Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI In Europe 2020

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I noticed yesterday, Dundalk have a coefficient of 10.00 now, so this Thurs becomes even more important now, as I think the 2016 figures will be wiped in 2021 (along with all other clubs, 5 year limit?).

EDIT: Rovers are on 4.75, by this years cut-off that might not be enough to get seeded in CL next year.

For all, will be interesting what 2021 fig will be, as in our case it could be a significant, as 3.0 was earned in 2016 I think. Then again progression this year should counter that.
    Last edited by oriel; 27/09/2020 at 3:47 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Sorry missed this, two random reports for you and there are probably more, back page of Sun Indo today, Eamonn Sweeney, and Alan Cawley on Game on - Fri, both said Dundalk deserved to win in 90 mins.
    I can't see either of those.

FWIW, the Irish Times said Dundalk "weren’t remotely out of their depth", the Sun says Dundalk were "marginally the better side for the remaining 112 minutes of action" (having already gone 1-0 down of course) and nowhere really says that Dundalk deserved to win after 90. "A winning goal in normal time looked more likely to come from Dundalk" is as close as either get to saying Dundalk deserved to win, but they're not remotely the same thing of course.

So all I'm saying is your suggestion that my view is "remarkable" is a long way off. It's not even unique on this thread FFS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    That's fine, I`m not asking for your approval, go out and buy the Sun Indo and listen to the Game On Podcast, its really not that hard.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I'd rather not have to tbh. It's why I asked for a link (and gabe some of my own)

It's not really that important to me tbh.

That said, given the Sunday Indo wasn't out when you made your comment, and listening to the radio isn't reading an article, I am slightly confused as to what brought about your original comment.

But anyway. To Thursday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Me too, lets move on.

More important things out there to discuss / worried about.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Is it just me, or are Dundalk fans starting to become insufferable at this stage ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    A few are brutal but Nesta and oriel usually post an honest take.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    If We are Rovers is on, will RTE be getting UK rights to the Dundalk game Thursday?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    If We are Rovers is on, will RTE be getting UK rights to the Dundalk game Thursday?
    Why would RTE want UK rights ?

Surely that would have to be negotiated and bought in addition to the Irish rights ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Why would RTE want UK rights ?
    Put the Barstool Patroit away for a minute. They did so for the Rovers - Milan game so UK Viewers could watch it on Player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Maybe this has been posted but it potentially eases the drop off of the 2016 season. I know Berts site is the go to standard but this from uefa.com seems handy for some of us mere mortals that co-efficients are complex math. The ammendment for single leg ties softens the landing a bit even if eliminated Thursday. So (to me anyway) the ammendment seems to say the minimum Dundalk will gain is 3*** co-eff points - progressing on penos already and (hopefully not) losing to KI. Which would be the same as making the group stages and losing every game if it was a normal season?? Not to focus entirely on the financial beneits of progression. It says nothing about what happens if the group stages are made mind! Though I may have completely missed something and have it ars@ways!? It seems too generous...unless it is only referring to the latter stage knockouts. Not clear on that though.

UEFA Europa League points system
    Preliminary round elimination – 0.5 points
    First qualifying round elimination – 1 point
    Second qualifying round elimination – 1.5 points
    Third qualifying round elimination – 2 points
    Play-off elimination – 2.5 points
    Group stage win – 2 points
    Group stage draw – 1 point
    Clubs are guaranteed a minimum of three points if they reach the group stage and are awarded an additional point if they get to the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final.
    * Penalty shoot-outs do not affect the calculation system.

2019/20 addendum
    For matches originally foreseen to be two legs (home and away) but reduced to a single leg, the calculation of coefficient points per match will be adapted as follows:

▪ Three points for a win (in regular time or extra time)
    ▪ Two points to each team for a draw (after extra time)
    ▪ One point for a loss (in regular time or extra time)

***I forgot about the Inter game so is that now 2 wins banked (one win on penos at 2pts, one win in normal time at 3pts) if we exit Thursday (minimum of 1 pt if losing in normal time), accumulated already....Im confused! It cant apply to groups games unless the plan is to play 1 round of games. Unless the W/D/L points are different this season for groups games but then why consider ET... anybody able to clear this up for me like it being explained to a 4 year old!?
    Last edited by Nesta99; 28/09/2020 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Maybe this has been posted but it potentially eases the drop off of the 2016 season. I know Berts site is the go to standard but this from uefa.com seems handy for some of us mere mortals that co-efficients are complex math. The ammendment for single leg ties softens the landing a bit even if eliminated Thursday. So (to me anyway) the ammendment seems to say the minimum Dundalk will gain is 3 co-eff points - progressing on penos already and (hopefully not) losing. Which would be the same as making the group stages and losing every game if it was a normal season?? Not to focus entirely on the financial beneits of progression. It says nothing about what happens if the group stages are made mind! Though I may have completely missed something and have it ars@ways!?

UEFA Europa League points system
    Preliminary round elimination – 0.5 points
    First qualifying round elimination – 1 point
    Second qualifying round elimination – 1.5 points
    Third qualifying round elimination – 2 points
    Play-off elimination – 2.5 points
    Group stage win – 2 points
    Group stage draw – 1 point
    Clubs are guaranteed a minimum of three points if they reach the group stage and are awarded an additional point if they get to the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final.
    * Penalty shoot-outs do not affect the calculation system.
    I've highlighted the two key points here. Individual match results do not influence club coefficient in qualification. Club coefficient is qualification is determined by where you get to / exit. If we lose Thursday, we'll be on 2.5. Win and we will be on a minimum of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

2019/20 addendum
    For matches originally foreseen to be two legs (home and away) but reduced to a single leg, the calculation of coefficient points per match will be adapted as follows:

▪ Three points for a win (in regular time or extra time)
    ▪ Two points to each team for a draw (after extra time)
    ▪ One point for a loss (in regular time or extra time)

***I forgot about the Inter game so is that now 2 wins banked if we exit Thursday, accumulated already....Im confused!
    All of this part then relates to points you gain from the group stage onwards.

The points adjustments here are for the knockout stages of the 2019/20 tournaments and not the qualification stages of the 2020/21 tournaments.

Long story short, you're adding last season adjusted point scoring in the tournament regular to this season's qualification rounds. This isn't relevant for where we are at right now.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Ahhh! Makes sense now, apologies. Dose of wishful thinking and not reading what season it was referring to - 2020 kinda just has disappeared! Thanks HS!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Anyone know if the match is available in the Uk via Rte?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Does anyone know if Dundalk are printing a programme for Thursday's game or is it an online publication only?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Double post
    Last edited by oriel; 29/09/2020 at 5:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Does anyone know if Dundalk are printing a programme for Thursday's game or is it an online publication only?
    No print ones have been published since Covid, all have been online, and a nice complimentary addtion for Patreon members too !

I would imagine same for Thursday, unless Uefa rules state print one has to be in place, haven't heard anyhting about this though, so Id still say online only.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    Anyone know if the match is available in the Uk via Rte?
    The Dundalk game v Slovenia side was available in RTE in NI, so I would imagine this will be too. Pretty sure it was also available in GB, as had a mate over there and almost sure he saw it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Can't imagine UEFA rules require a programme; they're very much a British/Irish thing and are often not seen on the continent.

22. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Can't imagine UEFA rules require a programme; they're very much a British/Irish thing and are often not seen on the continent.
    That explains why when we were in Vaduz in 04 UEFA Cup they only produced a four page teamsheet as such!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast