Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1553

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Yeah, it's not a direct comparison for sure, but then Kelleher does have Champions League experience which Ward and Gunn didn't have.

Anyway, the amount doesn't matter from our point of view - though can understand Liverpool looking to cash in on the bench if their midfield is suddenly old and useless. Getting a move to a club where he can start is the important part, whether for a fiver or for Neymar money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Ward had nearly 80 senior appearances, and six Europa League appearances for Aberdeen on loan before his move, so it's probably an unfair comparison.

If Liverpool are offered £15m, that'll be the height of it.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Lets say you are the buyer ~ If it works at £15 million ~ Great buy / Genius.

if it doesn't ~ How the hell could that manager pay that sort of money with so little game time, etc etc etc.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    The issue for Liverpool is, they’ll never be able to replace him with as good a keeper. They’ll keep him for as long as he’s prepared to stay.

My guess is, if the right club comes along, he’ll leave in the summer. I suspect he’s hoping for a mid table premier league side - let’s imagine Crystal Palace.

He’s been really unfortunate in that Alisson’s two injuries have coincided with him being injured. The fact that Adrian the third keeper has more appearances than him speaks volumes.

I’d say Liverpool are looking for £25m - they’re generally pretty good at getting what they want from academy transfers -

See

£15m for Jordon Ibe
    £12.5m for Danny Ward
    £19m for Dom Solanke
    £24m for Rhian Brewster
    £13.5m for Kijana Hoever
    £17m for Neco Williams
    £17.5m for Taiwo Awoniyi
    £12m for Harry Wilson
    £11m for Marko Grujic

Even fringe squad guys like Danny Ings being sold for £25m

Throw transfer fee inflation into those deals and you get there. I’d be very surprised if he went for less than £20m

I will say this caveat to us Ireland fans. I think Caomhin is really good. Every time I watch him play, he’s really calm, good with his feet and a good shot stopper. When he plays for Ireland, the same. Allison is probably the best keeper in the world - both the advanced metrics and the eye tests agree. The quality of training to keep Alisson at that level must be superb. The goalkeeping coaching must be excellent. There’s two possibilities when CK leaves Liverpool, 1) he thrives with more game time 2) his game suffers with inferior coaching, preparation, facilities, medical staff etc etc

But I don’t think it’s a guarantee that moving to a first team slot will make him a better goalkeeper because across the 29 games for Liverpool and Ireland, he’s already established that he’s an excellent keeper - someone who I’d have no fear about playing…

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    games vs kairat and shkendija or cup games v arsenal and chelsea? i think its easy to see what PL clubs would look at. theres video for kelleher with ireland going back to 2017, there are data scientists and video analysts at every pl club now who'll be able to look at his body of work underage and his 20 odd senior games to see what they are getting.

i get the feeling its a lot easier for some lads on here to say he'll go for 5 mil as all hes done is "sit on his arse" for 4 years. fact is he is homegrown with senior international experience, that alone will keep his value up. along with the fact he was behind allison who is one of the best in the world

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Ward had nearly 80 senior appearances, and six Europa League appearances for Aberdeen on loan before his move, so it's probably an unfair comparison.

If Liverpool are offered £15m, that'll be the height of it.
    Kelleher is a far superior keeper to Danny ward

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Liverpool clearly rate him so you'd assume they'd include a buy back or are they that desperate to add as much transfer money to their kitty as possible?

I was hoping he'd just be going on loan for a season or three so he'd still have some access to the same coaches similar to the way Bazunu kept in touch with City during his loans.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    I didn't say either was better than the other.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Based on what evidence though? He's barely played to know what he's like. We know Ward is poor now because he's had a run at starting in the Premier League. We have no idea what Caoimhin would be like in a Leicester team.

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Kelleher is a very good goalkeeper. I actually think that with his attributes he is potentially world class but we will only see that for sure, when he does play week in week out.

Liverpool and their fans love him. Problem for him is that he is behind Alisson who is probably the best keeper in the world. I could see him leaving this summer with Liverpool inserting a buyback option. Another option is that he is used as a sweetener to clubs and is taken on a 1-2 year loan deal - say they want Bellingham they could bring down the price a little by giving Dortmund a long-term loan on him. He is playing at a really high level, Liverpool are getting their future number 1battle ready and Dortmund are getting an outstanding keeper. Win win win for all parties.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Being reported online that he will leave Liverpool in the summer. Not sure of how accurate the sources are but great news if true.

What level of club do we think will come in for him?

https://twitter.com/reptracker/statu...666142210?s=20

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Totally unreliable source (Jacque Talbot):

“In terms of the aforementioned outgoings. Those earmarked for a probable move include Caoimhin Kelleher, Konstantinos Tsimikas, Joel Matip and Nat Phillips, who is currently being watched by Hertha Berlin. The Bundesliga side tried to sign him on loan on Deadline Day but Jurgen Klopp pulled the plug at the last minute.”

It’s basic stuff. They’ve got 6 squad members who are out of contract (Firmino, Keita, Ox, Milner, Adrian, Arthur). Liverpool are going to need a lot of money to sign the lads they want to come in to replace them. So there’s a relatively small pool of non-essential players they could sell. On the other hand, they’d need to spend a lot to replace Kelleher and he is homegrown which is a big advantage to Liverpool.

If I was guessing what would happen, I’d say Spurs sign Martinez and Kelleher goes to Villa for £20-25m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    I do think his reputation is enough to get him a move to top division somewhere. Villa would be interesting.

Id love to see him on the continent, whether its Germany, Spain, France or even Portugal.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Depends on who stays up too I guess, its a bit of a meat raffle from Palace down ( who haven't won this year and are surely worth a small punt to drop, pure freefall there ). Leicester will buy a keeper, because theirs is having an awful season, but they bought him from the Liverpool reserves for about twelve million so there might be a bit of won't fool me twice going on there. Villa would be a great move, probably as good as he could currently get in the UK
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Adrian on the bench for Liverpool today, no sign of Kelleher.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Likely an injury just in time for the international break making the whole debate moot

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Ian Doyle: One change with Bajcetic in for Henderson. Kelleher missed training earlier in the week and is replaced by Adrian on the bench.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Seems to get injured a lot.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Kelleher does seem a bit fragile. At least he gets plenty of time to recover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Has recovered from the injury to be on bench vs Real today so should be ok to be in squad.

Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast