Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 104

Thread: TONIGHT'S games 25th OCT

  1. #61
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    362
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    I don't think they are worrying about falling attendances the current supporters are coming despite the facilities, it's being unduly bothered about increasing it that I question.
    Or even a drop tbh a 1000 drop would be massive and not linked to facilities which aren't changing, but even then at 8k per match is around 150k......won't move the needle and that would be a catastrophic fall.

  2. #62
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,892
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,705
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,052
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts
    Disgraceful scenes at Richmond Park tonight as the Pats announcer didn't call out the names of any of the Bohs players as they received their medals. Disgusting

  3. #63
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,647
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    279
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Disgraceful scenes at Richmond Park tonight as the Pats announcer didn't call out the names of any of the Bohs players as they received their medals. Disgusting
    They weren't spat at by the Pats crowd either, what is the eorld coming to?
    Congrats Pats ,they are ripping it up in underage football, presumably they have a secret underground deserted cement plant where they develop their youngsters.

  4. #64
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Disgraceful scenes at Richmond Park tonight as the Pats announcer didn't call out the names of any of the Bohs players as they received their medals. Disgusting
    At least the pats players and captain were invited up to get the trophy unlike the silence in tallaght for the Bohs captain/players. Congratulations to St Pats on their victory

  5. #65
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,537
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    357
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    627
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    We all have access to the same data, courtesy of Nigel's attendance analysis; it is clear from this that the jump in attendance is not the one-season wonder that you present

    2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014
    2856 2148 2006 1627 1724 1395

    Although this years increase has been very impressive, it is easy to see the significant progression in the last 5 seasons. Using 2014 attendance as a reference point, it is easy to see the progress made, building up to a 44% increase in 2017 and 54% increase in 2018 etc

    2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014
    205 154 144 117 124 100


    Having a good season in 2019 was a big help to build on the off-pitch work including many Jodi sellouts, but Bohs were building attendances and supporter commitment right throughout Keith Longs managerial reign. One off colour season would not derail that
    Aw but facts don’t feed in to the Shels are going to relegate Bohs” bull**** he has been peddling. 🤨

    The move to Tolka will impact on potential growth st Bohs but it’s not like Shels will get to Dalymount Nua before us and we are planning on maintaining links with the community during our stay in Tolka. Financially we are preparing for Tolka - the wilderness years 😃 and should be ale to cope.
    When both clubs move to Dalymount Bohs will be in the better place to get most of the new stadium daytrippers. In the short term a few north Dublin derbies will help both clubs (Shels brought one of the biggest “away” crowds we had this season.)

    Hopefully Dalymount Nua project will kick on and allow us develop the club further.
    It will take more than deluded hoop wishful thinking or a poor season to derail us. Over this season our crowds (at Dalymount) have been very consistent unlike other clubs.

  6. #66
    Reserves mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    886
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Shels don't have to have the biggest crowds to be successful , look at dundalk for example, peak 6 don't care about an extra few hundred at the game hence the lack of even a few relatively easy improvements in oriel, tbe attendance money is chicken feed
    Compared to Euro money etc.
    Curious what you think these are?

  7. #67
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    362
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Clean up the away end, extend the roof on the Shed , put a stand like the stand Sligo have behind the goal, the last on might be a bit more than loose change tbf, (any sligo fans know how much that cost ?) I'm sure the DFC fans could produce a better list.

  8. #68
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    362
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Aw but facts don’t feed in to the Shels are going to relegate Bohs” bull**** he has been peddling. 廊

    The move to Tolka will impact on potential growth st Bohs but it’s not like Shels will get to Dalymount Nua before us and we are planning on maintaining links with the community during our stay in Tolka. Financially we are preparing for Tolka - the wilderness years  and should be ale to cope.
    When both clubs move to Dalymount Bohs will be in the better place to get most of the new stadium daytrippers. In the short term a few north Dublin derbies will help both clubs (Shels brought one of the biggest “away” crowds we had this season.)

    Hopefully Dalymount Nua project will kick on and allow us develop the club further.
    It will take more than deluded hoop wishful thinking or a poor season to derail us. Over this season our crowds (at Dalymount) have been very consistent unlike other clubs.
    Jeez Marino you do go from 0-60 in 2 seconds.
    You are about to groundshare with a club from roughly the same geographical area who have a wealthy private backer who is a successful businessman and is unlikely to have bought into it because of a lifelong love of Shels.#
    Last season they signed a bunch of players from you and if your board had'nt moved quicker this year would probably have done so again.
    Given i loath Shels i've made the point on here taht Bohs need to be careful that they don't end up being second fiddle to Shels going forward as it is prety obvious that it would be Shels intention to be seen as the "big" club in the new stadium......or do you think that the investor/investors are planning on finishing bottom half?

    Equally on the attendances the increases from the previous season over the last few years were
    2015 +329
    2016 -97
    2017 +379
    2018 +142
    2019 + 708 and it could have been 1000+ if you could have fitted more in for the matches that were sold out.
    How is it so controversial to say that the 2019 jump was reflective of a good season AS WELL as the work Bohs have been doing.

    Rovers had an even bigger jump in attendance this year and while ongoing community work continued i would say a more compeitive team and a decent style of football was also a big contributor and likely the major factor as the community work has been going on for years just like Bohs.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 30/10/2019 at 3:24 PM.

  9. #69
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,537
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    357
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    627
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Jeez Marino you do go from 0-60 in 2 seconds.
    You are about to groundshare with a club from roughly the same geographical area who have a wealthy private backer who is a successful businessman and is unlikely to have bought into it because of a lifelong love of Shels.#
    Last season they signed a bunch of players from you and if your board had'nt moved quicker this year would probably have done so again.
    Given i loath Shels i've made the point on here taht Bohs need to be careful that they don't end up being second fiddle to Shels going forward as it is prety obvious that it would be Shels intention to be seen as the "big" club in the new stadium......or do you think that the investor/investors are planning on finishing bottom half?

    Equally on the attendances the increases from the previous season over the last few years were
    2015 +329
    2016 -97
    2017 +379
    2018 +142
    2019 + 708 and it could have been 1000+ if you could have fitted more in for the matches that were sold out.
    How is it so controversial to say that the 2019 jump was reflective of a good season AS WELL as the work Bohs have been doing.

    Rovers had an even bigger jump in attendance this year and while ongoing community work continued i would say a more compeitive team and a decent style of football was also a big contributor and likely the major factor as the community work has been going on for years just like Bohs.
    Shels signed a number of players surplus to requirements at Dalymount. Not one of ehich Bohs wanted to keep (go through them).
    Shels have little or no presence in Drumcondra and virtually zero in Phibsborough. They are not from the area and honestly have done little to develop any local links.
    Other than that your “concern” has real merit 😀
    Bohs support has been very consistent across all games - not just big games, which indicates a stronger core support.
    Perhaps you should tell Shels fans about thier “masterplan” as most are still against move to Dalymount.

  10. #70
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    362
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Shels signed a number of players surplus to requirements at Dalymount. Not one of ehich Bohs wanted to keep (go through them).
    Shels have little or no presence in Drumcondra and virtually zero in Phibsborough. They are not from the area and honestly have done little to develop any local links.
    Other than that your “concern” has real merit 
    Bohs support has been very consistent across all games - not just big games, which indicates a stronger core support.
    Perhaps you should tell Shels fans about thier “masterplan” as most are still against move to Dalymount.
    It is less then 2 miles from Dalymount to Tolka, i think that qualifies as general area tbh , particularly for people who decide to travel to see a match.
    Also once Shels move they will get half the tourists as they will be at home every second week.
    There is another club in Dublin competing to sign players for the premier division next year (no offence to UCD btw as they don't typically compete for players on a wages basis) more specifically in North city Dublin, more competition for players etc etc, would Mandroiu have signed for Bohs if Shels were in the Premier and offered him more money? The first thing players agents do is call the other clubs in the same area and tout the players around.
    I agree with you that the core support has risen for Bohs but again i think a jump of +700 this year which could have been higher but for all the sold out signs is at least as much down to having a good season as anything else...what is so controversial about that?
    The Shels fans feelings about moving to Dalymount don't matter a jot its happening ......assuming the Stadium gets built

  11. #71
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,537
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    357
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    627
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    It is less then 2 miles from Dalymount to Tolka, i think that qualifies as general area tbh , particularly for people who decide to travel to see a match.
    Also once Shels move they will get half the tourists as they will be at home every second week.
    There is another club in Dublin competing to sign players for the premier division next year (no offence to UCD btw as they don't typically compete for players on a wages basis) more specifically in North city Dublin, more competition for players etc etc, would Mandroiu have signed for Bohs if Shels were in the Premier and offered him more money? The first thing players agents do is call the other clubs in the same area and tout the players around.
    I agree with you that the core support has risen for Bohs but again i think a jump of +700 this year which could have been higher but for all the sold out signs is at least as much down to having a good season as anything else...what is so controversial about that?
    The Shels fans feelings about moving to Dalymount don't matter a jot its happening ......assuming the Stadium gets built
    Mandroui and others signed for Bohs due to St Kevin’s connections shams told us couldn’t work 😀 as for Dublin North City - ask Jack or Burke about that.
    When Pats move to SDCC Stadium they will have more to build on than Shels have in Dalymount. Keep dreaming.

  12. #72
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,670
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    883
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    716
    Thanked in
    477 Posts
    It's a valid point though Marino. If Shels happen to do better than Bohs in due course when Dlymount is shared they could nick the floating support be they tourists or just passive football fans. It could impact on Bohs (and visa versa) so shouldnt be dismissed. You'd have to hope that the community work Bohs do creates a loyalty.

    If Byrne and Burke are from North Dubline inner city why are they playing out in the sticks with Rovers?
    Last edited by Nesta99; 30/10/2019 at 7:33 PM.

  13. #73
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    362
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Both (burke/byrne) wanted full time football when they came back from England..
    I Don t think any st Kevin's boys coming back this year will turn down more money for the love of st Kevin's if it's offered by shels or anyone else.

  14. #74
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,537
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    357
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    627
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Both (burke/byrne) wanted full time football when they came back from England..
    I Don t think any st Kevin's boys coming back this year will turn down more money for the love of st Kevin's if it's offered by shels or anyone else.
    Byrne spoke to Bohs and was close to signing before he was offered a lot more money to go to Tallaght. Simple as that. Players sign primarily for money if Shels are offering more they will take players from more than Bohs !
    If ANY club offers more money players will move irrespective (within reason) of location.

    Any glory hunters 😁 wanting to piggyback on any Shels success need only walk 10 minutes down the road right now. Hasn't caused us too many problems, even when Shels were good.

  15. #75
    Reserves mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    886
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Clean up the away end, extend the roof on the Shed , put a stand like the stand Sligo have behind the goal, the last on might be a bit more than loose change tbf, (any sligo fans know how much that cost ?) I'm sure the DFC fans could produce a better list.
    You said easy improvements, I don't see any on your list but would depend what you mean by clean up the away end, sweep it, mop it?

  16. #76
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    362
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Byrne spoke to Bohs and was close to signing before he was offered a lot more money to go to Tallaght. Simple as that. Players sign primarily for money if Shels are offering more they will take players from more than Bohs !
    If ANY club offers more money players will move irrespective (within reason) of location.

    Any glory hunters 😁 wanting to piggyback on any Shels success need only walk 10 minutes down the road right now. Hasn't caused us too many problems, even when Shels were good.
    Byrne nearly signed for bohs.....part time football for a guy trying to resurrect his carear , don't think so, good spoof .
    At least you accept that players will sign for shels if offered more money despite the Kevin's connection.
    That was kinda my point, hence signing next season's mandroiu will be harder.
    That is where to be fair to long the euro qualification money couldn't have been timed better

  17. #77
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,537
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    357
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    627
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Byrne nearly signed for bohs.....part time football for a guy trying to resurrect his carear , don't think so, good spoof .
    At least you accept that players will sign for shels if offered more money despite the Kevin's connection.
    That was kinda my point, hence signing next season's mandroiu will be harder.
    That is where to be fair to long the euro qualification money couldn't have been timed better
    Bit like Watts (A Southsider) wouldn't sign part time ? As I said Byrne didn't have shams offer when he spoke to Bohs, try reading slower. 😁
    If Shels offer more money they will take players from any team - not just Bohs. That's my point (maybe even you get that ?) The same as if shams, Dundalk or....really I'm not sure what it is you are having such difficulty with ?
    Player will sign for more money - irrespective of club or location. Nothing different about Bohs/Shels except your imagination.

  18. #78
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,670
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    883
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    716
    Thanked in
    477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Bit like Watts (A Southsider) wouldn't sign part time ? As I said Byrne didn't have shams offer when he spoke to Bohs, try reading slower. 
    If Shels offer more money they will take players from any team - not just Bohs. That's my point (maybe even you get that ?) The same as if shams, Dundalk or....really I'm not sure what it is you are having such difficulty with ?
    Player will sign for more money - irrespective of club or location. Nothing different about Bohs/Shels except your imagination.
    Couldnt you make your points without the more personal barbs?

    You are correct, players will generally go to whomever offers the most money. What happens if Shels have bigger pockets though? If they overtake Bohs at any point then Dalymount could end up a more Shels ground than Bohs!

  19. Thanks From:


  20. #79
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,185
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    It should be interesting to see who shels get in the off season, now that they would be seen as direct competitors for certain players with bohs and pats - I am assuming that there is a different level of player being sought by Rovers and dundalk, rightly or wrongly.
    As shels have been out of sight, out of mind for a few years now its hard to know how they'll take to being back in the top division
    If I heard it correctly, bohs have already tied up a number of their players on contracts for next season already, so I don't think they'll have to worry unduly for the moment.
    Is the stadium even going to go ahead?
    League Specialists.

  21. #80
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,537
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    357
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    627
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Couldnt you make your points without the more personal barbs?

    You are correct, players will generally go to whomever offers the most money. What happens if Shels have bigger pockets though? If they overtake Bohs at any point then Dalymount could end up a more Shels ground than Bohs!
    If Drogheda come up and PEAK6 move on....😁 lots of "ifs" there. Same argument.

    If Shels have bigger pockets they will take players off ANYONE not just Bohs.

    Shels have no history or presence in Phibsborough, shams played there it didn't become their ground (same applies to Tolka) and that was before Bohs became embedded in the community. The stadium is retaining the name Dalymount, a name synonymous with Bohs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tonight's games
    By pineapple stu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 29/05/2018, 8:44 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 22/09/2017, 6:03 PM
  3. Tonight's games
    By pineapple stu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 28/08/2017, 9:54 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18/08/2017, 11:37 AM
  5. Tonight's Games
    By Mr A in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09/09/2006, 9:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •