Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88
    Not with people like you around. Lacking any objectivity or good faith. This thread stopped being a serious discussion a long time ago, almost exclusively down to you.
    No it isn't. I've just sat through post after post commenting about Kelleher's appearance and all the replies to them. I had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

As I said, this isn't a place for objectivity. This is a football forum for football fans to talk about footballers playing football. That's what I'm doing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I like the 3 keepers but Sean McDermott is better in my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Mods, do your job before this deteriorates any further please.
    There are two infracted posts on the same page as yours. Please report posts that violate the forum rules; they get discussed in the mod subforum.

Meanwhile, please don't discuss bad posts - just report them - as it drives the discussion further off topic.

4. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    As I said, this isn't a place for objectivity. This is a football forum for football fans to talk about footballers playing football. That's what I'm doing.
    True, but you're probably unique in that you attempt to talk about footballers playing football without actually observing any footballers playing football.

6. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    We in Southamerica are old school about football, that means we like rough looking players in certain positions. Happens everywhere actually the trash talk, the KIRICOCHO myth for bad luck. This isnt a joke. For instance, England had a tough defender named Butcher, he was a nasty dirty player. It is the psicological path of football in our zone. Check Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay they are warriors at the back. This point of view comes from the underage teams. Is not just a coincidence that Messi made the grade in football in Barcelona after being rejected by at least 10 important teams. If Messi was made we owe it to luck, his mother and dad and Messi but he is not there because of Argentina system, at the time he was considered too nice, too fragile, too middle class to be a footballer. We are still having players because of the competition in underage levels but not for structure.

I am gonna give you an old true situación 40 years ago in Japan about wc winner Cesar Menotti and the underage team vs Germany in wc under20 with Maradona in Japan in 1979

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, and are often highlighted by the result of a game. Bazunu's kept clean sheets in five of his last eight games. Can you provide evidence of what led to the goals in the other three?
    20,000 posts. Nice milestone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    The gish of Biesla’s posts about presence have merit; Kelleher doesn’t “fill out” the goals as well as Bazunu and Travers. That however wouldn’t be the main concern with Kelleher for me, I think he has difficulties dealing with balls above shoulder height and especially balls that are moving across his body. As good as he was against Chelsea, yesterday was disappointing as it wasn’t a performance to challenge Allison’s status as first choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    I like the 3 keepers but Sean McDermott is better in my opinion
    No. Simply put. He's really not.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    The gish of Biesla’s posts about presence have merit; Kelleher doesn’t “fill out” the goals as well as Bazunu and Travers. That however wouldn’t be the main concern with Kelleher for me, I think he has difficulties dealing with balls above shoulder height and especially balls that are moving across his body. As good as he was against Chelsea, yesterday was disappointing as it wasn’t a performance to challenge Allison’s status as first choice.
    Kelleher looks bigger that Bazuna to me ~ ~ Ok, he could Schmeichel out (fill out ) a bit. Jeez when ya look back Schmeichel used to get away with a fair bit of physical like intimidation back in the day ~ entertaining though ~ would ya get away with that stuff today ?

Remember that German Terminator looking fella as well ~ ~ I always thought there was the odd mistake in him and yeah he did do the odd big mistake which the media never made that much about because they like having a Terminator in Goal ~ Who would’t ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    No it isn't. I've just sat through post after post commenting about Kelleher's appearance and all the replies to them. I had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

In case you missed this, you have until Wednesday to respond
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    He's played 3 of the last 4 Liverpool first team games, and impressed to such an extent, that they're now nitpicking over mistakes "nearly" made.

He got the ball, slipped, and still cleared it away. No massive issue to talk about. Compare him to his rival at Portsmouth, who when he loses possession, it's in the net. Proper mistakes that lose his team matches. Such are the "benefits" of playing every week.
    Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, and are often highlighted by the result of a game. Bazunu's kept clean sheets in five of his last eight games. Can you provide evidence of what led to the goals in the other three?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Kelleher looks bigger that Bazuna to me ~ ~
    Would guess Kelleher is taller than Bazunu but has a slighter frame.

Remember that German Terminator looking fella as well
    Oliver Kahn? :-)

~ ~ I always thought there was the odd mistake in him and yeah he did do the odd big mistake which the media never made that much about because they like having a Terminator in Goal ~ Who would’t ?
    Every goalkeeper makes mistakes here and there. But when you are established and have a catalogue of good saves behind you, you can get away with these mistakes and call them once off mishaps. Kelleher doesn’t have that standing yet and hence the current scrutiny/ nit-picking of everything he does. From an Irish perspective, it would be preferable for Kelleher to play week in, week out. If he is going to do that at Liverpool, he’ll need to produce near faultless performances when given the chance to challenge Allison standing as first choice. He didn’t do that yesterday.

15. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    My online research reveals that Bazunu (note correct spellling) is 1cm taller (189 vs 188 cm), but then again Christy Pym had various different heights attributed to him online.

Bazunu looks like he's of a bigger build. He's got really big shoulders on him.

Context was "filling the goal" though. Bazunu has made some big 1-on-1 saves for us. Travers made a good one in Belgrade. I haven't really seen what Kelleher is capable of here. The goal he conceded at Chelsea was in a situation that very much favoured the attacker.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Just on that Chelsea goal, and not saying he should be doing better, but his stance is narrow - knees locked together, hands low down - giving the attacker more of the goals to shoot at. I think Bazunu and Travers would have a different body shape, fill out the goals more :-), in the same situation.

Edit. Bazunu had a somewhat similar one on one situation to Kelleher in the home game against Azerbaijan to stop them going 2 up. Bazunu makes himself bigger compared to Kelleher - his legs are spread (save ultimately made with his foot) and his anticipation stance is more bulked.
    Last edited by ifk101; 10/01/2022 at 1:00 PM.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979
    In case you missed this, you have until Wednesday to respond
    In case you missed this, it's his games against Rotherham and Ipswich I'm referring to.

https://foot.ie/threads/250288-Caoim...=1#post2098756

Anyone who saw the errors he made in those games, would have to question why he's playing for Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by ifk101
    Just on that Chelsea goal, and not saying he should be doing better, but his stance is narrow - knees locked together, hands low down - giving the attacker more of the goals to shoot at.
    If Kelleher races out of the goal, he gets lobbed. If he doesn't lock his knees, the shot goes through his legs. Either way, it's still a goal. It was a quality goal by a quality player at the highest level of club football in England. There was little Kelleher could have done to prevent it, so other more experienced teammates were largely held responsible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    It was a quality goal by a quality player at the highest level of club football in England.
    Indeed, the Lebron James of soccer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    In case you missed this, it's his games against Rotherham and Ipswich I'm referring to.

Anyone who saw the errors he made in those games, would have to question why he's playing for Ireland.

If Kelleher races out of the goal, he gets lobbed. If he doesn't lock his knees, the shot goes through his legs. Either way, it's still a goal. It was a quality goal by a quality player at the highest level of club football in England. There was little Kelleher could have done to prevent it, so other more experienced teammates were largely held responsible.
    We all did. Most of us said he was at risk of being dropped for club and country level if he didn't bounce back quickly and raise his game. A quick glance over any of the multiple threads we have on both players would show you that. Since then he's been superb and leads the division in clean sheets having only played 21 of the 24 games so far so the questions we were asking have been answered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts

Those two games were in October, he's played 13 games since then (2 for Ireland, 11 for Portsmouth), keeping nine clean sheets (v Bolton, Harrow, Lincoln, Gillingham, Sheffield Wednesday, Morecambe, and Cambridge for Portsmouth, V Portugal and Luxembourg for Ireland), and hasn't conceded more than once in a game since Accrington scored twice on Saturday, 23rd October.

Anyone who's watched him since then would say he's improved since those two games against Rotherham and Ipswich in October.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 10/01/2022 at 5:34 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    For the last time Kelleher should have gone al over Pulisic since he was looking down a bounce ...there you stomp on him like Chilavert

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    It was not a mistake...but Kelleher gave this fella a chance of a choice....go all over him dude!!

Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast