Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I hope jaros going back to Liverpool won't cause our guy any problems
    I guess not tbf
    There’s a vacancy at Richmond if Kelleher gets crowded out at Anfield
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Starts tonight in the League Cup at home to Leicester.

Jamie Vardy has scored twice in the first 15 minutes unfortunately, so not going well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Not great for the first and third goals. Pity about the third as it has come just after he stood up well to Vardy trying for a first half hat-trick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    nothing he could do about 2nd or 3rd goals

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Some other keepers (especially taller ones) would have saved the 3rd. Needed a much stronger hand on the first, we’ve seen this from him before. He’s firmly the third choice irish keeper in my book, behind Bazunu and Travers. Time for him to fly the Anfield nest in January and finally get some game time ANYWHERE. He has to push himself for it as they will try to hold onto him as back up for the greater cause of Liverpool.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    kelleher is firmly 2nd choice as proven by the last window..... hes 23 doesnt need to leave liverpool yet, being in that environment as a 2nd choice GK is a serious experience in itself.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Travers has leapfrogged him in my book. Playing well for a top 2 championship team is superior to any of Caoimhin’s achievements to date. This is a change in status from the prior international windows where Travers still had not firmly established himself at Bournemouth.

I disagree, being second choice at Liverpool is serious experience to a degree, however, he’s had plenty of that experience by now. He’s been at Liverpool since 16 and it’s time for him to actually play some football. That’s when the real learning starts. He could well be easily cast aside at any time at Liverpool and have no first team football to show for it. Ultimately Caoimhin is still very much an unknown quantity but does have the potential to be a top keeper. We won’t know until he actually starts playing senior football games regularly

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    hes not been with the first team since he was 16, strange comment. Hes wanted as a no2 by Klopp/Pool which is a statement in itself. "Real experience" im not sure how much weight to put into any of that for a goalkeeper of his age when he looks to move. Plenty leave big clubs with none and still find themselves a pl/champ club to pick them up. hes training with one of the best club teams on the planet weekly and learning from a GK whos one of the best in PL. The idea he'd be better off playing with Rotherham right now doesnt hold much weight with me.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    I disagree. He’s 23 not 18. Yes, the real world learning curve is slightly less for goalkeepers than outfield players but is still very real. There’s only so much you can learn in training and sitting on the bench week in and week out, granted that goalkeeping is more technical so certainly the training with a top side is beneficial but it is time to be complemented with real world experience.

Strange interpretation of me saying that he has been with Liverpool since 16. I didn’t state anywhere about him being at the senior team since then.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of Caoimhin and want to see him succeed at the top. But he needs first team football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    95th-minute equaliser brings it back to 3-3, so he'll get another 30 minutes tonight at least

Edit - oh wait; straight to penalties instead. Good idea for the League Cup in fairness
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 22/12/2021 at 9:45 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Two very good penalty saves by Caoimhin in the shootout. Liverpool through. Fair play to him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Saved two out of six, which is decent at least. Liverpool through 5-4 on penalties, so he should get more game time in the semis

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Two very good penalty saves by Caoimhin in the shootout. Liverpool through. Fair play to him
    Fair play to him is right. He'll probably be kept awake at night though, thinking about Vardy's opener. But by comparison, he performed much better than Schmeichel which is a tribute to him. Two great penalty saves and a few others during the 90 minutes.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    I haven't seen the cup game goals or penalties, but I'd fall somewhere between tommy and jd on this. I am not concerned too much if he's getting the odd game at Liverpool, but still I think Travers and Bazunu have done enough to be ahead of him in the pecking order in the short term. This is very different from where we were last year, with only Bazunu playing (and leaking goals like a sieve). Vardy has beaten better keepers than any of them many a time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Wouldn’t blame him too much for Vardy’s first. It was hit with great pace.

His positioning could’ve been better to prevent the third, as much as it was an absolute thunderbolt

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Wouldn’t blame him too much for Vardy’s first. It was hit with great pace.

His positioning could’ve been better to prevent the third, as much as it was an absolute thunderbolt
    Wouldn't blame him for either - could possibly have saved the first but it would have been a very good save. When you saw Maddison's from the side, you saw he really had no chance - it passed two feet over him while viciously dipping to get under the crossbar. Overall he was very exposed with the new centre-half Koumetio being particularly poor Decent save early on and on another occasion when Vardy was through but got pulled up for a foul on Morton. The save he made at 3-1 down early in the second half was very good, as were both the penalty saves. Hopefully continues for the semi-final and gets a run in the FA Cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    I would have him ahead of Travers for us

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    I haven't seen the cup game goals or penalties, but I'd fall somewhere between tommy and jd on this. I am not concerned too much if he's getting the odd game at Liverpool, but still I think Travers and Bazunu have done enough to be ahead of him in the pecking order in the short term. This is very different from where we were last year, with only Bazunu playing (and leaking goals like a sieve). Vardy has beaten better keepers than any of them many a time.
    Think Kelleher being comfortable with the ball at his feet and his distribution will keep him as number two in Kenny's pecking order ahead of Travers. Sucks on Travers because he's having a very good season at Bournemouth and hopefully they see him as their number one again season if they get promoted.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Think Kelleher being comfortable with the ball at his feet and his distribution will keep him as number two in Kenny's pecking order ahead of Travers. Sucks on Travers because he's having a very good season at Bournemouth and hopefully they see him as their number one again season if they get promoted.
    Actually thought he looked more comfortable with the ball at his feet and distributed better than Allison in recent weeks. Very composed and confident. Goalies will always be criticised when they concede 3 but none of the goals were down to poor keeping. Klopp very positive about his performance as well. It’s worth remembering he was behind some very inexperienced defenders and a very poor Joe Gomez. Still don’t understand how Bradley ended up playing for NI, but that’s for a different thread.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I have to say I was disappointed in him for the first, and the third raised questions too - though I've only seen from one angle so I'm more open-minded about re-assessing this one. Good record so far with pens though. Despite being critical of him for the first I'd say it's the kind of thing regular first team football will sort out.

Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast