Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TONIGHT'S games 25th OCT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Don’t worry lads, all these hardcore Shels fans will be along in a second to answer all the questions that haven’t been answered over the last couple of days.

Any second now.

They’ll be here.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Oh there isnt any worry on my behalf for Bohs or Shels whatever about Rovers fans - I'm just interested in what Bohs fans think. The general avoidance, whataboutery etc implies a quiet concern or a good dose of Ostrich syndrome. If Peak6 fecked off we'd be screwed right now and there is a concerning conplacency also with no plan B eg DFC Trust active or in place!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Oh there isnt any worry on my behalf for Bohs or Shels whatever about Rovers fans - I'm just interested in what Bohs fans think. The general avoidance, whataboutery etc implies a quiet concern or a good dose of Ostrich syndrome. If Peak6 fecked off we'd be screwed right now and there is a concerning conplacency also with no plan B eg DFC Trust active or in place!
    To be honest, i have laid out my thoughts on it in my previous posts. If i am going to summarize... how serious are Shels investors ie where do they want to challenge? It presents some risk, unknown and not enough to get my knickers in a twist. Bohs are doing very well in many different aspects. We havent relied on a backer, have grown our crowds almost every year, have built a decent youth set up, have attracted excellent young talent and have established deep links with the local community. Shels appear to be relying solely on investment. If there is a risk of Shels becoming a more successful club than Bohs at some point in the next couple of seasons, it will go once the investors money goes if they havent built any infrastructure around the club. Surely none of the above is controversial or indicative of "ostrich syndrome" i dont think. I think its kind of telling in some ways that no Shels fans appear to be on foot.ie or able to answer these questions... this is 100% being speculated on by a single Rovers fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Thank you for your opinion. I dont recall your previous posts on the matter though tbh it was Marino that was mostly doing tyhe deflecting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Thank you for your opinion. I dont recall your previous posts on the matter though tbh it was Marino that was mostly doing tyhe deflecting.
    What deflecting FFS ?
    - well established in the area over decades
    - steady sustainable growth in crowds
    - leading the way (in LOI) in community initiatives
    - solid financial position without dependence on some backer with little/no link to club
    - established underage link up.
    - stadium name synonymous with Bohemian FC

So no, I’m not overly concerned about some possible/maybe/who knows investment that may/will/ who knows propel Shels above Bohs so they can Hoover up all our players while not bothering with any other teams players.
    <MOD SNIP>
    Last edited by Mr A; 31/10/2019 at 2:57 PM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts

Enough with the attacking other posters.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Even allowing for spelling I got the distinct impression this was directed at me.Glad to be able to clarify matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Clean up the away end, extend the roof on the Shed , put a stand like the stand Sligo have behind the goal, the last on might be a bit more than loose change tbf, (any sligo fans know how much that cost ?) I'm sure the DFC fans could produce a better list.
    130k in 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I THINK if Dundalk start building and improving the ground NOW against current pp then what we have applied for it would contravene whatever plans they've currently applied for
    I'm pretty sure a plan(s) to improve the ground have been issued to LCC (i fcking hope they have)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I THINK if Dundalk start building and improving the ground NOW against current pp then what we have applied for it would contravene whatever plans they've currently applied for
    I'm pretty sure a plan(s) to improve the ground have been issued to LCC (i fcking hope they have)
    I seem to recall that plans for PP were lodged, although how serious they were is another matter (they do help with licencing ). while it would be nice if Dundalk had a stadium anywhere near as good as their team I don't see anything major happening anytime soon. Their business model doesn't lend itself to long term investment in the stadium so I suspect minor improvements as good as it will get.

Apart from 'liking a better stadium' is there any solid business rationale to convince PEAK6 to spend that kind of money ? projected return ? would love to see it for the club (and Town) but unless there is a business case I cant see it happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    I seem to recall that plans for PP were lodged, although how serious they were is another matter (they do help with licencing ). while it would be nice if Dundalk had a stadium anywhere near as good as their team I don't see anything major happening anytime soon. Their business model doesn't lend itself to long term investment in the stadium so I suspect minor improvements as good as it will get.

Apart from 'liking a better stadium' is there any solid business rationale to convince PEAK6 to spend that kind of money ? projected return ? would love to see it for the club (and Town) but unless there is a business case I cant see it happening.
    Thats not true,that pp were applied for in regards to improvements in OP regarding P6

But WHAT might happen with Dundalk fans at the end of the season could be a bit of a revolt against the - team v stadium dictate and Dundalk fans are fed up of it.Interesting times ahead down here.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Thats not true,that pp were applied for in regards to improvements in OP regarding P6

But WHAT might happen with Dundalk fans at the end of the season could be a bit of a revolt against the - team v stadium dictate and Dundalk fans are fed up of it.Interesting times ahead down here.
    Fair enough TT. As a matter of interest (other than aspirational) is development of Oriel a big issue among Dundalk fans ? And what form would any 'revolt' be likely to take ? boycott matches, merchandise ? I know a lot of away teams gripes about Oriel is the fact most of us lose there and its a handy stick to bet Dundalk with.

While I would like to see improvements in OP (and it would be great for the future - if its not done now on the back of success it never will be) I'd be happy to see our 9Dundalk V Bohs) game played in a field if Bohs won

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs;2021963[B
    ]Fair enough TT. As a matter of interest (other than aspirational) is development of Oriel a big issue among Dundalk fans ?[/B] And what form would any 'revolt' be likely to take ? boycott matches, merchandise ? I know a lot of away teams gripes about Oriel is the fact most of us lose there and its a handy stick to bet Dundalk with.

I reckon the ground (op) will be the main subject for off season chat among Dundalk fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    There’s no chance of a revolt against the team/club, I honestly don’t know how you have come to that opinion. Yes, the supporters are a bit fed up with lack of any movement on the ground but they never said they would do anything major.
    Once the team is successful then things will carry on, if the success dries up then fans will naturally drift away. It’s always happened despite no major structural improvements to the ground in decades.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I bet there will be.I'm sure you're familiar with what happens at OP.and Dundalk fans.
    I'm all for winning,long may it continue bro.But a lot of people are getting p€€ed off with and getting more with that way as p6 is being ignorant and abtuse about op.#
    You care about winning,i care about a legacy for that winning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Sorry about dat post,phone sgain.will post later

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    It would be brilliant if there was some sort of organised fan group advocating for stadium upgrading.

But do you seriously think fans would prefer a new town end roof or a the 100k striker signing who is likely to give 25 goals?

Most want both, but in an either/ or scenario would prefer to stand in muck if it gave a group league stage probability

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    It would be brilliant if there was some sort of organised fan group advocating for stadium upgrading.

But do you seriously think fans would prefer a new town end roof or a the 100k striker signing who is likely to give 25 goals?

Most want both, but in an either/ or scenario would prefer to stand in muck if it gave a group league stage probability
    you're letting them off the hook to easily ez.I remember when you gave a damn.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    you're letting them off the hook to easily ez.I remember when you gave a damn.

Maybe you're right! Despite the success of the last 2 years I'm still hugely sceptical about Peak6. and in particular what the club might look when they exit.

In my opinion a big part of the problem is that too few supporters are actually sufficiently agitated about this and will blandly accept inertia and drivel once the club is successful on the pitch. Witness the irrational lack of enthusiasm for a Trust relaunch or Supporters group on Oriel Web as an indication of the level of passivity that exists.

We need the revolt that you talk about to shake up lethargic fans to put bring pressure to bear around stadium improvements!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I think we all agree that some sort of infrastructure plan is needed with a realistic timeline. However I don’t think there will be any significant push from fans. Yes there will be chatter among the supporters but I don’t think there is any real appetite to form a decent fan lobby group, but as for revolt, there is zero chance of this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast