Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Alisson’s father tragically drowned last night. If he were to go home for the funeral, he’d likely miss at least 4 games with 2 weeks quarantine including Chelsea and Leipzig. Obviously when something like this happens, football doesn’t matters but you’d imagine Kelleher will be asked to cover
    RIP. What else can ya say ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Jeez. That's just awful for him.

I know of people based in the UK who have lost parents in Ireland recently and have not been able to travel over for the funeral, so possibly it might be difficult for Alisson to travel to Brazil in the circumstances. I'm sure the club will support him either way, some people need time off in these situations, others use their work as a focus to keep their mind busy.
    I remember when robbie dad died and he played a game for us anyway. Kerr said it was one of his biggest regrets playing him that day

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Hmm. I dunno... I'm not sure how seemly it is really to be looking at this from an advantageous, Kelleher point-of-view given the circumstances, in my view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Hmm. I dunno... I'm not sure how seemly it is really to be looking at this from an advantageous, Kelleher point-of-view given the circumstances, in my view.
    I think it’s reasonable to post here about the possibility this could result in playing time for Kelleher. Nobody here has expressed glee about the situation.

5. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I think it’s reasonable to post here about the possibility this could result in playing time for Kelleher. Nobody here has expressed glee about the situation.
    The poster may mean the Liverpool situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I am too. I don’t think it’s inappropriate for posters to suggest that this unfortunate death could result in Kelleher getting game time. I view it more as giving everyone a heads up that Kelleher could get a game this weekend, in case we want to watch. Hypothetical sure but nobody is thrilled about the death or has even moderately expressed that sentiment.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Fair enough. I didn't mean to suggest anyone would be derive pleasure from the news.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Adrian gets the start, Kelleher not on the bench, but Northern Ireland u-21 goalkeeper Liam Hughes serves as the back-up goalkeeper for Liverpool today.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    Assume Kelleher is injured so?

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I'm not sure, but I'm thinking he must be. Liverpool were apparently keen to sign Kelleher to a contract extension two weeks ago.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Liverpool have no intention of sending Caoimhin Kelleher out on loan:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...leher-20774553

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Sitting on the bench for the year playing cup ties or dead rubber CL group games will do his development absolutely no good.

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Liverpool have no intention of sending Caoimhin Kelleher out on loan:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...leher-20774553
    The worst part about that article for me is that they have offered Adrian a deal to stay too. Now, I would assume that Kelleher is the number two there, based on the fact that he was before he got the abdomen injury, but if Alisson is playing every game and doesn't get injured then he may as well be third choice than second. I would love for Kelleher to get a season EDIT: out on loan but he did so well when Alisson was out injured last season that it is hard to blame Klopp for managing that risk by keeping Kelleher around but it might not be the best thing for Kelleher's development.. or maybe it is?
    Last edited by Olé Olé; 10/06/2021 at 1:10 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Allison is only 28 and arguably the best keeper in the world, while Caoimhin is 22 going on 23 this year. His long term career is almost certainly away from Liverpool. The argument of developing there is valid, but there's only so much he can learn firing balls at Allison in the warm-up at Anfield. He needs to play sooner rather than later.

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I'd be hopeful that if Adrian does sign the contract the option to let Kelleher out on loan will be a real one again. Presumably until they're sure of another back up option they don't want to commit to letting him go. A new contract before he's allowed to go on loan makes sense for Liverpool too, because if he has a brilliant loan and is under a long term contract his transfer value rockets. Hopefully he looks for a clause in the contract that lets him go on loan too. If he's not playing then you'd have to think there's no chance of a start for us in September. Bazunu looks like the only keeper who is almost certain to be starting for his loan club when the new season starts, Randolph very unlikely to be anywhere other than a bench and similar story for most of our other keepers.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    You’d believe that a Loan Move would be best for Kelleher ~ ~ But Liverpool are doing what they think is best for them.

At 23 this year, Kelleher needs to be playing games. Hopefully something changes and he gets to play games.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    There seems to be an new acceptance of youth, or young players. 25 seems to be acceptable as young still, for me they need to be hitting their peak shortly after then. top flight career is short enough as it is.

You see it with the English players, hitting their stride realising their potential early 20s. Not sure where thats changed a long the way here.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    There seems to be an new acceptance of youth, or young players. 25 seems to be acceptable as young still, for me they need to be hitting their peak shortly after then. top flight career is short enough as it is.

You see it with the English players, hitting their stride realising their potential early 20s. Not sure where thats changed a long the way here.
    Id agree, at 23 you cant play the young player card. You need to be playing 1st team football. If Kelleher is as good as we think he might be then there should be some bottom half Premiership clubs interested in taking him on loan. Similar situation to Henderson and DeGea at United. Henderson was great at Sheffield United and then went back to United to challenge for the keeper spot. United I believe made a business decision that Henderson would be cheaper to keep than DeGea and there wasnt much between them. That may happen at Liverpool but Kelleher needs a year or 2 of 1st team football to prove himself first.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts
    I agree with the sentiment but it would be more likely in a loan to the Championship v Premier League and, even then, there is a risk that a year (or two) of first team football wouldn't be a guarantee (or even guarantee-able) as part of the loan. It appears to me that GKs seem to very rarely go on loan to become a first choice keeper unless it is further down the leagues. But i could be wrong.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Yeah I wouldnt be surprised if it was Championship, but I would think there are a number of clubs who could do with an upgrade at keeper even in the short term of 1 season.

Kelleher is relatively high profile given that hes played Champions League games for Liverpool so I would think he could get a decent move

Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast