Passenger...
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    If hes anything he'd be the mature student who is still stuck repeating 1st year in Flight school for the 5th time.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    This is becoming very tiresome. Might be a bit of an irrelevant observation, but he actually played quite well.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    This is becoming very tiresome. Might be a bit of an irrelevant observation, but he actually played quite well.
    They are jokes dude, lighten up. Not everything is an attack on your beloved Liverpool
    Its really not that complicated!!!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Crazy stat, when you think about it

8. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    I just saw the highlights on TNT's website. Liverpool Twitter wasn't happy with him last night but I'm not sure why. First goal was all about bad defending and a critical deflection, second was unstoppable - super hard low finish imho - and the third was a dangerous low cross that took a deflection and he pushed it wide of the goal only for a guy to finish from a tightish angle. I think a goalkeeper has to go for those balls (corridor of uncertainty as they say), though maybe his defender would have dealt with it better. Again, a slight deflection meant he needed to make an instant decision.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I just saw the highlights on TNT's website. Liverpool Twitter wasn't happy with him last night but I'm not sure why. First goal was all about bad defending and a critical deflection, second was unstoppable - super hard low finish imho - and the third was a dangerous low cross that took a deflection and he pushed it wide of the goal only for a guy to finish from a tightish angle. I think a goalkeeper has to go for those balls (corridor of uncertainty as they say), though maybe his defender would have dealt with it better. Again, a slight deflection meant he needed to make an instant decision.
    Kelleher needs to be playing week in week out to see if he can make it as a goalkeeper ~ Either in the Championship or in the very unlikely event that a manager would take such a gamble on such an in-experienced goalkeeper in the Premier League.

One of these days / months, Kelleher is going to have to do what ever it takes to try to get to play, week in week out ~ Until that happens no one knows what level he is capable of playing at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts
    Yeah, he wasn't at fault for any of the goals last night but seems to be a consensus opinion he is in "poorer form this season" from skimming the Liverpool fans forum - hence the criticism? I suppose from our perspective it is good that he has gotten match time recently if he needs to be called upon.

12. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Yeah, he wasn't at fault for any of the goals last night but seems to be a consensus opinion he is in "poorer form this season" from skimming the Liverpool fans forum - hence the criticism? I suppose from our perspective it is good that he has gotten match time recently if he needs to be called upon.
    He was certainly at fault for the 3rd goal.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Third goal he was all over the place. Positioning for the initial shot was dodgy, then left the entire far side of his goal exposed for the finish. Liverpool forums were scathing of him. Seen a few hoping that Allison doesn't get an injury. They seem to be losing faith in Kelleher.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Third goal he was all over the place. Positioning for the initial shot was dodgy, then left the entire far side of his goal exposed for the finish. Liverpool forums were scathing of him. Seen a few hoping that Allison doesn't get an injury. They seem to be losing faith in Kelleher.
    He hasn't played enough to know what he is capable of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts
    Maybe Kelleher can do better for the third. But look at the actions of the defensive line. First cross field pass could have been stopped, the ball across the box is stoppable if the RB faces up and doesn't turn his back - which results in the deflection, neither of the 2 CBs pick up the Toulouse striker - if Kelleher doesn't get a touch on the deflection he has a tap in, nobody in the Liverpool defence had a clue the scorer of the goal was arriving in the box. Defensive shambles all over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    I don't think he covered himself in glory at all really. He was beaten five times all in, with two ruled out. I really don't like the way he closes down a player too, makes his body really small rather than spread himself.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

19. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I don't think he covered himself in glory at all really. He was beaten five times all in, with two ruled out. I really don't like the way he closes down a player too, makes his body really small rather than spread himself.
    I thought he was poor enough if not directly responsible for the goals - and you are right about closing down an incoming attacker - it is one thing that Bazunu does do better than Kelleher.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    While not being directly responsible for any goals recently, he’s really not looked great. Not sure what’s going on but he just hasn’t made the saves he’s capable of. He’s still excellent with his feet and his handling is excellent but in the past when there was a one on one, I’d have far more faith it wouldn’t be a goal

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Confidence is massive for goalkeepers - and you get the impression that something is not right with him at the moment (probably that he is playing so few games)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Maybe he sees every game as being his chance to put himself in the shop window and nerves are definitely playing a part. It's strangely like Nunez. he's fine when he doesn't have time and doesn't have to make a decision and its pure instinct. Kelleher is equally confident with his handling, distribution and some good reaction saves. The problem seems to be when he has a decision to make where a striker is on goal. He seems to hesitate, almost freeze, and ends up offering too big or too obvious a target.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Looks like Allison has picked up an injury that will sideline him for a while according to Klopp,Kelleher will get extended minutes in the team in one of the busiest periods of the season now …..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    This is the chance he's been waiting for, he better take it with both hands. Also good timing with Ireland changing manager, if he can get regular game time in the premier league it might edge him ahead of Bazunu in the manager's eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    if he can get regular game time in the premier league it might edge him ahead of Bazunu in the manager's eyes.
    hard to believe this is considered a controversial opinion on here.

Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast