Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1784

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    Hopefully they're just trying to wangle an extra couple of mill out of it - bit like Norwich rejecting Celtic's bid for Idah. They came to when it mattered.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Isn’t this exactly what happened 12 months ago? Forest bid £12m for Kelleher on deadline day. Not sure I’d go to Forest anyway - bit of a mess as a team, might do him more harm than good

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    Sounds like there may be a bit more to run tomorrow in terms of this story. If it happens it will leave Liverpool having to find a back up keeper from somewhere at short notice, but Kelleher has served his time, they need to let him go now.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    An improved offer from Forest expected before the window closes tonight - Indo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    No permanent deal done, but could he still go on loan somewhere? Championship perhaps?
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,125 Posts
    Don't want to be too negative here and it's easy to be negative but from the outside, as an Ireland supporter, having seen what he did last season and knowing they signed the Georgian for next year, this all seems like an absolute disaster by Kelleher. Like, a real disaster.

Why will Liverpool even want or need to split cup games with him? Protect his value? Maybe. But if they get to the quarter finals of the cup comps he is quickly benched.

His only hope is Alison injuries. Which is sad in itself.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    No permanent deal done, but could he still go on loan somewhere? Championship perhaps?
    Why would they loan him out? They're not moving him because they want him to remain second choice this season. I'd say if Forest had even offered £25M yesterday they would have kept him given how late it was to get a replacement second choice for this season.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    Loan window is closed anyway, except to the likes of Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

After a fair bit of goalkeeper movement over the last few days it's disappointing that both Kelleher and Travers will remain as EPL number 2s, while the injured Bazunu looks to have been relegated to number 2 at his club also on his return.

Generally it's been a really good window for our outfield players, but definitely not for our goalkeepers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    759 Posts
    Yeah, it's not a good situation. I've generally not been too concerned about Kelleher's situation, but it's annoying that none of the top 3 are playing now. They're all good keepers and Darron Randoph and Alan Kelly (if I remember right) have done well for us in the past while not playing for their clubs, if we're looking for positives. They're all not playing for Premiership clubs too, and we've had to dip into League 1 for players in other positions in the recent enough past.
    You can't spell failure without FAI

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    The one big positive for me last night was just how well Kelleher did everything he did. The newspaper ratings for him this morning don't do him justice, that was an 8 or a 9 out of 10 display. Totally composed throughout with some great saves as well, which might have been seen as his weaker point. That he can come in from the relative cold (OK he played a few pre-season games) is very encouraging after the concern about how the transfer window went for our keepers.

He's absolutely nailed on as number 1 now for the foreseeable future, which will hopefully give a bit more space for Bazunu to fully recover and then develop over the next couple of years with less pressure on the international front. Bazunu has done really well overall for us, I still really rate him relative to his age, but he probably got a little bit too much exposure too young and Kelleher nailing down the jersey might actually help him in the long run.

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    The one big positive for me last night was just how well Kelleher did everything he did. The newspaper ratings for him this morning don't do him justice, that was an 8 or a 9 out of 10 display. Totally composed throughout with some great saves as well, which might have been seen as his weaker point. That he can come in from the relative cold (OK he played a few pre-season games) is very encouraging after the concern about how the transfer window went for our keepers.

He's absolutely nailed on as number 1 now for the foreseeable future, which will hopefully give a bit more space for Bazunu to fully recover and then develop over the next couple of years with less pressure on the international front. Bazunu has done really well overall for us, I still really rate him relative to his age, but he probably got a little bit too much exposure too young and Kelleher nailing down the jersey might actually help him in the long run.
    Yeah what did he need to do to get an 8 or a 9? Iif only we have 3 or 4 more players at top clubs like Liverpool who only play 10 or 15 games a season instead of multiples of players playing 50 plus games in lower Premier league clubs or championship clubs , we would be much better for it. Yet so many would still rather kelleher was playing for blackburn rovers every week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    Well clear as our best player on the whoscored ratings FWIW - 7.7, compared to Sammie on 6.7 and Ogbene/Browne on 6.3. Seems more reasonable. Certainly about the only positive to take from yesterday.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Yeah what did he need to do to get an 8 or a 9? Iif only we have 3 or 4 more players at top clubs like Liverpool who only play 10 or 15 games a season instead of multiples of players playing 50 plus games in lower Premier league clubs or championship clubs , we would be much better for it. Yet so many would still rather kelleher was playing for blackburn rovers every week
    It's why I liked the Ferguson to City links. Fair enough his game time would halve but the development of working alongside the best of the best would be good too.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,125 Posts
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024...t-of-my-hands/

Quite clear. The video is worth watching too. He is very clearly ****ed off.

Problem now is that they might fancy giving minutes to Vitezslav Jaros over Kelleher for certain games against weaker opposition where Alisson is injured or rested...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Really unfortunate for him the way it worked out,under the last regime it’s clear he expected to be given the chance to be number one but the events of the last 9 months at Liverpool have changed everything,real shame he didn’t get a move this summer but Liverpools valuation and asking price did him no favour in getting the move…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024...t-of-my-hands/

Quite clear. The video is worth watching too. He is very clearly ****ed off.

Problem now is that they might fancy giving minutes to Vitezslav Jaros over Kelleher for certain games against weaker opposition where Alisson is injured or rested...
    I said this before the season started but more I could see them giving Jaros the games in the EFL cup and FA cup that you'd normally except Kelleher to start. With his role being filling in for games that Ali misses.

I'm certain in one season. Possibly one of the COVID seasons that Kelleher was third choice but got domestic cup games. Ali missed a chunk of the season but Adrian played when he was out.

Could see them doing similar again but then you gotta give Kelleher minutes to keep his value up.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    I said this before the season started but more I could see them giving Jaros the games in the EFL cup and FA cup that you'd normally except Kelleher to start. With his role being filling in for games that Ali misses.

I'm certain in one season. Possibly one of the COVID seasons that Kelleher was third choice but got domestic cup games. Ali missed a chunk of the season but Adrian played when he was out.

Could see them doing similar again but then you gotta give Kelleher minutes to keep his value up.
    Yep, huge risk of this now.

Either way, it is very unlikely that he gets a run like he got last season. And he did very well in that run. So Kelleher is probably going to be on a lesser footing for a move in January next summer than he was this summer.

His contract expires in two seasons' time. There is also a risk that Liverpool that unless a truly compelling bid comes in next summer that Mamardashvilli goes out on loan next season as Alisson retains the number one spot. Kelleher's would need to hope that Jaros has established himself as a number 2 at that point.

What a crappy situation for him. I'm sure he's getting well paid to be in it and he did sign a contract willingly but Liverpool are giving him a right screwing.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,125 Posts
    I see his agent is our man Johnathan Barnett's firm. I remember there was an anecdote about Barnett trying to get a client of his, Gareth Bale, to play for England and it was referenced at the time of a client of his, Jackie Grealish, defecting to England. Probably was irrelevant but was helpful at the time!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Yep, huge risk of this now.

Either way, it is very unlikely that he gets a run like he got last season. And he did very well in that run. So Kelleher is probably going to be on a lesser footing for a move in January next summer than he was this summer.

His contract expires in two seasons' time. There is also a risk that Liverpool that unless a truly compelling bid comes in next summer that Mamardashvilli goes out on loan next season as Alisson retains the number one spot. Kelleher's would need to hope that Jaros has established himself as a number 2 at that point.

What a crappy situation for him. I'm sure he's getting well paid to be in it and he did sign a contract willingly but Liverpool are giving him a right screwing.
    There are a lot of rumours that Alisson is heading to the Saudi pro-league next season. Mamardashvilli was sent out on loan with the view to getting him more playing time than he would at Liverpool with the intention of replacing Alisson next season. Kelleher has to get out of there - but unfortunately he doesn't have any leverage because his contact has two years to run.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Could be in line to start this weekend. Alisson has a muscle issue which was made worse after the Milan game and missed training on Thursday.

23. Thanks From:

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast