Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kits 2020

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Bohs didn't sell any Bob Marley jerseys though.

Can we all just take a minute to reflect on how ardent the Bohs fans were back then that their club would surely have been sensible enough to check everything was legally ok with using a Marley-esque image, and how fans of other clubs told them they were likely to get into trouble for it
    Bohs bought the image rights of a third party company who sells rights like this. It turns out they didn't actually own the image itself. Bohs then successfully took out legal action against that company.

The 80k in sales was the return after any refunds etc were issued after the copyright issue.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    From what Ive seen so far:

Cork is mostly grand, although Idon't like how the 3 adidas lines hit the shoulders.

Rovers is ok, simple but that's fine. Not much can be done with hoops really.

Shels is a bit too plain.

Pats is ok, needed something to break up the solid red centre.

Drogheda's one is the best I've seen.

Dundalk is atrocious, looks like a MS Paint job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I'm told the Dundalk one will look better in full strip with black shorts / white socks, and only very small red on these parts, but I wouldn't have gone with so much red on the jersey, plus its missing a collar in my view.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Bohs didn't sell any Bob Marley jerseys though.

Can we all just take a minute to reflect on how ardent the Bohs fans were back then that their club would surely have been sensible enough to check everything was legally ok with using a Marley-esque image, and how fans of other clubs told them they were likely to get into trouble for it
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, congrats on achieving half of that 😁
    Most orders for the “Marley design” converted to new image so we made serious money on it. The coverage we got worldwide was brilliant.
    Yep, a real disaster alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I'm told the Dundalk one will look better in full strip with black shorts / white socks, and only very small red on these parts, but I wouldn't have gone with so much red on the jersey, plus its missing a collar in my view.
    It grows on me the more I see it. It won't live long in the memory once it's gone but I think the biggest issue with it is the sponsor. Now fyffes are paying the money so their entitled to have their unadulterated logo on it but it's an eyesore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    It grows on me the more I see it. It won't live long in the memory once it's gone but I think the biggest issue with it is the sponsor. Now fyffes are paying the money so their entitled to have their unadulterated logo on it but it's an eyesore
    If it bothers Dundalk fans that much I’m sure Bohs would swap jerseys - as long as the players come with them 😎

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    Bohs bought the image rights of a third party company who sells rights like this. It turns out they didn't actually own the image itself. Bohs then successfully took out legal action against that company.

The 80k in sales was the return after any refunds etc were issued after the copyright issue.
    And the 3.6mil in ad revenue? If that's how it worked out for Bohs in then then we have solved a funding issue for LoI - every club do up a shirt with an iconic figure that will appeal (Kurt Cobain must have driven through Dundalk at least once before the M1 days) and we're quids in for 4.4mil. No exaggeration there at all David?

Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    If it bothers Dundalk fans that much I’m sure Bohs would swap jerseys - as long as the players come with them 
    I can already see a shirt swap or kits being played inside out and wouldnt be the fist time. We should wait until the 2nd and maybe 3rd kits are launched...we may be able to dig out the odd Sam Byrne like player to send your way in time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    You’re really struggling with the 3.6m + 80k answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    3.6 million ! We are all playing for second place next season with with bohs having that budget

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    And the 3.6mil in ad revenue? If that's how it worked out for Bohs in then then we have solved a funding issue for LoI - every club do up a shirt with an iconic figure that will appeal (Kurt Cobain must have driven through Dundalk at least once before the M1 days) and we're quids in for 4.4mil. No exaggeration there at all David?

I can already see a shirt swap or kits being played inside out and wouldnt be the fist time. We should wait until the 2nd and maybe 3rd kits are launched...we may be able to dig out the odd Sam Byrne like player to send your way in time!
    Sorry it wasn't "ad revenue". The club received exposure from the jersey going worldwide. Trends on twitter, interactions from around the world, clicks to website etc - to pay for the same amount of exposure would have cost approximately 3.6m. Or so the study said. There was no physical income from this as such. Just the 80k

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Also, 3.6m +80k is 3.68m not 4.4m

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Ah here.

Let's just agree that your original post was bull**** and move on?

This is getting into "Dublin City have sold more jerseys than anyone else" territory to be honest.

Any exposure was worth next to **** all. It might have cost 3.6m in some report, but it would have been 3.6m utterly wasted if so.

Though I guess Bohs are used to wasting 3.6m...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Ah here.

Let's just agree that your original post was bull**** and move on?

This is getting into "Dublin City have sold more jerseys than anyone else" territory to be honest.

Any exposure was worth next to **** all. It might have cost 3.6m in some report, but it would have been 3.6m utterly wasted if so.

Though I guess Bohs are used to wasting 3.6m...
    Take a day off Stu. There was a sentence incorrectly worded in my op. There's no bull**** here. You can take it or leave it.

I've no idea what you're on about with the Dublin City lark.

With regards to exposure, do you have any idea how many fans bohs get a year from abroad? Not a game goes by where there isn't a load of Germans or Austrians, English etc enjoying themselves at Dalymount. Being in Dublin City helps, but it's often far from accident. The Copa 90 video, the jersey etc all help. Also, Bohs attendances have doubled since 2014 and they'll increase massively next year again. I can tell you one thing, marketing or advertising isn't where you work anyway.
    Last edited by David BOHie; 07/12/2019 at 12:56 PM.

14. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Sorry David. There was a load of guff at the start of this thing - they had all the angles covered, etc - and it all turned out to be nonsense.

I'm happy to suspect for the moment that the 80k is nonsense too. 2000 jerseys is was illegal to sell? Not buying it. And certainly the 3.6m is nonsense, even after you correct your fundamentally significant "one-word error" and turn it into something completely unsubstantiatable.

Bohs have certainly done great community work and marketing, for sure. Doesn't mean that your figures sang up here.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 07/12/2019 at 2:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

Maybe get Maxi to head to the Umbro head office ? 😁 might "focus" their minds on the 2nd and 3rd strip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Sorry David. There was a load of guff at the start of this thing - they had all the angles covered, etc - and it all turned out to be nonsense.

I'm happy to suspect for the moment that the 80k is nonsense too. 2000 jerseys is was illegal to sell? Not buying it. And certainly the 3.6m is nonsense, even after you correct your fundamentally significant "one-word error" and turn it into something completely unsubstantiatable.

Bohs have certainly done great community work and marketing, for sure. Doesn't mean that your figures sang up here.
    Bohs sold NO illegal jerseys "is was" or not they took massive pre orders for the Marley effort, when that wasn't a runner they offered all pre orders the new design or a refund, almost all took the new design making it such a massive seller. The publicity was worldwide and (along with the increased sales) turned a club embarrassment into a major marketing plus.

But it's Bohs so you are not capable of seeing that. As regards "one word error" ? Sang up here, WTF ? Try posting sober
    Last edited by marinobohs; 08/12/2019 at 1:09 AM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That jersey generated 80k in sales as well as 3.6m in ad revenue worldwide. So you're in the minority there
    You mean 3.6m in equivalent advertising value?

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    You’re really struggling with the 3.6m + 80k answer
    Well that's embaressing - as as often as I read Davids post 800k was what I saw, exaggeration of figures must be catching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    You mean 3.6m in equivalent advertising value?
    That would make more sense, be interesting to see the 'return' for such advertising worth!?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Take a day off Stu. There was a sentence incorrectly worded in my op. There's no bull**** here. You can take it or leave it.

I've no idea what you're on about with the Dublin City lark.

With regards to exposure, do you have any idea how many fans bohs get a year from abroad? Not a game goes by where there isn't a load of Germans or Austrians, English etc enjoying themselves at Dalymount. Being in Dublin City helps, but it's often far from accident. The Copa 90 video, the jersey etc all help. Also, Bohs attendances have doubled since 2014 and they'll increase massively next year again. I can tell you one thing, marketing or advertising isn't where you work anyway.
    How will attendances increase massively next year? Thought Dalymount was sold out most weeks this season?

23. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast