Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1030

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

  1. #821
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,797
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    824
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,496
    Thanked in
    1,027 Posts
    It's great to hear all of the Sky Sports panel praising Kelleher for his overall performance. Provides a nice balance to some Irish supporters here saying he should have saved shots taken by players with extra time on their hands and in better positions due to being, y'know, offside.

  2. #822
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,169
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    552
    Thanked in
    417 Posts
    Any link to his peno?
    Thanks

  3. #823
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    405
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    So Bazunu in nets and Kelleher/Travers up front next month, yeah?
    Last man back.

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #824
    Reserves Jd2793's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    767
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    conceded 14 goals , shocking.

  6. #825
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    88
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    785
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Only 13 in fairness!

    Delighted for him, but if it came down to penalties in a playoff game or at a finals tournament, of the three young keepers he's probably the one I'd least want to see in goal for the shootout.

  7. #826
    Reserves Jd2793's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    767
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    penalty shootouts at the top level have been going far beyond the usual 5/6 since they added var to check keepers staying on the line. i wonder will there be adjustments to penalty shootouts down the line as its hard to see those at the real elite level get worse at them.

  8. #827
    Reserves Jd2793's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    767
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    anyway great moment for kelleher, pretty decent 120 mins and a winning pen to boot. His choice to stay put and be no.2 at one of the best clubs on the planet vindicated.

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #828
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    88
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    785
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Yes, but is he reaching the limit of what he can do at Liverpool at this point? Might get a league winners medal this season. But Liverpool think they have the best keeper in the world in Alisson (not sure that's actually true). After tonight and if he wins the league, maybe that's the right time to move on?

  11. Thanks From:


  12. #829
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,492
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    839
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    578
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Yes, but is he reaching the limit of what he can do at Liverpool at this point? Might get a league winners medal this season. But Liverpool think they have the best keeper in the world in Alisson (not sure that's actually true). After tonight and if he wins the league, maybe that's the right time to move on?
    Hi has 4 more years on his contract so hopefully liverpool can agree to a 2 season long loan for him this summer and make a decision in summer 2024 to maybe cash in on him or bring him back as number 1 which I think is unlikely as allison will only be going on 32 . I certainly don't think he will be at Liverpool next season

  13. #830
    Reserves Jd2793's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    767
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Hi has 4 more years on his contract so hopefully liverpool can agree to a 2 season long loan for him this summer and make a decision in summer 2024 to maybe cash in on him or bring him back as number 1 which I think is unlikely as allison will only be going on 32 . I certainly don't think he will be at Liverpool next season
    i dont see them loaning him out, hes gone beyond that stage after nailing down no2 spot imo. liverpool selling him when his exploits are still fresh in peoples minds wouldnt surprise me though summer transfer for 20mil maybe? if not i see him staying as no2 next season tbh and then a transfer out in 2023. id be in no rush if i was him either way.

  14. #831
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    405
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    anyway great moment for kelleher, pretty decent 120 mins and a winning pen to boot. His choice to stay put and be no.2 at one of the best clubs on the planet vindicated.
    Not completely sure winning the haribo cup changes his situation or vindicates much at all. Adds a bit more weight to the argument he should be looking for a number 1 spot if anything. Are you saying he will leapfrog Allison or take the Irish jersey off the back off today?

    Either way it's great to see him win something and have the balls to stick the peno away. Delighted for him.

  15. Thanks From:


  16. #832
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,797
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    824
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,496
    Thanked in
    1,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    i dont see them loaning him out, hes gone beyond that stage after nailing down no2 spot imo. liverpool selling him when his exploits are still fresh in peoples minds wouldnt surprise me though summer transfer for 20mil maybe? if not i see him staying as no2 next season tbh and then a transfer out in 2023. id be in no rush if i was him either way.
    They probably would get something close to that for him. They took Leicester for 12.5m for Danny Ward a few years ago. Kelleher has been given the opportunities to show much more at Liverpool.

  17. #833
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,733
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,500
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    657
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Surely even Liverpool will want him playing more games over the next year or two ? So if he is not playing those games for Liverpool then surely going out on loan has to be high on the agenda.

  18. #834
    Reserves Jd2793's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    767
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Not completely sure winning the haribo cup changes his situation or vindicates much at all. Adds a bit more weight to the argument he should be looking for a number 1 spot if anything. Are you saying he will leapfrog Allison or take the Irish jersey off the back off today?

    Either way it's great to see him win something and have the balls to stick the peno away. Delighted for him.
    haribo cup? id suggest you grow up

    im saying it vindicates his decision to stay on as no2 and be a part of one of the best clubs sides of the last decade. its an invaluable experience that people are seemingly not comfortable coming to terms with. the urge people have for him to go out and play games in champ or league 1 just because bazunu is doing it is strange, all players take different paths. liverpool have clearly been excellent with him upto this point, theres no reason for him to believe they arent looking out for him now by keeping him as no2 (which he has long cemented) by not letting him leave on loan.

  19. #835
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,492
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    839
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    578
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    i dont see them loaning him out, hes gone beyond that stage after nailing down no2 spot imo. liverpool selling him when his exploits are still fresh in peoples minds wouldnt surprise me though summer transfer for 20mil maybe? if not i see him staying as no2 next season tbh and then a transfer out in 2023. id be in no rush if i was him either way.
    2 years of first choice football hopefully with european football as well gives a chance to maximise his value for Liverpool and gives them more time to decide if he might be a first choice for Liverpool in time. There are not many keeper s with kellehers ability around so I can't see them eating him go for 20 million when he looks so comfortable when he plays for Liverpool

  20. #836
    Reserves Jd2793's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    767
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    104
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Surely even Liverpool will want him playing more games over the next year or two ? So if he is not playing those games for Liverpool then surely going out on loan has to be high on the agenda.
    i dont think they are worried about lack of games, if they were he wouldnt be no2 imo

  21. #837
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    405
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    haribo cup? id suggest you grow up

    im saying it vindicates his decision to stay on as no2 and be a part of one of the best clubs sides of the last decade. its an invaluable experience that people are seemingly not comfortable coming to terms with. the urge people have for him to go out and play games in champ or league 1 just because bazunu is doing it is strange, all players take different paths. liverpool have clearly been excellent with him upto this point, theres no reason for him to believe they arent looking out for him now by keeping him as no2 (which he has long cemented) by not letting him leave on loan.
    Yowza. I just played 90 mins of football and feel every bit the age I am thanks very much. Nice day for the lad and I'm sure Liverpool fans will celebrate it but let's not get carried away. It's a cup you like to win but aren't too disappointed if you go out. Not taking away from Kelleher, but I'm not sure I agree that it vindicates anything.

    Why do you think people only think Kelleher should find a number 1 spot because Bazunu is? It's fairly common in football circles to think playing games on a regular basis is good for your development. If Bazunu wasn't in the picture I'd still think Kelleher would be better off taking the number 1 spot elsewhere. I see why Liverpool fans think that's the be all and end all tho. If he was number 2 at shamrock rovers I'd probably want him to stay there too.....

    I do like the idea that Kellehers path actually suits him better as I've said before in response to a few of the more interesting posts on here about his situation. Hopefully it eventually gets him a starting spot.
    Last edited by ontheotherhand; 27/02/2022 at 9:52 PM.

  22. #838
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,395
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    691
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Possibly 4th choice.
    Let’s be honest. He’s behind Bazunu and Travers and O’Leary is tearing up the championship along with Bonham. Then there’s Lawlor getting rave reviews, along with Talbot who’s probably the best irish keeper in LOI. Not to mention McDermott over in Norway who’s deadly. And then there’s 50 cap Randolph who’s experience is unparalleled. So we’re already down to 9th there and we haven’t even touched Christy Pym or Premier League back up and experienced international Rob Elliott

  23. Thanks From:


  24. #839
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    405
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Let’s be honest. He’s behind Bazunu and Travers and O’Leary is tearing up the championship along with Bonham. Then there’s Lawlor getting rave reviews, along with Talbot who’s probably the best irish keeper in LOI. Not to mention McDermott over in Norway who’s deadly. And then there’s 50 cap Randolph who’s experience is unparalleled. So we’re already down to 9th there and we haven’t even touched Christy Pym or Premier League back up and experienced international Rob Elliott
    Could we play a team of keepers?

  25. #840
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,733
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,500
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    657
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Let’s be honest. He’s behind Bazunu and Travers and O’Leary is tearing up the championship along with Bonham. Then there’s Lawlor getting rave reviews, along with Talbot who’s probably the best irish keeper in LOI. Not to mention McDermott over in Norway who’s deadly. And then there’s 50 cap Randolph who’s experience is unparalleled. So we’re already down to 9th there and we haven’t even touched Christy Pym or Premier League back up and experienced international Rob Elliott
    That retired Mayo goalkeeper is probably still fairly good as well.

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17/12/2019, 11:10 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29/10/2019, 11:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29/10/2019, 2:20 PM
  4. RTE: Caoimhin Kelleher handed senior Liverpool debut
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25/09/2019, 7:10 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06/07/2019, 6:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •