Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1615

Thread: LOI In Europe 2020

  1. #941
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    There'll be a print run on Thursday's game but don't think it's a UEFA requirement.

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #942
    International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    156
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,072
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

  4. #943
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,919
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,856
    Thanked in
    2,413 Posts
    Good news for Waterford - Ukrainian youth champions Dinamo Kyiv qualified for the CL groups this evening. Means they need just one more side to do that double and Waterford will be in the Youth League (says wiki anyway)

    It looks like it's the unconfirmed underage league winners which will decide (Switzerland, Austria and Portugal)

  5. #944
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    15,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,284
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    959
    Thanked in
    775 Posts
    Sounds like the LOI heads:

    "Some people are worried that it will ruin the competitiveness of the Faroese League in the next five to 10 years. The money would blow every team out of the water.

    "Everybody is looking at the money and I think that is a little sad. It’s a massive opportunity for Faroese football to grow, and same for Dundalk, it’s a chance to grow and a once in a lifetime opportunity."
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

  6. #945
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,683
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,725
    Thanked in
    1,858 Posts
    The BBC sport european section has done a feature on Klaksvik and KI.

    Dundalk have been outminnowed.

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #946
    Seasoned Pro holidaysong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dublin 9
    Posts
    3,980
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    107
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    111
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Yet another media outlet repeating the mistruth that they overcame Slovan. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    www.dundalkfc.com

    Colin Scanlon - hero!

  9. #947
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Yet another media outlet repeating the mistruth that they overcame Slovan. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    Thankfully we don't have to listen to Brian Kerr on RTÉ tomorrow night (although Johnny McDonnell mightn't be much better).

    Kerr was going on last week about their 3-0 win over Slovan, and also that Filippo lost his first game in Sligo.

    Kerr is a bit like Johnny Giles at this stage. An eejit who Dubs seem to love. Time to retire - not that he will as he's getting a handy wage and just wings it.

  10. #948
    Seasoned Pro holidaysong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dublin 9
    Posts
    3,980
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    107
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    111
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Alan Cawley and Stuey Byrne repeated the same 3-0 vs. Slovan stuff this week on their podcast.
    www.dundalkfc.com

    Colin Scanlon - hero!

  11. #949
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    15,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,284
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    959
    Thanked in
    775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Thankfully we don't have to listen to Brian Kerr on RTÉ tomorrow night (although Johnny McDonnell mightn't be much better).

    Kerr was going on last week about their 3-0 win over Slovan, and also that Filippo lost his first game in Sligo.

    Kerr is a bit like Johnny Giles at this stage. An eejit who Dubs seem to love. Time to retire - not that he will as he's getting a handy wage and just wings it.
    He suffers from the terminal pats disease of thinking "in the know". Many Pats supporters down the years suffered the same deadly disease. Poor souls.

    Not to mention a few on here, but found a greater, broader platform for themselves and since deserted the hollow grounds of foot.ie. Leaving a trail of devastation in their wake.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

  12. #950
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Alan Cawley and Stuey Byrne repeated the same 3-0 vs. Slovan stuff this week on their podcast.
    Didn't listen to that, there are too many podcasts about I've given up on them. But Byrne and RTÉ in general were pretty hard to listen to on Sunday, and I don't usually mind their coverage.

    Saying they didn't know the team 15 minutes before kick off (when it had been released 45 minutes earlier) and then pretending to be shocked when there were 10 changes.

    Sadlier, his voice goes through my head, and Morley was just talking nonsense as usual. I hadn't heard Morley on RTÉ for a long time and hopefully he's not on again. Thankfully he's not on tomorrow night anyway.

    And yeah, Pats fans must be the hardest to listen to in the whole league. Not being able to attend Richmond is one of the blessings of Covid.

  13. #951
    First Team WeAreRovers's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,903
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    41
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    63
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    If We are Rovers is on, will RTE be getting UK rights to the Dundalk game Thursday?
    Sorry, only saw this now. Game is available Island of Ireland tomorrow night.

    EUROPA LEAGUE PLAY-OFF – Thursday 1 October at 7.00pm on RTÉ2

    Peter Collins is joined by Richie Sadlier and Stuart Byrne for live coverage from the Aviva Stadium of the Europa League Play-Off between Dundalk and KÍ of the Faroe Islands. Commentary from Darragh Maloney and Johnny McDonnell. KO 7.30pm. Extra time and penalties a possibility.

  14. #952
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,683
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,725
    Thanked in
    1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Alan Cawley and Stuey Byrne repeated the same 3-0 vs. Slovan stuff this week on their podcast.
    Apart from that champions league record that any club would love to have experienced, KI have performed better than Dundalk in their two actual european games, so Dundalk will have enough to do to deal with the real KI.

    As regards Brian Kerr, he's not been involved with Faroese football for near enough 10 years. He's out of touch with the changes that have come into play these past 4 years.
    Nevertheless, he's held in the highest regard among Faroese football aficionados.

  15. #953
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,656
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Didn't listen to that, there are too many podcasts about I've given up on them. But Byrne and RTÉ in general were pretty hard to listen to on Sunday, and I don't usually mind their coverage.

    Saying they didn't know the team 15 minutes before kick off (when it had been released 45 minutes earlier) and then pretending to be shocked when there were 10 changes.

    Sadlier, his voice goes through my head, and Morley was just talking nonsense as usual. I hadn't heard Morley on RTÉ for a long time and hopefully he's not on again. Thankfully he's not on tomorrow night anyway.

    And yeah, Pats fans must be the hardest to listen to in the whole league. Not being able to attend Richmond is one of the blessings of Covid.
    It must have been very difficult to listen to people praising the opposition in oriel all right.
    League Specialists.

  16. #954
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    As regards Brian Kerr, he's not been involved with Faroese football for near enough 10 years. He's out of touch with the changes that have come into play these past 4 years. Nevertheless, he's held in the highest regard among Faroese football aficionados.
    He's out of touch with football in general. He does zero research and it shows. He throws out the auld Dublin slang which the Dubs cream themselves over and think it's a great laugh. But as a pundit, he's absolutely terrible these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    It must have been very difficult to listen to people praising the opposition in oriel all right.
    They were just talking nonsense mostly, to be honest. My comments on Sadlier and Morley weren't just about Sunday.

    We all knew what the result would be beforehand. Well done on beating Perth's reserves. The fawning over Byrne's goal was a bit much though. McCarey handed it to him and it was harder to miss.

    The game served a useful purpose in that it proved none of the back-up players are good enough for our squad.

  17. #955
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    15,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,284
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    959
    Thanked in
    775 Posts
    ANyone think there could be something more at play in the 6-1 defeat
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

  18. #956
    First Team ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,177
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    244
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    431
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    ANyone think there could be something more at play in the 6-1 defeat
    I have wondered if COVID was at play here considering so many players from Connagh’s Quay had it in the last round. Their manager was even trying to keep it under wraps before that game. Something about the game was a bit strange.

  19. #957
    Reserves Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    975
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    105
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Thankfully we don't have to listen to Brian Kerr on RTÉ tomorrow night (although Johnny McDonnell mightn't be much better).

    Kerr was going on last week about their 3-0 win over Slovan, and also that Filippo lost his first game in Sligo.

    Kerr is a bit like Johnny Giles at this stage. An eejit who Dubs seem to love. Time to retire - not that he will as he's getting a handy wage and just wings it.
    What an insult to Giles who is anything but an eejit - Shame on you

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #958
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,683
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,725
    Thanked in
    1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I have wondered if COVID was at play here considering so many players from Connagh’s Quay had it in the last round. Their manager was even trying to keep it under wraps before that game. Something about the game was a bit strange.
    You should know Ger that strange can happen in the north Atlantic to visiting teams and Tbilisi will dust themselves down just like Bohs did eventually.

  22. #959
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,919
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,856
    Thanked in
    2,413 Posts
    I think the big question foot.ie has though is - who is the Dundalky/Nordic geysir actually supporting tomorrow?

  23. Thanks From:


  24. #960
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,683
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,725
    Thanked in
    1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I think the big question foot.ie has though is - who is the Dundalky/Nordic geysir actually supporting tomorrow?
    It's a Win Win situation.

Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kits 2020
    By Shearer in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 288
    Last Post: 04/07/2020, 2:27 PM
  2. EURO 2020 Qualifying
    By NeverFeltBetter in forum World League Football
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18/04/2019, 12:50 PM
  3. Euro 2020
    By BonnieShels in forum World League Football
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20/11/2013, 5:42 PM
  4. Comparison of Irish clubs in Europe versus Scottish clubs in Europe
    By Dodge in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 324
    Last Post: 14/09/2011, 9:18 AM
  5. Shels in Europe vs Cork City in Europe
    By harry crumb in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12/01/2005, 4:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •