Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 1,781 to 1,792 of 1792

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    760 Posts
    Hopefully he'll start and have a great game. He needs to keep showing clubs he's worth a bid in January or next summer.

He's definitely second choice at the moment? I haven't seen any of their squad lists this season and there was speculation in the summer here that the new guy could be favoured.
    You can't spell failure without FAI

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    887 Posts
    Definitely second choice, the Georgian keeper is out on loan for the season. The suggestion I think was that they might give the third choice keeper (Jaros - ex St Pat's) some cup games instead of Kelleher as they may want to develop him as a future second choice after Kelleher goes. But there's no way they'd start him over Kelleher in a league game.

Jaros, despite being a far inferior keeper, has played considerably more football at a younger age than Kelleher as he has been out on numerous loans while Caoimhin has been successfully nailing down the bench spot at Anfield in recent years.

4. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,746 Posts
    Quality over quantity I suppose. I think Kelleher has proven he can cut it at very high level despite not having 100 career games under his belt. Jaros hasn't proven anything yet.

Somewhat related, I was watching Arsenal at Atalanta last night. An absolute snoozefest except for a great double save by Raya, a bit like the rebound save he made against Ollie Watkins a couple of weeks ago. Commentary team said 10 years ago to the day he was playing for non-league Southport vs Macclesfield. Now he's playing at rarified elite level. It seems like his Spanish club had an arrangement with Blackburn who he signed for and was then sent out on loan.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 20/09/2024 at 10:55 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Definitely second choice, the Georgian keeper is out on loan for the season. The suggestion I think was that they might give the third choice keeper (Jaros - ex St Pat's) some cup games instead of Kelleher as they may want to develop him as a future second choice after Kelleher goes. But there's no way they'd start him over Kelleher in a league game.

Jaros, despite being a far inferior keeper, has played considerably more football at a younger age than Kelleher as he has been out on numerous loans while Caoimhin has been successfully nailing down the bench spot at Anfield in recent years.
    Yeah they did something similar during one of the COVID seasons. Kelleher was third choice but played some cup games while Adrian played whenever Alisson was unavailable for games he'd normally start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Started today and had the game of his life by all accounts. Seven saves altogether with Bournemouth having 6 on target. He's proven time and again that he maintains form even after a spell on the bench.

Would be great if Alisson is out for a couple of more games although apparently it's a minor injury

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    887 Posts
    Good reports today. The reasonably decent run of games he has had for club and country this year (22 since the beginning of January I think) seems to have really brought him on.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelmusic View Post
    Seven saves altogether with Bournemouth having 6 on target
    I had the count at 8. The six shots on target plus the one he clawed off the line that Trent knocked his way and the freekick that hit the wall and spun towards him

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Very unlikely he gets to leave this season and yesterday shows why , a game that liverpool were very poor in gave up chances and needed a reliable keeper. Kelleher may decide next summer to not leave going into his final season under contract with the chance of a huge signing on fee coming his way when he goes on a free in summer 26

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    587 Posts
    Perhaps the Republic of Ireland needs to play more games ? !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    605 Posts
    Arne Slot quotes on CK:

"Yeah, but not only two goalkeepers, also two good wingers, left wingers, two good right wingers, two good strikers," said the Dutchman.

"That's what you saw today. I just said about Cody [Gakpo], how good he was in San Siro, how good Lucho [Diaz] was now – and it's the same with the goalkeepers.

"We needed our goalkeeper today more than in all the other matches we played before because, like I just said, Bournemouth got more chances than I am used to seeing the other teams getting against us in the first six games of the season.

"But it was a good thing that we had Caoimhín today because he made some really good saves – which Alisson did in the other games as well, but he didn't have to make that many as Caoimhín made today.”

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    605 Posts
    Won’t or can’t last for much longer but Liverpool on pace to concede 7 goals this season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    I lived in Liverpool for years and was visiting old friends last weekend.

All my Liverpool supporting mates said they would be gutted to lose him and two of them reckoned the Georgian was an investment because he looks very good, but best case scenario could be a number one there in time. They all feel Caoimhin is very good with the potential to be top class and should be next in line after Becker. Most felt a buy back is what they want for Kelleher.

My Everton mates all reckoned he is far superior to Pickford. I agree as well.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990