Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    When hes 25. Liverpool wont be risking a loan move they'll sell when his stock is high. Cant see him there in 2 years time.
    Has anyone ever paid huge money for a goalkeeper that has played as few as games as Kelleher ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Has anyone ever paid huge money for a goalkeeper that has played as few as games as Kelleher ?
    Not even Joe Hart
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Not even Joe Hart
    I can’t remember if anyone paid that much for him after so few games ~ ~ He certainly didn’t turn out to be as good as some expected anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    leicester paid 14 mil for danny ward he played 3 games for liverpool. CK has homegrown status too will add a few mil to a fee.
    Last edited by Jd2793; 03/03/2022 at 5:56 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    leicester paid 14 mil for danny ward he played 3 games for liverpool. CK has homegrown status too will add a few mil to a fee.
    14 Mil is a lot for Danny Ward ~ Leicester must have a lot of money.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I can’t remember if anyone paid that much for him after so few games ~ ~ He certainly didn’t turn out to be as good as some expected anyway.
    I'd say Man City feel he was worth every cent of the £100k they paid Shrewsbury for him. He did have 50+ league appearances at that stage too for whatever that adds to the debate.

7. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Not quite the same but Villa paid 20 million for Emi Martinez. Martinez’ career path offers encouragement for Kelleher. I’d like Kelleher to get his big break earlier but Martinez shows that being a patient number 2 can be a viable career path.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    14 Mil is a lot for Danny Ward ~ Leicester must have a lot of money.
    The belief was that Kasper Schmichael (spelling?) and we going to Chelsea to replace Courtois - wages were agreed and fee was close to agreed. They pre-emptively bought Ward to be their number 1. Then Chelsea u-turned and bought Kepa instead for a world record fee, which meant Schmichael stayed.

Ward is of course Wales’ number 1.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr
    He needs to face more shots, more crosses, more one-on-ones in a competitive situation, to become a better all-round keeper. There's nothing better than games at this point of a young player's career to accelerate their development and Kelleher's only played 19 for club and country. Travers and Bazunu have quickly racked up over 70 each and are both far more consistent than they were after their respective 19th games. Kelleher's doing very well with the time he's being given and I am certainly OK with him playing internationally but I reckon he needs to get to at least 50 appearances under his belt to start to fully reach his potential and right now he's crawling towards that.
    What keepers want is clean sheets, not more shots. At least in matches.

Kelleher has excelled in every performance for Liverpool, often the man of the match. And that's a massive achievement with the team mates he has and the level he's playing at. He's played 2 games for Ireland and hasn't conceded a goal yet either. If Klopp thinks he's the best No
    2 in the world, the least he deserves is the chance to make the No. 1 spot his, for Ireland.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Extremely talented keeper. But as we’ve been saying for years now, he needs a solid season of senior football under his belt. As I said 12 months ago, he needs to be ballsy (like Bazunu) and push for a move away from Anfield this summer, (I think I mentioned “a broken record” the last time, it’s just getting old now). Liverpool are being selfish (and self serving) and don’t have his best interests at heart. It’s up to Caoimhin to push for it. He’s firmly number 3 for me since Travers began to start regularly for Bournemouth. We can’t have a keep with only 4 senior league appearances be number 1 for our country.

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Extremely talented keeper. But as we’ve been saying for years now, he needs a solid season of senior football under his belt. As I said 12 months ago, he needs to be ballsy (like Bazunu) and push for a move away from Anfield this summer, (I think I mentioned “a broken record” the last time, it’s just getting old now). Liverpool are being selfish (and self serving) and don’t have his best interests at heart. It’s up to Caoimhin to push for it. He’s firmly number 3 for me since Travers began to start regularly for Bournemouth. We can’t have a keep with only 4 senior league appearances be number 1 for our country.
    Kelleher has played in a cup final at Wembley , champions league and league games for a top 2 side in England and been excellent with widespread praise from observers in the UK and Liverpool fans but strangely only begrudging acknowledgement from many foot.ie posters. I would love if there were a few more players in our squad who might be of that quality to be able to do the same at some stage of their careers.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    He needs to making a big start on the 100 Professional games ~ ~ who ever heard of a top goal-keeper that had played only a few professional games ~ ~ Tis time too be pee-ing on the pottys.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    He needs to making a big start on the 100 Professional games ~ ~ who ever heard of a top goal-keeper that had played only a few professional games ~ ~ Tis time too be pee-ing on the pottys.
    Exactly this. If (and I stress if) we're in a situation next season where, potentially, Travers and Bazunu are both playing regularly in the Premier League and Kelleher is content with the odd League Cup tie and crossing his fingers Allison comes down with a bad flu I can't see how there's any case to be made for Kelleher having any claim on Ireland's number one shirt. He'll be 24 in November and also has 24 senior games under his belt (if you include 1 for Liverpool's stiffs in the Papa Johns), he's at the stage now where I can't see any downside from a loan move. If he's as good as Klopp says that loan would inevitably be at a very high level anyway and surely a recall clause could protect Liverpool's interest too in case of disaster. If Liverpool have any pretence at him being a genuine contender to replace Allison and not just a handy backup surely they'd want him to get a run of games too?

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Exactly this. If (and I stress if) we're in a situation next season where, potentially, Travers and Bazunu are both playing regularly in the Premier League and Kelleher is content with the odd League Cup tie and crossing his fingers Allison comes down with a bad flu I can't see how there's any case to be made for Kelleher having any claim on Ireland's number one shirt. He'll be 24 in November and also has 24 senior games under his belt (if you include 1 for Liverpool's stiffs in the Papa Johns), he's at the stage now where I can't see any downside from a loan move. If he's as good as Klopp says that loan would inevitably be at a very high level anyway and surely a recall clause could protect Liverpool's interest too in case of disaster. If Liverpool have any pretence at him being a genuine contender to replace Allison and not just a handy backup surely they'd want him to get a run of games too?
    A 24 year old with just that many games as first choice for the Republic of Ireland when you consider what the other two alternatives have done up to this stage = = It doesn’t make any sense = = Ok things may change but it doesn’t make any sense at the moment anyway.

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Expected to stay at Liverpool next season:

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-...-city-24294834

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Another game he would have started missed due to injury:

“Yeah, Caoimh felt something after the international game and everybody, the medical department there, told him it’s fine and will be good after holiday,” Klopp said.
    “He came back and first training [session] felt it again. We checked it and it was not good so I think Caoimh will be another two, three weeks and then he should be fine.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    He picks up a lot of injuries for goalkeeper who doesn't play very often. Is it the same injury recurring or is he just unlucky enough to be picking up random stuff at unfortunate times?

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    He picks up a lot of injuries for goalkeeper who doesn't play very often. Is it the same injury recurring or is he just unlucky enough to be picking up random stuff at unfortunate times?
    it seems like it's incredibly badly timed. like he'll be healthy for 4 months when alisson is fit and then the moment alisson picks up a knock, he does too. same in an ireland shirt, his injury was what gave bazunu and opportunity back at the start of the campaign

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    it seems like it's incredibly badly timed. like he'll be healthy for 4 months when alisson is fit and then the moment alisson picks up a knock, he does too. same in an ireland shirt, his injury was what gave bazunu and opportunity back at the start of the campaign
    Yeah he's had no luck. Strange for a keeper to pick up so many injuries though. Is it happening during training? I wonder is he still playing outfield a bit. I'm sure Liverpool wouldn't be risking that if there was a chance of injury but I'm still struggling to see how he's injured so often in his position.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Do Liverpool sublet him out to do Door-Work ?

I seem to remember Kirkwood having fierce injury problems while at Liverpool as well. Is there any scouse detective that could look in to this ?

Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast