Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post

So what a difference a week makes - the big question is: how many games does Kelleher have to play before he takes over from Randolph?
    Two. He now warrants a start for Ireland.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Eh, what now?

I presume you mean first Irish keeper at Liverpool to keep a top flight clean sheet?
    Sorry, that made no sense at all, did it?! The stat I had meant to post was that he is - apparently - the youngest (not the first) Liverpool keeper to keep a clean sheet in Premier League/First Division football in over a century.

Sorry about the confusion.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Two. He now warrants a start for Ireland.
    I believe that is said by all with appropriate caveats of him continuing his progress. It’s a big if. Let’s return to this at the time of next international window

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Sorry about the confusion.
    No worries. Thanks for clarifying.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    If Kenny wants to play out from the back then kelleher has to play he is on a different level to Randolph in the respect and has been since he has been involved with Ireland. Kenny has to.pick players to suit his style not keep shoe churning players in and asking them to play a style that they cant - Duffy, Randolph and browne(as a10) to me are the biggest examples of this. Duffy is a great centre half in a compact sit off low risk set up but Kenny does not it seems want to play like that. Browne can play that 10 and did for Preston for a season or 2 when the system is to play forward early and have the 10 get into the box and on the end of things. Again he did that very well and was involved in a lot of goals but Kenny does not want to play like that it seems and wants a 10 to link the third s and create with guile which Browne can never do. Same for Randolph if u want to play out from the back kelleher is as good a keeper to do that as you will find certainly in England and is miles more comfortable than Randolph at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Yeah, but we knew that a month ago. What we don't know, and won't for sure until Kelleher has been tested further, is whether he'll stop shots for us. Two games do not a career make.

If the recent posts here show anything, it's how desperate we are for a little good news.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Randolph is pretty good on the ball. Kelleher is much better. I think the more pressing issue is we need defenders who are as confident on the ball as our keepers.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Yeah, but we knew that a month ago. What we don't know, and won't for sure until Kelleher has been tested further, is whether he'll stop shots for us. Two games do not a career make.

If the recent posts here show anything, it's how desperate we are for a little good news.
    But it is very, very good news. He's played well for, perhaps, the best club side in the world against two good teams and kept two clean sheets.

I do think it's early to call for Randolph's head in favour of Kelleher. My primary point would be that Randolph has a bank of experience to call upon, even if he is not number 1 at his club. Kelleher is not number 1 but does not have the hundreds of senior games Randolph does.

I think there is more downside risk than upside to starting Kelleher over Randolph- at this point. Regular football at a good level should he leave Liverpool on loan might change that for me.

10. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    What I'd like to know is can we expect any goals from Kelleher? Even 2 or 3 would be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I think there is more downside risk than upside to starting Kelleher over Randolph- at this point. Regular football at a good level should he leave Liverpool on loan might change that for me.
    Even if he looks steady over another dozen games this season at Liverpool, it'll really start to tip the balance, I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    If he's playing regularly for Liverpool, he'll have to be in contention to be our Number 1. Randolph has played once for West Ham this season
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    I can't see he'll get regular games - Alisson effectively won them the league title - which puts him a bit of a bind because he could be at the stage where he could be getting regular games for a lower team. But then he doesn't get the development at Liverpool, even if he's limited to Cup games.

Still, goalkeeper was a huge problem for us the last couple of years in that it wasn't obvious at all who was coming along after Randolph. At least this is a big step in the right direction - sort of like the assurance when Shay Given came along and held down the place for 15+ years.

Now we just need a forward...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Alisson is certainly a nailed on start when he's fit, but he's been injured a lot. I think Kelleher will get enough games if he holds on to the backup position. The concern is that there's another senior goalkeeper in the mix.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I dont agree Randolph is a world class keeper with a very bad agent, a bit similar to Kaylor Navas.

Please enlighten us and tell me how many of the current 20 first-team goalkeepers are better than Randolph?

I say the two brazilians, from liv and mcity, maybe the current smeichel son, the wolves keeper and that's it

He is even better than the own on his own club Fabianski

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I wouldnt for the sake of football start a kid with 10 matches so far against an outstandinng 33 years old experienced goalkeeper, he is gonna replace the appaling polish very soon

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Randolph better keeper than Fabianski, Pickford, Areola, Ramsdale, Martinez, Leno, degea, pope, meslier, mccarthy, , dubrabka, guaita, kepà, johnstone

same level with ryan and rui patricio

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Keylor Navas - the PSG keeper who had five years at Real Madrid, which came out of an excellent 2014 World Cup - has a "very bad agent"?

Right you are so.

20. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    [QUOTE=pineapple stu;2060484]Keylor Navas - the PSG keeper who had five years at Real Madrid, which came out of an excellent 2014 World Cup - has a "very bad agent"?
    I dont agree Randolph is a world class keeper with a very bad agent, ....a bit similar GK to Kaylor Navas.

now...... did you get it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Randolph knew exactly what he was signing up for when he went to West Ham. He knew he'd be 2nd choice and clearly wanted the payrise and London life again. Not judging him, it's his career and financial security is a big deal.

He's a good Championship keeper and a low level Premier League one who's very limited because of his footwork. He's been very good for us but lets not over-rate him.
    Last edited by ColourfulPeanut; 07/12/2020 at 3:50 PM.

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    I dont agree Randolph is a world class keeper with a very bad agent, a bit similar to Kaylor Navas.

Please enlighten us and tell me how many of the current 20 first-team goalkeepers are better than Randolph?

I say the two brazilians, from liv and mcity, maybe the current smeichel son, the wolves keeper and that's it

He is even better than the own on his own club Fabianski
    World class but cant get in ahead of Fabianski. Do you wake up every morning and try to come up with the most nonsensical thing you can write on the internet today?

25. Thanks From:

Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast