks.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    739 Posts
    I presumed he meant they don't rate Adrian, which is why they don't want to let Kelleher out on loan.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Kelleher has been preferred to Adrian when Allison was out in the past season or two, so far as I recall. Perhaps I'm overstating that. Someone who keeps a firmer eye on Liverpool might comment?

Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast