Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 197

Thread: All-Ireland League Thread

  1. #61
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    264
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Lads the AIL is an idea worth pursuing but similar to brexit nothing will be agreed till all is agreed. This is complicated stuff 2 associations agreeing to a 3rd party running a league that used to be part of their remit. This will happen eventually on this Island that i have no doubt just get on with it and let us get behind it.

  2. #62
    First Team Mr_Parker's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    At the home of Irish Football
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    124
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Lads the AIL is an idea worth pursuing but similar to brexit nothing will be agreed till all is agreed. This is complicated stuff 2 associations agreeing to a 3rd party running a league that used to be part of their remit. This will happen eventually on this Island that i have no doubt just get on with it and let us get behind it.
    https://youtu.be/AOOs8MaR1YM

  3. #63
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    919
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    327
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    267
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    You mention 'flawed', and it is appropriate that you do so as you are flawed in your assumption that a new AIL would be responsible for Licensing. Currently such rests with the national associations, not league bodies, as per UEFA Statutes.
    Membership of the AIL would no doubt place requirements upon clubs re many facets of how they operate. It's already been stated that prize money will need to go on facilities etc. This is a form of licensing.

  4. #64
    First Team Mr_Parker's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    At the home of Irish Football
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    124
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Membership of the AIL would no doubt place requirements upon clubs re many facets of how they operate. It's already been stated that prize money will need to go on facilities etc. This is a form of licensing.
    Are you suggesting league regulations would in some way substitute the Licensing process? I really don't see what you are getting at. While important, facilities only are one part of many components. And regardless, that doesn't negate my point in regards to the apparent double standards being operated.

  5. #65
    First Team Mr_Parker's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    At the home of Irish Football
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    124
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Have a read at the restrictions being imposed on Linfield fans announced today for their game against Dundalk in a couple of weeks. These have gone down like a lead balloon with their supporters and will hardly endear support for an AIL.

    http://www.linfieldfc.com/ticketinfo.aspx?id=22261

    The future?

  6. #66
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,999
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    362
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    Have a read at the restrictions being imposed on Linfield fans announced today for their game against Dundalk in a couple of weeks. These have gone down like a lead balloon with their supporters and will hardly endear support for an AIL.

    http://www.linfieldfc.com/ticketinfo.aspx?id=22261



    The future?
    Wow !
    I know that would be enough for me to say forget it lads i'll skip this one.
    Dundalk will hardly reciprocate with this BS??

  7. #67
    Reserves Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    906
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    208
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Wow !
    I know that would be enough for me to say forget it lads i'll skip this one.
    Dundalk will hardly reciprocate with this BS??
    If itís anything like the time we played them in the Setanta Cup then it will be the same, official buses in and out with a police escort.

  8. #68
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,655
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Wow !
    I know that would be enough for me to say forget it lads i'll skip this one.
    Dundalk will hardly reciprocate with this BS??
    It's pretty much the same arrangments that were put in place for the Setanta Cup game we played in Windsor. I have never seen as many riot police at any game Watford v Milwall, for example, included. Way OTT. Be interesting to know if these are Garda reccomendations or internal to Linfield. There wasnt even the slightest hint of hassle for the home leg of that Setanta Cup tie. All that said it was a bit of fun being in a large convoy of coaches heading to Belfast with PSNI outriders stopping traffic etc. Fun but tinted with that fact that it was deemed necessary.

  9. #69
    First Team Mr_Parker's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    At the home of Irish Football
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    124
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Which there is absolutely no need for. Straight up the M1 to Belfast. Park the buses on the Boucher Road, with a short 3 minute walk into the ground. That route and side of the ground in completely neutral and sterile. Dundalk fans will hardly see a single opposition fan until they are seated in the stand. It is total overkill and I suspect the only reason such escorts will be put in place is to placate Linfield fans in that it would be used as, "well Dundalk fans have to do similar." Last night Cliftonville played at Windsor and had some 800 supporters at the game. People came by car, coach and on foot without any travel restrictions or escorts.
    Last edited by Mr_Parker; 30/10/2019 at 12:06 PM.

  10. #70
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,655
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    The coaches were all parked up in a retail park (cant remember which one) and fans were searched for flags etc that would be considered inappropriate (so Tricolours really). Didnt stop the damn flares being smuggled in. It was before Windsor Park was redeveloped so we entered the 'new' stand to the right facing the Kop end via a very narrow passage way that had high fencing and barbed wire. As we got to the ground then itself the entire way in to the stand had a line of police decked out in riot gear - then in contrast was a couple of chippy vans at the back of the stand. All Dundalk fans were in a couple of blocks on the upper tier. Kearns scored a hatrick and looked to really enjoy that - touch of irony now.

  11. #71
    First Team Mr_Parker's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    At the home of Irish Football
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    124
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The coaches were all parked up in a retail park (cant remember which one) and fans were searched for flags etc that would be considered inappropriate (so Tricolours really). Didnt stop the damn flares being smuggled in. It was before Windsor Park was redeveloped so we entered the 'new' stand to the right facing the Kop end via a very narrow passage way that had high fencing and barbed wire. As we got to the ground then itself the entire way in to the stand had a line of police decked out in riot gear - then in contrast was a couple of chippy vans at the back of the stand. All Dundalk fans were in a couple of blocks on the upper tier. Kearns scored a hatrick and looked to really enjoy that - touch of irony now.
    Boucher Road is the retail park you reference. However the entrance to the ground from that direction has been transformed. See pic below. I doubt too that the police will be kitted out like in the past as there is now a much softer approach in recent years. As for flags, numerous nationalities were on display last night including the Tricolour. However there is an unwritten agreement amongst clubs here that if such a flag is for purely political display, ie it does not have a club affiliation displayed on it, then normally it is not permitted. The most infuriating thing for visitors to Windsor these days is that you are not allowed to bring your own drinks inside.


  12. Thanks From:


  13. #72
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,655
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    That is some transformation as previously it was like being walked in to a remand centre. Tbh I can see why you cant take your own drinks in to the ground (I'm presuming you arent talking about a bags of Super T) as bottles of water are often not water lol.

  14. #73
    Reserves disgruntled's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    743
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    299
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    105
    Thanked in
    78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    Have a read at the restrictions being imposed on Linfield fans announced today for their game against Dundalk in a couple of weeks. These have gone down like a lead balloon with their supporters and will hardly endear support for an AIL.

    http://www.linfieldfc.com/ticketinfo.aspx?id=22261

    The future?
    Shows how much fear they have of the travelling support being infiltrated by undesirables other than their own

  15. #74

  16. #75

  17. #76
    The Cheeto God Real ale Madrid's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,620
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    395
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,324
    Thanked in
    651 Posts
    First of a few videos in previous posts on the All Island league by Lucid's group.

    They will serve as a fantastic monument on balls.ie in 15 years time if it never happens!
    If a dog weighs under 50 lbs it's a cat, and cats are useless.

  18. #77
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    725
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    91
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    Have a read at the restrictions being imposed on Linfield fans announced today for their game against Dundalk in a couple of weeks. These have gone down like a lead balloon with their supporters and will hardly endear support for an AIL.

    http://www.linfieldfc.com/ticketinfo.aspx?id=22261

    The future?
    Last time was neccessary and was a great night, strange experience. It will be the same again

    Was the same for all games in Setanta (offical club buses only) although we wer drinking beforehand v Cliftonville amd Coleraine bars at stadium.

    Glentoran away pretty sure team had be escourted out ovrr secruity incident.

    If Linfield fans made own way to Dundalk, 100% their would be trouble. Every wannabe provo and scumbag be out

  19. #78
    First Team Mr_Parker's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    At the home of Irish Football
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    124
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Last time was neccessary and was a great night, strange experience. It will be the same again

    Was the same for all games in Setanta (offical club buses only) although we wer drinking beforehand v Cliftonville amd Coleraine bars at stadium.

    Glentoran away pretty sure team had be escourted out ovrr secruity incident.

    If Linfield fans made own way to Dundalk, 100% their would be trouble. Every wannabe provo and scumbag be out
    Yet Dundalk are pushing the AIL narrative, while the likelihood is that many fans from teams visiting Dundalk from the North will be treated in such a manner?

  20. #79
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    725
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    91
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    Yet Dundalk are pushing the AIL narrative, while the likelihood is that many fans from teams visiting Dundalk from the North will be treated in such a manner?
    The club cant control scum on the streets. The Gardai cant even control them so what can Dundalk do?

    I cant imagine 4/500 us be safe up around Windsor, Ballymena etc drinking before ganes either.

  21. #80
    First Team Mr_Parker's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    At the home of Irish Football
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    124
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    The club cant control scum on the streets. The Gardai cant even control them so what can Dundalk do?

    I cant imagine 4/500 us be safe up around Windsor, Ballymena etc drinking before ganes either.
    Did you not read my previous post about Reds fans at Windsor last night? That is the norm. All Irish League grounds can be accessed by away fans with little or no issues. Few have bars in the vicinity of the away end, and even if they do, people don't gather in them, but rather go straight to games.

    However, from what you say, that would not be the norm for many going to Dundalk.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. League of Ireland Condolences Thread
    By Mr A in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01/11/2019, 9:19 AM
  2. League of Ireland +2.5 goals thread
    By Real ale Madrid in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 20/10/2015, 8:44 PM
  3. League of Ireland Finance Thread
    By Umberside in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29/08/2009, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •