Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Has anyone ever been very impressed with him.l after a game? Bar that pre season game in the states. I can't think of any other time I was blown away with him
    Ditto. Clearly I hope I'm wrong but even if you discount the club games I just haven't seen much to get worked up about at underage level.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    He's a footballing goalkeeper rather than a traditional type. I'm not at all convinced that he's that solid a keeper, but his ability to play the ball out will get him a long way with a lot of modern day coaches. Whether that translates to a successful loan in the Championship or League 1 is questionable though.

He's a young Claudio Bravo basically. I could see him playing a lot of his football on the continent in the future.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    the funny thing is he has a champions league winners medal !

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020...nues-to-shine/

Liverpool bring in (another) 17 year old keeper.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    That keeper will be with the 18s I’d say to compete with the young polish lad they signed this summer.

Kelleher was excellent for Liverpool 23s yesterday. Obvious 23s football is what it is, but it was a derby against Everton and Everton do have one of the better 23s teams and due to the unusual transfer window, the Everton team had a good few players who were on loan in the championship or league 1 last season.

Kept a clean sheet making about 10 saves in the process, some straight forward, some very difficult. Wouldn’t make too much of it but good to see him playing really well...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Hopefully it might put him in the shop window for a loan move. But with the season already started how many teams down the divisions are still looking for a first choice keeper? Obviously there are other places he could go rather than the English lower leagues but that's the most common destination for someone in his position.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Hopefully it might put him in the shop window for a loan move. But with the season already started how many teams down the divisions are still looking for a first choice keeper? Obviously there are other places he could go rather than the English lower leagues but that's the most common destination for someone in his position.
    I suppose many clubs are an injury away from needing him. The deadline for loans to lower divisions is a few weeks later than the regular transfer window. Mid October, so there’s another month for something to emerge

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    It will be truly bizarre and woeful career management if he doesn’t get out playing men’s football by October. I’m not remotely interested in how he’s doing at his comfortable teenagers level. He’s 22 in a couple of months

9. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    He is a goalkeeper, he must stay put time will come.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    It will be truly bizarre and woeful career management if he doesn’t get out playing men’s football by October. I’m not remotely interested in how he’s doing at his comfortable teenagers level. He’s 22 in a couple of months
    The weird thing about keepers I think is that in an individual game, even against poor opponents, they can have opportunities to make world class saves.

Obviously, you want him playing senior football. There are parts of his game that will only develop playing meaningful football and it’s a much better barometer and it’s much more regular. 23s season is about 22 league games I think, so you’ve got far less football.

Obviously there’s got to be a value to training with the best keeper in the world and against the likes of Salah, Mane etc. but at some point you need to play...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    The fact is he just needs to get out and play a season of senior football ASAP. In reality he is nowhere at Liverpool and could be discarded quickly. Playing a few league cup games doesn’t cut the mustard. Allison is the clear number 1 for the foreseeable future, Adrian will stay as number 2 simply on experience, and Liverpool’s true number 3, 4 and 5 goalkeepers are the experienced keepers that they emergently draft in should anything happen to both Allison and Adrian longer term. Grabara would probably be trusted more than Kelleher at this stage, although he apparently finished poorly with Huddersfield.

Right now, everything is built on hearsay on where Kelleher truly is. And Liverpool actively headhunting more young promising goalkeepers is hardly promising.

If Bazunu does okay at Rochdale he should leapfrog him quickly in the Irish order of things. Kelleher needs a loan

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    And Liverpool actively headhunting more young promising goalkeepers is hardly promising.
    All clubs that size are actively recruiting all the time. I don't think it really tells us anything one way or another.

15. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Kelleher needs a loan
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 18/09/2020 at 4:14 AM.

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Conceded 6 tonight against Wigan. Will he be given a chance for the senior team on Thursday in the league cup - would seem like he's going backwards on last season if he doesn't get the start?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    SIX?????!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    They were 1-0 up at half-time too. Bit mad.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    It already feels like Bazunu is way ahead of Kelleher. Was playing mens football with Rovers at 16 and now playing L1 at 18. Kelleher has been treading water for last couple years it seems

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    The times I've seen him he hasnt looked like a good shoot stopper. More like a sweeper.

And bazunu is far from the great white hope no one has really seen that much of him. And I saw him a couple of times for rovers
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    As I stated earlier, Bazunu should leapfrog Kelleher now in 21s, to give him a kick up his backside. Kelleher has done nothing to warrant his reputation which has mostly emanated from the constant niceties from Klopp and the image Liverpool are building. There’s no word of him going out in this window yet. Are Liverpool protecting him? Afraid he is not ready?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Kelleher just left in 6 goals for their 21s tonight, including one bad mixup with his defender. The guy just can’t let go of underage football it seems

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thi...fl-trophy/amp/

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast