Page 63 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1793

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke
    So if attendances & revenue, plus most clubs there being able to attract & afford international players isn't relevant, would you enlighten me to what is ? Apart from your opinion, obviously. Surely you have some criteria other than a frothing at the mouth weird disdain for it ?

By the way Ipswich were in League One since 2018 / 19. They weren't even in that division, you know... the pub one you know so much about.

Promoted teams sometimes struggle do they - is that all you've got ? Promoted teams do that the world over. Promoted teams also stabilise, and do fine there but you stick to the tiny seam of knowledge you do have and build your whole opinion around that & ignore anything which challenges it. Liverpool were hammered 7 - 2 by Aston Villa while defending their own title in 2020, its football, it happens, its not definitive of anything other than that one game. Man United lost 7 - 0 to Liverpool last season. So what is your point ?

Kelleher has played fu ck all

I think this may well be English club loyalties informing ( badly ) an opinion on a player in an Irish national team forum, which is absolutely tragic to be honest. But to do it in defence of a manager slated by his detractors for never having managed at a high level, by calling the Championship a pub league & all the while trotting around in a Rovers avatar & expect to be taken seriously is hilarious man.

Now answer me, why is it a pub league ?
    ( & because you like to think to isn't a valid answer )
    He left Rovers as soon as he could years ago, to sign for a club with no intention of playing him. Sounds familiar.

If you're not playing at the top level, you're not good enough for international football imo. That shows in the results we get, against the best in the world. This is the worst Irish team in living memory, and he's conceded every single goal that has gone in, during the current campaign. Another 2 goals tonight. A goalkeeper who concedes 2 goals per game every game for us, has to have questions asked of him, not given a waiver because he plays for his club every week. Plenty of Irish players do play in those leagues, and they get questions asked of them after every Ireland game, he should be no different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    No goalkeeper could have stoppd either of those goals tonight. Absolutely no blame should be placed on Bazunu's shoulders.

There's an awful lot of Liverpool supporters in Ireland.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    First goal was certainly unstoppable for most keepers. Second one was such a shambles it is very harsh to blame bazunu. I am a Liverpool fan..

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    He left Rovers as soon as he could years ago, to sign for a club with no intention of playing him. Sounds familiar.

If you're not playing at the top level, you're not good enough for international football imo. That shows in the results we get, against the best in the world. This is the worst Irish team in living memory, and he's conceded every single goal that has gone in, during the current campaign. Another 2 goals tonight. A goalkeeper who concedes 2 goals per game every game for us, has to have questions asked of him, not given a waiver because he plays for his club every week. Plenty of Irish players do play in those leagues, and they get questions asked of them after every Ireland game, he should be no different.
    I will take from this that you are unable to reply to points raised in my post, most likely through being unable to understand it, leading to this tangential meandering irrelevance which took you a week to come up with above ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    606 Posts
    Bit harsh to blame Gav for the second but I bet if you asked him he feels he could have saved it. Gets his leg across from close range, just a few milliseconds late. Collins playing offside is the real issue. That and the jammyness of the pass…

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    No goalkeeper could have stoppd either of those goals tonight. Absolutely no blame should be placed on Bazunu's shoulders.

There's an awful lot of Liverpool supporters in Ireland.
    And they are invariably full of horse manure

Any time I have seen Kelliher play for Ireland, I've been unconvinced by him.. he never seems to be talking to his defenders, never seems to be commanding his area, and frankly he seems slow

He's 25 now, and nowhere near becoming a "top level" keeper in my opinion. Frankly, if Bazunu lost his place, which I hope he doesn't, I'd have Travers in before Kelliher

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts
    Why don't you drop Klopp a line and put him right. He's obviously deeply misguided and in need of your superior knowledge of Kelleher's ability, but maybe he's full of horse manure as well.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Klopp backed Karius at one point as I've said before.

I don't think Kelleher has done badly for Ireland but the fact that he plays for Liverpool and has a manager who talks him up a bit doesn't mean much to me at all.

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Kelleher needs to move and until he does we won't know what he can do. The problem is that he is contracted to Liverpool until 2026 and I can't see anyone playing £20m for him with such a limited CV.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke
    I will take from this that you are unable to reply to points raised in my post, most likely through being unable to understand it, leading to this tangential meandering irrelevance which took you a week to come up with above ?
    You didn't answer how much regular football do you need to have, to play twice a month for Ireland? I assume not a lot then.

For all the benefits of his regular football, Bazunu still gets serious doses of the butterfingers. In the last game, it created a goalmouth scramble in the first half, which another one of the overworked and overwhelmed defenders had to go and clean up.

Still at least he can go back to Portugal tonight, and face what is in international terms, a pub side. And if it's Roy Chippolina rather than Ronaldo on penalty duty, no better man to face him....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Starts tonight against Toulouse.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Abysmal goalkeeping for the equaliser. Couldn't have made it any easier for the Toulouse boy. Reversing onto his line in a 1v1 and then shrinking into a postage stamp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Nearly handed them a second there with a poor kick,not impressive at all….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    587 Posts
    Sounds like Kelleher needs to have played a lot more games over the last few years !

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Nightmare for Kelleher. We all want to see him do well, but from what I watched today, he's not a Premier League goalkeeper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    Reached 25 appearances against Toulouse. Finally has more senior appearances than his age(24)

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottle of Tonic View Post
    Abysmal goalkeeping for the equaliser. Couldn't have made it any easier for the Toulouse boy. Reversing onto his line in a 1v1 and then shrinking into a postage stamp.
    thouhht he could have made himself bigger alright maybe could have covered the angle better too. no really issue with him staying put on his line, its what all the best do including alisson.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottle of Tonic View Post
    “Abysmal” is harsh I think. I’ve only seen it once though, on a mobile phone, but to me it looked hard and low, and not far wide of his feet which is harder to save than if it was further wide of him. Good finish I’d say.

The error with the distribution was bad, no doubt. How did the Toulouse guy miss?

Twitter wasn’t kind about him at all.

Twitter was raving about Bazunu on Wednesday up to half time, then very critical, then confused. One wag quipped “at least with Bazunu you’re guaranteed goals at both ends”!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    How did the Toulouse guy miss?
    That's as bad a miss as I've seen since the infamous Ronny Rosenthal miss I think.

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    924 Posts
    This is what Ive been saying about Kelleher. Liverpool fans love him because hes a decent back up, but when you play so few games all it takes is a couple of bad games for the rest of the world to think hes not that good or mistake prone, and all of a sudden his options get a lot less.

Even David De Gea is struggling to find a club now, I know circumstances are different and hes probably looking for wages that are too high, but it shows how quickly options for a goalkeeper can dry up with a couple of negative issues. Kelleher should have left after the cup final when his stock was at his highest for a back up keeper. A couple more dodgy games now and he could find himself being a career backup
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Page 63 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast