Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 104

Thread: TONIGHT'S games 25th OCT

  1. #81
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    11,694
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,313
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,565
    Thanked in
    1,900 Posts
    Donít worry lads, all these hardcore Shels fans will be along in a second to answer all the questions that havenít been answered over the last couple of days.

    Any second now.

    Theyíll be here.

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #82
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    894
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    735
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Oh there isnt any worry on my behalf for Bohs or Shels whatever about Rovers fans - I'm just interested in what Bohs fans think. The general avoidance, whataboutery etc implies a quiet concern or a good dose of Ostrich syndrome. If Peak6 fecked off we'd be screwed right now and there is a concerning conplacency also with no plan B eg DFC Trust active or in place!

  4. #83
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    11,694
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,313
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,565
    Thanked in
    1,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Oh there isnt any worry on my behalf for Bohs or Shels whatever about Rovers fans - I'm just interested in what Bohs fans think. The general avoidance, whataboutery etc implies a quiet concern or a good dose of Ostrich syndrome. If Peak6 fecked off we'd be screwed right now and there is a concerning conplacency also with no plan B eg DFC Trust active or in place!
    To be honest, i have laid out my thoughts on it in my previous posts. If i am going to summarize... how serious are Shels investors ie where do they want to challenge? It presents some risk, unknown and not enough to get my knickers in a twist. Bohs are doing very well in many different aspects. We havent relied on a backer, have grown our crowds almost every year, have built a decent youth set up, have attracted excellent young talent and have established deep links with the local community. Shels appear to be relying solely on investment. If there is a risk of Shels becoming a more successful club than Bohs at some point in the next couple of seasons, it will go once the investors money goes if they havent built any infrastructure around the club. Surely none of the above is controversial or indicative of "ostrich syndrome" i dont think. I think its kind of telling in some ways that no Shels fans appear to be on foot.ie or able to answer these questions... this is 100% being speculated on by a single Rovers fan.

  5. #84
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    894
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    735
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Thank you for your opinion. I dont recall your previous posts on the matter though tbh it was Marino that was mostly doing tyhe deflecting.

  6. #85
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,587
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    359
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    640
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Thank you for your opinion. I dont recall your previous posts on the matter though tbh it was Marino that was mostly doing tyhe deflecting.
    What deflecting FFS ?
    - well established in the area over decades
    - steady sustainable growth in crowds
    - leading the way (in LOI) in community initiatives
    - solid financial position without dependence on some backer with little/no link to club
    - established underage link up.
    - stadium name synonymous with Bohemian FC

    So no, I’m not overly concerned about some possible/maybe/who knows investment that may/will/ who knows propel Shels above Bohs so they can Hoover up all our players while not bothering with any other teams players.
    <MOD SNIP>
    Last edited by Mr A; 31/10/2019 at 2:57 PM.

  7. #86
    Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the gutter, but looking at the stars
    Posts
    11,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,574
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,070
    Thanked in
    1,398 Posts

    Enough with the attacking other posters.

  8. Thanks From:


  9. #87
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,587
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    359
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    640
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Thank you for your opinion. I dont recall your previous posts on the matter though tbh it was Marino that was mostly doing tyhe deflecting.
    Even allowing for spelling I got the distinct impression this was directed at me.Glad to be able to clarify matters.
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  10. #88
    First Team Nah Nah Nah Nah's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    403
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    516
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Clean up the away end, extend the roof on the Shed , put a stand like the stand Sligo have behind the goal, the last on might be a bit more than loose change tbf, (any sligo fans know how much that cost ?) I'm sure the DFC fans could produce a better list.
    130k in 2012

  11. #89
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I THINK if Dundalk start building and improving the ground NOW against current pp then what we have applied for it would contravene whatever plans they've currently applied for
    I'm pretty sure a plan(s) to improve the ground have been issued to LCC (i fcking hope they have)

  12. #90
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,587
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    359
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    640
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I THINK if Dundalk start building and improving the ground NOW against current pp then what we have applied for it would contravene whatever plans they've currently applied for
    I'm pretty sure a plan(s) to improve the ground have been issued to LCC (i fcking hope they have)
    I seem to recall that plans for PP were lodged, although how serious they were is another matter (they do help with licencing ). while it would be nice if Dundalk had a stadium anywhere near as good as their team I don't see anything major happening anytime soon. Their business model doesn't lend itself to long term investment in the stadium so I suspect minor improvements as good as it will get.


    Apart from 'liking a better stadium' is there any solid business rationale to convince PEAK6 to spend that kind of money ? projected return ? would love to see it for the club (and Town) but unless there is a business case I cant see it happening.
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  13. #91
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    I seem to recall that plans for PP were lodged, although how serious they were is another matter (they do help with licencing ). while it would be nice if Dundalk had a stadium anywhere near as good as their team I don't see anything major happening anytime soon. Their business model doesn't lend itself to long term investment in the stadium so I suspect minor improvements as good as it will get.


    Apart from 'liking a better stadium' is there any solid business rationale to convince PEAK6 to spend that kind of money ? projected return ? would love to see it for the club (and Town) but unless there is a business case I cant see it happening.
    Thats not true,that pp were applied for in regards to improvements in OP regarding P6

    But WHAT might happen with Dundalk fans at the end of the season could be a bit of a revolt against the - team v stadium dictate and Dundalk fans are fed up of it.Interesting times ahead down here.

  14. Thanks From:


  15. #92
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,587
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    359
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    640
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Thats not true,that pp were applied for in regards to improvements in OP regarding P6

    But WHAT might happen with Dundalk fans at the end of the season could be a bit of a revolt against the - team v stadium dictate and Dundalk fans are fed up of it.Interesting times ahead down here.
    Fair enough TT. As a matter of interest (other than aspirational) is development of Oriel a big issue among Dundalk fans ? And what form would any 'revolt' be likely to take ? boycott matches, merchandise ? I know a lot of away teams gripes about Oriel is the fact most of us lose there and its a handy stick to bet Dundalk with.

    While I would like to see improvements in OP (and it would be great for the future - if its not done now on the back of success it never will be) I'd be happy to see our 9Dundalk V Bohs) game played in a field if Bohs won
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  16. #93
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs;2021963[B
    ]Fair enough TT. As a matter of interest (other than aspirational) is development of Oriel a big issue among Dundalk fans ?[/B] And what form would any 'revolt' be likely to take ? boycott matches, merchandise ? I know a lot of away teams gripes about Oriel is the fact most of us lose there and its a handy stick to bet Dundalk with.

    .....
    I reckon the ground (op) will be the main subject for off season chat among Dundalk fans.

  17. #94
    Reserves Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    910
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    211
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    But WHAT might happen with Dundalk fans at the end of the season could be a bit of a revolt against the - team v stadium dictate and Dundalk fans are fed up of it.Interesting times ahead down here.
    Thereís no chance of a revolt against the team/club, I honestly donít know how you have come to that opinion. Yes, the supporters are a bit fed up with lack of any movement on the ground but they never said they would do anything major.
    Once the team is successful then things will carry on, if the success dries up then fans will naturally drift away. Itís always happened despite no major structural improvements to the ground in decades.

  18. #95
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I bet there will be.I'm sure you're familiar with what happens at OP.and Dundalk fans.
    I'm all for winning,long may it continue bro.But a lot of people are getting p€€ed off with and getting more with that way as p6 is being ignorant and abtuse about op.#
    You care about winning,i care about a legacy for that winning.

  19. #96
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Sorry about dat post,phone sgain.will post later

  20. #97
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,867
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    151
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,040
    Thanked in
    636 Posts
    It would be brilliant if there was some sort of organised fan group advocating for stadium upgrading.

    But do you seriously think fans would prefer a new town end roof or a the 100k striker signing who is likely to give 25 goals?

    Most want both, but in an either/ or scenario would prefer to stand in muck if it gave a group league stage probability

  21. #98
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    209
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    It would be brilliant if there was some sort of organised fan group advocating for stadium upgrading.

    But do you seriously think fans would prefer a new town end roof or a the 100k striker signing who is likely to give 25 goals?

    Most want both, but in an either/ or scenario would prefer to stand in muck if it gave a group league stage probability
    you're letting them off the hook to easily ez.I remember when you gave a damn.


  22. #99
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,867
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    151
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,040
    Thanked in
    636 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    you're letting them off the hook to easily ez.I remember when you gave a damn.

    Maybe you're right! Despite the success of the last 2 years I'm still hugely sceptical about Peak6. and in particular what the club might look when they exit.

    In my opinion a big part of the problem is that too few supporters are actually sufficiently agitated about this and will blandly accept inertia and drivel once the club is successful on the pitch. Witness the irrational lack of enthusiasm for a Trust relaunch or Supporters group on Oriel Web as an indication of the level of passivity that exists.

    We need the revolt that you talk about to shake up lethargic fans to put bring pressure to bear around stadium improvements!

  23. #100
    Reserves Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    910
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    211
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    I think we all agree that some sort of infrastructure plan is needed with a realistic timeline. However I donít think there will be any significant push from fans. Yes there will be chatter among the supporters but I donít think there is any real appetite to form a decent fan lobby group, but as for revolt, there is zero chance of this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tonight's games
    By pineapple stu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 29/05/2018, 8:44 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 22/09/2017, 6:03 PM
  3. Tonight's games
    By pineapple stu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 28/08/2017, 9:54 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18/08/2017, 11:37 AM
  5. Tonight's Games
    By Mr A in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09/09/2006, 9:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •