Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1620

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...on-summer.html

Liverpool seeking a replacement for Kelleher….

Be interesting to see where he ends up now,someone like Leicester could be a good option ….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Brentford will likely need to replace David Raya and they also strike me as someone that would take a punt on Kelleher. Think the Palace number one is about 36 and out of contract in the summer but has a year option. Someone like that could also see him as a long term number one.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...on-summer.html

Liverpool seeking a replacement for Kelleher….

Be interesting to see where he ends up now,someone like Leicester could be a good option ….
    They over paid Liverpool for Danny Ward already. Imagine what Liverpool would ask for for Kelleher..

He won't be short of offers anyway. Top flight in the big 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I can't see a top flight club taking a punt on a completely unproven reserve goalkeeper as their number 1. Maybe a promoted club? Other than that I think he'll have to go down a level or go continental if he wants to be a guaranteed starter.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Villa were mentioned to me a while back by someone because they'll probably sell Martinez. I think that would be by far the best case scenario for Kelleher, but it might be a stretch. I don't rate him as highly as some others on here but I am very curious to see where he ends up and how he will do playing week in week out. I have a suspicion he might break down injured a fair bit with the intensity of regular football. It's purely speculation but he has a thin frame and already gets injured more than you'd like.

He has been fairly high profile in big cup games for Liverpool so there is a chance of a big club like Villa. It'll be an interesting summer

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Villa were mentioned to me a while back by someone because they'll probably sell Martinez. I think that would be by far the best case scenario for Kelleher, but it might be a stretch. I don't rate him as highly as some others on here but I am very curious to see where he ends up and how he will do playing week in week out. I have a suspicion he might break down injured a fair bit with the intensity of regular football. It's purely speculation but he has a thin frame and already gets injured more than you'd like.

He has been fairly high profile in big cup games for Liverpool so there is a chance of a big club like Villa. It'll be an interesting summer
    Spurs are the other club I've seen mentioned as Lloris is 36 and Forster 35 so they'll certainly be looking for a new keeper. Really depends on who they get in as manager though I'd say.

The inner jury is very much still out on Kelleher. Liverpool fans were convinced Danny Ward was brilliant and only didn't get in because Allison was so amazing. We simply haven't seen enough of Kelleher to make an informed judgement - something which will affect his fee.
    Last edited by zero; 05/04/2023 at 5:17 PM.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Sorry I don't recall Liverpool fans ever waxing lyrical about Ward unless you can direct me to the evidence. It's weird but there is a very sharp discrepancy of views between LFC fans and a particular faction on this site with respect to Kelleher. Still struggling to understand why but I guess until he is performing well regularly at a PL level, some people will remain sceptical.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Liverpool fans were convinced Danny Ward was brilliant and only didn't get in because Allison was so amazing.
    Ward and Alisson didn't overlap.

Ward was third choice behind Karius and Mignolet. The summer they signed Alisson, they sold Ward to Leicester. Ward never even progressed to second choice. Admittedly the difference between Mignolet, Karius and Ward wasn't that huge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    It's weird but there is a very sharp discrepancy of views between LFC fans and a particular faction on this site with respect to Kelleher. Still struggling to understand why ....
    Did a quick skim of a Liverpool forum about Kelleher, and there is broad agreement he needs to be playing to improve his lot as Alisson is firmly number 1. So, while there are complementary comments about Kelleher, there are more about him in the context of being a good back-up keeper for Alisson. And isn’t that the same as comments posted here? Complementary but acknowledgement he needs to be playing to be number 1.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    I think there is a difference. The predominant sentiment on LFC forums is that he needs (as in deserves) to be playing more regularly for the sake of his career. There’s generally an acknowledgment that he is a very capable keeper. I’d be surprised if you found much actual criticism of his performances. This is slightly different to the views of some on this forum. They may also say be needs to play more regularly but this is generally in a more critical context that questions his ability and his credentials as an international keeper, “Needs” in this context has a different and more critical emphasis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    kelleher will get a decent PL move. I think its too much of an obvious one for brentford , they arent the biggest of spenders. still think leicester will shell out for him as the new manager will badly need a "modern" gk who has ability with the ball at his feet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    kelleher will get a decent PL move. I think its too much of an obvious one for brentford , they arent the biggest of spenders. still think leicester will shell out for him as the new manager will badly need a "modern" gk who has ability with the ball at his feet.
    If Leicester stay up, they'll be looking for a proven PL goalkeeper. They aren't going to risk their status as a PL club on an unproven goalie.

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    You know what, reading this he'd probably fit in surprisingly well at Man Utd, who are having issues with just this problem - a manager who wants his keeper to be good playing the ball - and will probably need a new keeper soon. But that would never happen for a variety of reasons.

I think some people are over-estimating his chances of a top tier move here. Far more likely he'll go to a Championship team, unless he's willing to go further afield?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    You know what, reading this he'd probably fit in surprisingly well at Man Utd, who are having issues with just this problem - a manager who wants his keeper to be good playing the ball - and will probably need a new keeper soon. But that would never happen for a variety of reasons.

I think some people are over-estimating his chances of a top tier move here. Far more likely he'll go to a Championship team, unless he's willing to go further afield?
    He'd be better off going to the Championship ~ Where the pressure would not be so big, for a season at least.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    He'd be better off going to the Championship ~ Where the pressure would not be so big, for a season at least.
    Sorry seanfhear, I dont mean this as a dig at you here but this is something that drives me nuts. Top professionals in any industry dont shy away from pressure, big jobs come with a certain amount of pressure. It doesnt matter if its in business or sports, if you dont want any pressure then stay where its nice and comfortable, but dont expect to improve. We are seeing a lot of comments these days that we shouldnt be putting too much pressure on Evan Ferguson. Let him stay at Brighton for a few years etc. Top players want to play at the highest level possible. If Champions League clubs come in for Ferguson he would absolutely have to consider it. Staying at Brighton considering he is only 18 would still be fine of course, but if the big boys are offering massive money then how does he not move, given that you never know what happens in future with injuries etc.

Same with Kelleher here, he 24, his time of hiding from pressure should be long past. Fair enough if the best offer he gets is from the Championship then thats where he should go, but not as a way to keep the pressure down a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post

i dont think so. id prefer if he was playing obviously but i do think people are going a bit OTT with the criticism against him for being no2 and not playing. clubs have every angle covered these days they'll have enough of a read off kelleher now to judge how they'd think he'd fare out. a championship move would be a real step backwards for him tbh. hopefully leicester can stay up as i think they are a club who'll have a good scope to rebuild themselve back into being a top half-ish side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    waste of time. we've seen already the pressure doesnt faze him. there are questions around his shot stopping ability at the top level i would say but definitely not around his ability to deal with pressure.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    i dont think so. id prefer if he was playing obviously but i do think people are going a bit OTT with the criticism against him for being no2 and not playing. clubs have every angle covered these days they'll have enough of a read off kelleher now to judge how they'd think he'd fare out. a championship move would be a real step backwards for him tbh. hopefully leicester can stay up as i think they are a club who'll have a good scope to rebuild themselve back into being a top half-ish side.
    I've been a critic. It's probably more pronounced because we could use an experienced keeper. As much as I like Bazunu he's still a baby in GK terms and it would be nice if Kelleher has a season or two behind him.

A lot of the criticism of our various prospects is probably exaggerated out of pure desperation for them to kick on!
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    A lot of the criticism of our various prospects is probably exaggerated out of pure desperation for them to kick on!
    Sometimes it's a reaction to hype too. Blind optimism can be as annoying as the pessimism.

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Sorry seanfhear, I dont mean this as a dig at you here but this is something that drives me nuts. Top professionals in any industry dont shy away from pressure, big jobs come with a certain amount of pressure. It doesnt matter if its in business or sports, if you dont want any pressure then stay where its nice and comfortable, but dont expect to improve. We are seeing a lot of comments these days that we shouldnt be putting too much pressure on Evan Ferguson. Let him stay at Brighton for a few years etc. Top players want to play at the highest level possible. If Champions League clubs come in for Ferguson he would absolutely have to consider it. Staying at Brighton considering he is only 18 would still be fine of course, but if the big boys are offering massive money then how does he not move, given that you never know what happens in future with injuries etc.

Same with Kelleher here, he 24, his time of hiding from pressure should be long past. Fair enough if the best offer he gets is from the Championship then thats where he should go, but not as a way to keep the pressure down a bit.
    There's a good reason for that though. Franny Jeffers being famous prime example of why a big move at a young age can be a terrible idea. And there are many more.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

24. Thanks From:

Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast