Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1784

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    Al-Nassr have expressed an interest in Alisson - is this Kelleher's opportunity?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...offer-27526922

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    In the event that Alisson did go they would just sign another keeper anyway. It's why Kelleher being at Liverpool is pointless, he's never going to get a decent run. He basically needs Alisson or whoever is first choice to get injured, but not while a transfer window is open, or in the run up to a transfer window opening.

Basically he needs to get injured in September, October, February or March for Kelleher to get a decent go. Otherwise he'll quickly end up as Number 2 again.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Starts in the Europa League this evening away at Lask Linz.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Irish keepers and their fondness for long range goals conceded, was some hit though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts
    Played well. Two good saves, dealt confidently with corners, distribution calm and effective. Let's hope he gets more games.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    If he gets the European and cup games this season he could end up playing as many games as Alisson.

Edit: On a quick count there's 27 games there excluding FA Cup replays. If Alisson picks up any sort of a knock and is out for a couple of weeks Kelleher could get 30+ games with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

He should definitely leave next summer if he get's that sort of exposure this season unless Alisson leaves or has some sort of career ending injury.
    Last edited by backstothewall; 21/09/2023 at 8:09 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    If he gets the European and cup games this season he could end up playing as many games as Alisson.

Edit: On a quick count there's 27 games there excluding FA Cup replays. If Alisson picks up any sort of a knock and is out for a couple of weeks Kelleher could get 30+ games with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

He should definitely leave next summer if he get's that sort of exposure this season unless Alisson leaves or has some sort of career ending injury.
    Similar to the FA Cup I can see Liverpool dropping him for Alisson once they meet decent teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Liverpool assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders speaking about Caoimhin Kelleher's game time:

"He has a long-term contract. For me he could play in any Premier League team. He is a world-class goalkeeper and needs game time and it is a good thing he stayed with us.

"We just are really happy he is with us because you want each position with two top ones. And top ones who can play in any game. We can put him in and the game will not change a lot. We are happy he is with us and hopefully that stays for a long time.

"It depends how players train and act in the room. You never get guaranteed games. You have to see that every training [session] is the last one of your life. If they show this, the door is open for them. We are so lucky that Premier League managers are not looking at our training! He has this talent to surprise and in training, [he does things and] you think 'how is that even possible?'"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    All hot air until we see him play week in and week out. I assume he should start league cup tomorrow? Two games in one week, hopefully his body will withstand it!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Players reputations / careers are judged by the games they played in ~ Not by training ~ Even though training may have an important part to play in their careers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Without doubt, both of you - ive been pretty vocal about that myself on here. Another way of reading it is as a "come and get him" pitch. Anyway, just shared for info.

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    If Kelleher could get playing first team football at a decent level ~ Then the Irish number 1 spot is there for the taking at the moment.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    i wonder how many games does he have to play to keep ticking over?

for arguments sake, if he was ireland's first choice and playing in 8 of the 10 international games in a year (8 competitive games + not playing in 2 friendlies). and if he were to play 10 games in the europa league, 5 games in the league cup, 5 games in the fa cup and 2 games in the league. then you're taking about 30 games across a season when combining club and international football.

would that be enough to satisfy everyone's needs?

my semi formed opinion on it is that he's very comfortable stepping into liverpool's first team when not having played regularly, that i wouldn't have much worry he can do it for ireland. i would have selected bazunu during the last few camps, his ireland performances have been largely good - but there is a point when his form is worrying enough at club level that you think Kelleher is a better option...

and for arguments sake, bazunu might be in a better place now had he spent 15 months on City's bench rather than moving to Southampton. in my mind, his performances have regressed since that move
    Last edited by elatedscum; 26/09/2023 at 4:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    i wonder how many games does he have to play to keep ticking over?

for arguments sake, if he was ireland's first choice and playing in 8 of the 10 international games in a year (8 competitive games + not playing in 2 friendlies). and if he were to play 10 games in the europa league, 5 games in the league cup, 5 games in the fa cup and 2 games in the league. then you're taking about 30 games across a season when combining club and international football.
    I think a better way to articulate that is whether europa league starts, cup starts and the occasional league game would be a sufficient body of evidence to judge whether Kelleher is good enough to dislodge Bazunu who is (currently) holding the #1 jersey for his club, playing 40+ games a season at the Championship level. On the face of it, yes. The problem is it is unlikely... he has about 18 appearances of that nature over a 4 season period.

Only other thing i'll comment on is that i believe Bazunu's decision to move out of his comfort zone and overcome the professional challenges and setback that he has encountered (Southampton, Rochdale, Portsmouth) will stand to him in the long term - 130 games v 18 games in the same period is a massive difference. Those leagues can be the making of a player. Kelleher (mentality, resilience, even ability) is still untested in that regard.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Played last night in the League Cup win against Leicester,conceded the one goal where I thought he looked a bit rooted to his line and could maybe have come out a bit,also wore the captain’s armband for the last 10 minutes or so….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts
    Nobody else seems to be criticising him for the goal. Didn't have much to do, but came out smartly to overt danger with one break, few confident catches on crosses and very tidy distribution. Has only really had one dodgy game for Liverpool, away to Southampton last year. Maybe there's something about that ground and Irish keepers.

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Maybe time to return to praying to St. Mary.

24. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Maybe there's something about that ground and Irish keepers.

What were Kelleher's XG / PSXG numbers?!

And plagiarising a comment I received from a poster here on WhatsApp, it seems Max O'Leary is leading the Championbship save % so far this season (81% I think).

It'd be funny if after all the discussion on which of the young Irish-born lads is best O'Leary comes in and stays number one!

26. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Played last night in the League Cup win against Leicester,conceded the one goal where I thought he looked a bit rooted to his line and could maybe have come out a bit,also wore the captain’s armband for the last 10 minutes or so….

The goal is in the first 30 seconds of the highlights. I think there is zero fault here, he closes the angle and the lad has to put it in off the post to score
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 28/09/2023 at 3:47 PM. Reason: Embedded video

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post

What were Kelleher's XG / PSXG numbers?!

And plagiarising a comment I received from a poster here on WhatsApp, it seems Max O'Leary is leading the Championbship save % so far this season (81% I think).

It'd be funny if after all the discussion on which of the young Irish-born lads is best O'Leary comes in and stays number one!

PsXg on that shot last night was 0.97

Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast