Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1620

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Where did I say Klopp thinks Kelleher is elite. Said I doubt he has doubts about Kelleher because otherwise he wouldn't be the number two with his lack of experience at one of the best clubs the last few seasons. He's a good number two for Liverpool and could make it as a Premier League keeper but Alisson is the best keeper in the world.
    My question was rhetorical. It was obvious my opinion was Klopp should not sell Alisson, though I wouldn't label the idea idiotic. I'm in the camp that Kelleher (the 24-year-old kid) is unproven at regular EPL level. I believe that to be Klopp's view too.

In third policeman's post (#994), his Anfield Wrap contributor is relaxed with the "idiotic" selling-Alisson suggestion. I'm sure there are others too - those with lofty opinions of Kelleher, others with green-tinted bifocals. Or both.
    Last edited by Snapshot; 21/01/2023 at 2:45 AM. Reason: post quote stuff-up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    My question was rhetorical. It was obvious my opinion was Klopp should not sell Alisson, though I wouldn't label the idea idiotic. I'm in the camp that Kelleher (the 24-year-old kid) is unproven at regular EPL level. I believe that to be Klopp's view too.

In third policeman's post (#994), his Anfield Wrap contributor is relaxed with the "idiotic" selling-Alisson suggestion. I'm sure there are others too - those with lofty opinions of Kelleher, others with green-tinted bifocals. Or both.
    For the avoidance of doubt the Anfield Contributor isn’t wearing green-tinted bifocals, and I took the comment to be more a judgement on Kelleher’s performance and ability, than a considered contribution to a debate about LFC transfer policy. It was a counterpoint to the suggestion that LFC fans have ‘heart in mouth’ moments every time the ball is in close proximity to Kelleher.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Who cares about Liverpool supporters or any other club? What matters is the development of our players. Kelleher has received some top class coaching and would have learned a lot from Allison. I think it's time to move on in the summer but I wouldn't be over critical of the choice to stay at Liverpool up to this point. He may not have made a huge amount of appearances but he has gained some great experience and experiences in other ways. Bazunu and Kelleher will be battling for the Ireland number 1 jersey for the next 15 years!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Exception for Allison ~ Klopp does not have a great record with goalkeepers at Liverpool ~ I don’t know about Klopp’s goalkeeping record at Dortmund.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt the Anfield Contributor isn’t wearing green-tinted bifocals, and I took the comment to be more a judgement on Kelleher’s performance and ability, than a considered contribution to a debate about LFC transfer policy. It was a counterpoint to the suggestion that LFC fans have ‘heart in mouth’ moments every time the ball is in close proximity to Kelleher.
    I've taken out a full-page advertisement in the Liverpool Echo tomorrow with a grovelling mea culpa to the offended, the traumatised and those otherwise mentally dishevelled by my outrageous assertion that the kid Caoimhin is anything less than they believe him to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSHAKALAKA View Post
    Who cares about Liverpool supporters or any other club? What matters is the development of our players. Kelleher has received some top class coaching and would have learned a lot from Allison. I think it's time to move on in the summer but I wouldn't be over critical of the choice to stay at Liverpool up to this point. He may not have made a huge amount of appearances but he has gained some great experience and experiences in other ways. Bazunu and Kelleher will be battling for the Ireland number 1 jersey for the next 15 years!

spot on

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    We wouldn't like to see Allison get injured ( honestly ) but sometimes that's just the type of chance that a player needs.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Wasn't it Leno getting injured for Arsenal that changes the course of Emi Martinez's career? Martinez got a run in the team that led to his Villa move and everything else followed on from that.

Something niggly and hard to diagnose for Alisson would be good. But not just yet since the transfer window is still open.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I've taken out a full-page advertisement in the Liverpool Echo tomorrow with a grovelling mea culpa to the offended, the traumatised and those otherwise mentally dishevelled by my outrageous assertion that the kid Caoimhin is anything less than they believe him to be.
    Did you ever see the Father Ted episode with the sarcastic priest, and where he ended up? Let that me a warning to you,

11. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    If Post of the Month was still going, it'd be over

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Snapshot, that was a na gCopaleen-esque artwork of a response to Third Policeman. Between the two of you, I think foot.ie may be entering a literary singularity worthy of The Brother's brother himself.

Kelleher needs more regular rough and tumble. He's protected by his number 2 status and further protected by the high standard of the players in front of him. Is he some fragile golden child? Or the real deal? Impossible to say. Bazunu is in front of him for the keeper's slot in my mind - my only doubt being that maybe international football doesn't have as much rough and tumble so that aspect may be moot.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    | Liverpool could look to sell Caoimhin Kelleher to free up funds to use in the transfer market. [@JamesPearceLFC
    ]

he'll be out in the summer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Everything I’ve read on it sounds like it’s a Liverpool decision v a CK decision too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    NEW: Caoimhin Kelleher is a contender to leave Liverpool due to his desire to play more regularly and the fact that there are not many avenues to raise significant amounts of money from selling players on the fringes of the squad. #lfc [james pearce - the athletic]

Yep sounds like its something that both parties could want come june.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    "Contender to leave" makes it sound like it's some kind of competition to get out. I know they're having a bad season but they're not Everton.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    If he does go up for sale ~ It will be very interesting to see how much the market will value, a relatively in-experienced goalkeeper at ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Danny Ward moved to Leicester after 2 Liverpool league appearences and 4 Wales caps. He cost £12.5mil. Caoimhin is almost exactly the same age as him, less experienced but probably higher rated.

I reckon his market caps at £15mil. Most of the people here saying £25-£30mil probably laughed at Ward's price and they're pretty much a like-for-like comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    Danny Ward moved to Leicester after 2 Liverpool league appearences and 4 Wales caps. He cost £12.5mil. Caoimhin is almost exactly the same age as him, less experienced but probably higher rated.

I reckon his market caps at £15mil. Most of the people here saying £25-£30mil probably laughed at Ward's price and they're pretty much a like-for-like comparison.
    15+addons seems reasonable to me also cant see liverpool selling for anything less than they got for ward (who has proven to be absolutely terrible since leaving) as they are looking to fund transfers in summer

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Angus Gunn (£13.5m from Man City to Southampton in 2018 - 22 and one season on loan at Norwich) is another one in that region. (And he didn't work out either of course...)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Gunn and Ward both had full season loan before they were sold, unlike Kelleher. Very hard to think of another example like him, someone who is as old as he is, as highly rated as he appears to be, but has played so little football at the same time.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

24. Thanks From:

Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast