Results 1,541 to 1,553 of 1553

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    did he not get away with one punching the ball into Foden?
    For what it’s worth. He punched it into Foden’s hand so had it gone in, it wouldn’t have counted. Thought he was pretty brave to come and win and was unlucky to hit Foden in the first place

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    I thought it was a bit rash and had it hit another part of Foden it might have been a worse outcome. Or might not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    really good again. should be no1 for the next 2 games.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Not his finest outing yesterday, fair? Not bad, but a drop in his recent high standard.

Made a bit of a hash of the save for the first goal imho. Even if he’d have got a good hand(s) to it there’s still no guarantee he’d have got it to safety but he just teed it up for McTominay really. It reminded me a bit of Chelsea Women’s first goal against Arsenal on Friday night.

The 4th was savable imho. Not an error but in real time I was surprised when it hit the net, I was expecting a tip around the post.

He made himself big for Rashford’s fluffed chance late in normal time. I think he read it well and stretched his left leg out just as Rashford was shooting – maybe leaving big space between his legs? - but I think he read Rashford’s intentions early so credit there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    poor for the first but a bit unlucky aswell imo, onana was similar for liverpools second. thought the 4th looked saveable in real time but on replays it was a great finish

7. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Looks like Celtic are being a bit more realistic in their new keeper search

Celtic have made a concrete offer to goalkeeper Etienne Vaessen, who is out of contract with relegation-threatened Waalwijk this summer, but Eredivise rivals PSV Eindhoven are also interested in the 28-year-old. (Brabants Dagblad)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Not his finest outing yesterday, fair? Not bad, but a drop in his recent high standard.

Made a bit of a hash of the save for the first goal imho. Even if he’d have got a good hand(s) to it there’s still no guarantee he’d have got it to safety but he just teed it up for McTominay really. It reminded me a bit of Chelsea Women’s first goal against Arsenal on Friday night.

The 4th was savable imho. Not an error but in real time I was surprised when it hit the net, I was expecting a tip around the post.

He made himself big for Rashford’s fluffed chance late in normal time. I think he read it well and stretched his left leg out just as Rashford was shooting – maybe leaving big space between his legs? - but I think he read Rashford’s intentions early so credit there.
    I think that might be a wee bit harsh. Watched it all except the first 30 mins and thought he did well. First goal, yes, maybe could have done better but as JD points out Onana did the exact same thing so i gave him more or less a pass on that. I thought the 4th goal was about as unsavable as one of those strikes can be - i'm no gk expert but his positioning seemed fine to me, and the ball couldnt have been better placed if Diallo had put it there himself. Never good to have 4 goals against mind you.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Onana is a pretty low bar tbf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Onana is a pretty low bar tbf
    This thought also crossed my mind!

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    If a certain other keeper conceeded 4 goals it'd be held up as proof that he's not good enough.

I actually thought he did ok yesterday. I liked the way he commanded his box. He looked assured under crosses too. It was one of the most enjoyable games I've watched in years and I wouldn't really put any blame on Kelleher for the goals
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    If a certain other keeper conceeded 4 goals it'd be held up as proof that he's not good enough.

I actually thought he did ok yesterday. I liked the way he commanded his box. He looked assured under crosses too. It was one of the most enjoyable games I've watched in years and I wouldn't really put any blame on Kelleher for the goals
    Yeah can't see blame in the goals. The first one was struck from very close range . He made 3 or 4 good saves, stood up well on one on one's and was good under crosses. Read balls over the top well. Liverpool were horribly complacent. Bradley was poor defensively really weak on headers and challenges,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Any game you concede 4 goals is a bad day,you’d apportion more of the blame to the players in front of him than the keeper for me,Liverpool’s defending was shambolic at times,were lucky not conceded more in the first half especially…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Any game you concede 4 goals is a bad day,you’d apportion more of the blame to the players in front of him than the keeper for me,Liverpool’s defending was shambolic at times,were lucky not conceded more in the first half especially…..
    Which is exactly the point a lot of us make about Bazunu quite a bit, he's playing behind an awful defense at Southampton mostly
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778