Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 50 of 81 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1603

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Why would pool turf out the best gk in the world for CK? some nonsense god almighty. as for looking for a loan this summer, it doesnt really benefit liverpool at this point so it looks like a non runner. selling is the only option imo. the pl market will be open enough for a first choice gks this summer, he'll garner plenty of interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I read (@indykaila on twitter so probably based on nothing whatsoever) that Liverpool say he can leave if his £25-30m valuation is met.

The frustrating thing is we still can't take a proper view on just how good he is. Well I can't anyway. His best bits have been really good (Hungary friendly, League Cup Final...), some less impressive bits - normal in a goalkeeper -, but what's he like week in / week out?
    That tweet is where a lot of the speculation started from. It got picked up by a few of the ireland fan accounts, and some of them have deleted their posts since then
    That says a lot, IMO
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    At what age will 24-year-old Kelleher not be a kid?
    Kid, rookie, inexperienced, call it what you want but the lad has less games played for Liverpool than Gavin Bazunu has for Southampton.

But it could be in Liverpool's best interest to sell the best keeper in the world to make Kelleher their new number one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    £30mil would make Kelleher the 7th most expensive keeper of all time. They're not getting that much.

Ramsdale moved to Arsenal for €28mil. He's the same age, is English and played almost 10 times the amount of Premier League games than Kelleher by the time he turned 22.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Can only see Liverpool selling him at this point,I follow Liverpool and Allison has been their best player this season,CK isn’t going to displace him but is good enough to start elsewhere for me,the club will be looking to raise funds this summer for the midfield so hopefully he’ll get a good move to a club where he’ll start regularly….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    £30mil would make Kelleher the 7th most expensive keeper of all time. They're not getting that much.

Ramsdale moved to Arsenal for €28mil. He's the same age, is English and played almost 10 times the amount of Premier League games than Kelleher by the time he turned 22.
    This post is a dose of realism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    CK will go for 15-20 mil. 4 or 5 pl clubs will need no1 in the summer + is HG status is valuable. Ramsdale would have went for double if Sheff U stayed up, they had little to no leverage as a championship club.
    Last edited by Jd2793; 20/01/2023 at 1:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    They'll do well to get £10-15m for a largely inexperienced and untested goalkeeper, at any level. 20 senior appearances for a 24 year old is abysmal.

He's a good goalkeeper, but will rue not having got a loan spell somewhere.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    They'll do well to get £10-15m for a largely inexperienced and untested goalkeeper, at any level. 20 senior appearances for a 24 year old is abysmal.

He's a good goalkeeper, but will rue not having got a loan spell somewhere.
    id say he rues not going out to mk dons or plymouth instead of deputising for the best keeper in the world + being a part of one of the best clubs teams of the past 5 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    id say he rues not going out to mk dons or plymouth instead of deputising for the best keeper in the world + being a part of one of the best clubs teams of the past 5 years.
    Does that give him more appearances?

If he'd gone out earlier he'd have had more of a chance of being a number one elsewhere, and being Ireland number one, as the current Ireland number one has done.

Rather than being backup to one of the best goalkeepers in the world at one of the best clubs in the world, he decided he actually wants to play football. Funny that.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

14. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Sell one of if not the best keeper in the world to play a kid with 20 senior appearances for Liverpool? Don't think Klopp has doubts it's just he knows it would be an idiotic thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Kid, rookie, inexperienced, call it what you want but the lad has less games played for Liverpool than Gavin Bazunu has for Southampton.

But it could be in Liverpool's best interest to sell the best keeper in the world to make Kelleher their new number one.
    Yes, if Klopp considered Kelleher elite as you indicated he does. My opinion is irrelevant but if you're dying to know - I wouldn't pay a penny beyond £8 million (pre add-ons). He's unproven on a week-to-week EPL basis. I have watched a few games with hardcore Liverpool fans and it's hearts-in-mouths time any time the ball is near Kelleher. It's called Karius Syndrome. But then again I wouldn't have paid circa £15m for Bazunu either - and most Southampton fans, from what I gather on forums, would agree with me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    CK will go for 15-20 mil. 4 or 5 pl clubs will need no1 in the summer + is HG status is valuable. Ramsdale would have went for double if Sheff U stayed up, they had little to no leverage as a championship club.
    If Ramsdale had moved for double he would have been the 3rd most expensive goalkeeper of all time. His fee was fair, if not a bit excessive. Keepers don't typically move for massive money unless they're young and already proven at a high level.

Some Irish fans need to get a grip with Caoimhin. He's completely unproven and untested. Premier League teams don't care if he's fetched the balls for Alisson for the past 5 years or if he's won a handful of medals, mainly from the bench. He's played 30 mens competetive football matches and he'll turn 25 before the year is out. The majority of those matches were with a Liverpool team who are world class, play a high defensive line and don't get pressed high. There is 0 guarantee he will kick on with another club and prove his potential.

We have no idea how good he is or how good he will be but his career stagnation is approaching critical level. Ramsdale is an interesting parallel to both our keepers. His career path has almost matched Bazunu's to a tee so far but is the same age as Kelleher. At 20 Ramsdale was on loan at AFC Wimbledon then played 37 Premier League games the next year. He spent 2 years at Premier League strugglers taking his lumps before getting a big move.
    Last edited by ColourfulPeanut; 20/01/2023 at 5:06 PM.

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Yes, if Klopp considered Kelleher elite as you indicated he does. My opinion is irrelevant but if you're dying to know - I wouldn't pay a penny beyond £8 million (pre add-ons). He's unproven on a week-to-week EPL basis. I have watched a few games with hardcore Liverpool fans and it's hearts-in-mouths time any time the ball is near Kelleher. It's called Karius Syndrome. But then again I wouldn't have paid circa £15m for Bazunu either - and most Southampton fans, from what I gather on forums, would agree with me.
    Where did I say Klopp thinks Kelleher is elite. Said I doubt he has doubts about Kelleher because otherwise he wouldn't be the number two with his lack of experience at one of the best clubs the last few seasons. He's a good number two for Liverpool and could make it as a Premier League keeper but Alisson is the best keeper in the world.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Sorry but as a Liverpool fan I’m not hearing anybody making heart in the mouth comments. I was talking today to a contributor to The Anfield Wrap who seriously entertained the option of selling Allison, as he’s that impressed with Kelleher. Actually focussed on his calmness and confidence taking the high ball between two Wolves defenders in the week. The Karius comment is something I’ve simply not heard from anyone and is actually borderline ludicrous.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Bit of balance needed here maybe? I've been in favour of Kelleher moving for game time for a long while now but he isn't completely untested. He hasn't been put through the ringer yet like Bazunu has but he's played in some competitive games and done well. Completely fair to say he's been behind a strong team that doesn't cough up the amount of chances he will face with Ireland but there's merit in him playing with good players and learning how to operate with proper trust just as there's problems with Bazunu playing with poor players in front of him. There's also value in Bazunu facing all these randomly coughed up chances but you need confidence and it's hard to develop that if you're under fire from all angles. Not speaking as a goalkeeper or a coach of course. Just what I would think.

At the moment, I think Kelleher should play one of the upcoming friendlies, preferably the France one so he gets tested. Bazunu is going through a ropey patch right now so it's absolutely fine to look at our best other option. If Kelleher does well it would also possibly help him get the move he needs. Having the two lads properly fighting for the Irish jersey would be great. I question Kelleher's ambition a little bit but he's making the right sounds now about a move at least. It's definitely time at this point. I don't think anyone disagrees there.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    The only friendly we have coming up is Latvia, just before France (that's not a friendly, it's a Euro qualifier). I don't mind Kelleher starting it and Bazunu take the French game, but at the same time perhaps Kenny will treat it as a warm up so Bazunu can build chemistry ahead of the competitive game that comes only a few days later.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

22. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    The France game isn't a friendly! Although I think we're on a hiding to nothing in that one anyway, so maybe it may as well be a friendly.

I'd have Kelleher as our number 1 at present fwiw. I think he's done well enough in enough big games to show he's Premier Division quality (even if that's just mid-table, and Stutts' comments about how he fares week-in-week-out are valid of course). I don't think Bazunu is there yet, as this season is showing (and I'm counting the Armenia game in that too)
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 20/01/2023 at 7:47 PM.

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Thanks for the correction. Not sure how I thought it was a friendly. One friendly leading into to a major tournament just seems strange.

In that case......I've no idea what I'd do. Whoever plays against Latvia should play against France for continuity so I'd stick with Bazunu most likely but he looks shook at the moment.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The France game isn't a friendly! Although I think we're on a hiding to nothing in that one anyway, so maybe it may as well be a friendly.

I'd have Kelleher as our number 1 at present fwiw. I think he's done well enough in enough big games to show he's Premier Division quality (even if that's just mid-table, and Stutts' comments about how he fares week-in-week-out are valid of course). I don't think Bazunu is there yet, as this season is showing (and I'm counting the Armenia game in that too)
    I'll level with you stu - there's been drink involved here.

I've always thought the same as the bit in bold but there's an argument that says he doesn't need to do it week in week out for Ireland as well I suppose. He seems capable when called upon. I'd just like to see him play more so he achieves his highest potential.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Cheer up, yous still have a chance at finishing 5th

28. Thanks From:

Page 50 of 81 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast