Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Bohs sold NO illegal jerseys
    We agree on that so.

they took massive pre orders for the Marley effort, when that wasn't a runner they offered all pre orders the new design or a refund, almost all took the new design making it such a massive seller.
    Again, fine. Not what David BOHie said (the fundamental errors in his post do betray a complete lack of understanding about the whole thing in fairness), but I agree that's probably what was meant.

But 80k of sales? Sorry, not buying it. Bohs' accounts show they typically carry around E15k of merchandise stock in November. It's a stretch to turn that into 80k of sales. (Yes, stock value at a point in time isn't directly linked to sales, but I think here the discrepancy is too much)

It's just the internet of course. If you want to believe it, fine. I'm happy not believing it. And I think a problem here is that Bohs fans are guilty of crying wolf about the jersey too often at this stage -

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer
    I think it's an image in his likeness, and not actually an image of Bob himself. At least that's how I heard it described. It's also noticeable that neither Bohs nor O'neills have ever stated it's an image of Bob Marley. I think their official words were something like - "it's a nod to the musical history of dalymount".

I'm sure it's all been planned to avoid any possible legal issues.

And O'Neills is a MUCH bigger company than Bohs so they'd have far more money to potentially lose in this scenario. Given that, i'm sure they have a legal team who's looked into this.

I find it v hard to believe that Bohs and especially O'Neills would be retarded enough to leaving themselves open to litigation from the Marley estate.
    Quote Originally Posted by AshBohs
    Wow the passive bitterness on here is palpable. It's going to be the biggest selling LOI jersey ever . Get over it.I haven't seen anywhere online or in print where Bohs have released a statement saying they have a picture of Bob Marley on the jersey.
    It could plausibly be kept in club shop for years to come and still sell well each year.

Quote me the press release where Bohs as a club have said anything anywhere about the image referencing it to being Bob Marley. For a judge to fall for any nonsense it has to get to a court

I will pm you when we sell 3k of them and you can pm me when Bohs get sued by someone over selling 3k of them
    I'm sure I know who will be first .
    Quote Originally Posted by kelevra
    Also, the image on the jersey is not of Bob Marley but a Rastafarian individual (an image bought from a website). The new board at Bohs are very savvy with this type of thing and you would be deluded to think they did not check to see if they would be in any way shape or form open from a legal perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie
    Will it be the best selling jersey in the league? Most definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu
    It sounds from the above that the club was somewhat shafted by the licensing company.

It could as plausibly be accidental misrepresentation from the licensing company based on the words of the media release.
    Too much "My club can't possibly be wrong" going on for me to believe the latest spin I'm afraid.

And for the record, when the jersey was released, I agreed it was a decent marketing ploy, if unlikely ever to see the light of day.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    https://twitter.com/dlLambo/status/1187361125828038657

This is Bohs' marketing director.

You know where I heard the 80k figure, along with the 3.6m? At the AGM. You can take it or leave it Stu. I've been a member about 17 years.

Wait till you see how much this year's home jersey sells.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    You mean 3.6m in equivalent advertising value?
    I do indeed. 3.6m would be the cost to get that twitter publicity, reach globally, interactions, clicks etc. Not physical income. Stu can become obsessed over the wording all he wants. I think the more level-headed posters can take the post for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by LOI101 View Post
    How will attendances increase massively next year? Thought Dalymount was sold out most weeks this season?
    Gonna be tough but there's a few ways. We reckon we'll have 2000 members, season ticket holders and Junior Gypsies. So you're looking at a base of 2000. Bohs are the only LOI team not to have a singe league game below 2000 last year so that should be the case this year too. On top of that, you'll probably only have a handful of tickets on general sale after you take out tickets for players' families, sponsors, oppositions officials, FAI match delegates etc.

Somewhat of a solution found last year (towards the end of last year) was to split the shed. We had 100s turned away from some games last year. Some even faked their finest Derry accents to get in to the away end. But towards the end the shed was split with Sligo and UCD and Waterford. I imagine that option will be a runner for most of the season next year too. So the aim this year I imagine will be about a 3000 average. And that would be our peak in Dalyer in its current guise.

4. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    The best-selling jersey is no good if you can't actually sell it. Otherwise, I don't know what I'm supposed to take from that post.

Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    You know where I heard the 80k figure, along with the 3.6m? At the AGM. You can take it or leave it Stu.
    That's fine. Bohs AGMs were also told the deal to sell Dalyer was watertight I'm sure. And even then, I don't know if what you put here is what was actually said, given the fundamental difference between "ad revenue" and "value of ad exposure". It suggests to me you don't understand what was being said.

I could be wrong of course. But I'm still happy to leave it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The best-selling jersey is no good if you can't actually sell it. Otherwise, I don't know what I'm supposed to take from that post.

That's fine. Bohs AGMs were also told the deal to sell Dalyer was watertight I'm sure. And even then, I don't know if what you put here is what was actually said, given the fundamental difference between "ad revenue" and "value of ad exposure". It suggests to me you don't understand what was being said.

I could be wrong of course. But I'm still happy to leave it.

Well we have sold it in record numbers (for our replicas) i dont have figures for other clubs.
    You have quoted estimations from our accounts re stock so i assume you have a look at our accounts when they come into the public.
    We doubled the turnover of our club store up to November 2018
    That would be due in main to the release of the away jersey in late october as per our 2018 accounts. Not in those figures would be any sales thereafter .
    2019 turnover could be as much as 50% more of an increase due in the main to the sales of our O Neills gear and away jersey (which is still on sale at O neills at full price ) 80k in sales for the white replica would be fairly accurate shifting 1500 plus jerseys overall .The majority of which sold outside of Dublin
    Our new home Jersey has already been sold to customers across
    the world which is definatelya result of the failed jersey launch and its publicity

A nice problem to have

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    How much are bohs getting from dundalk for them using their old jersey design. Must be image rights or something.😄

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    How much are bohs getting from dundalk for them using their old jersey design. Must be image rights or something.😄
    3.6 million

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Same as Celtic get every time shams ape their jerseys 😉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    We agree on that so.

Again, fine. Not what David BOHie said (the fundamental errors in his post do betray a complete lack of understanding about the whole thing in fairness), but I agree that's probably what was meant.

But 80k of sales? Sorry, not buying it. Bohs' accounts show they typically carry around E15k of merchandise stock in November. It's a stretch to turn that into 80k of sales. (Yes, stock value at a point in time isn't directly linked to sales, but I think here the discrepancy is too much)

It's just the internet of course. If you want to believe it, fine. I'm happy not believing it. And I think a problem here is that Bohs fans are guilty of crying wolf about the jersey too often at this stage -

Too much "My club can't possibly be wrong" going on for me to believe the latest spin I'm afraid.

And for the record, when the jersey was released, I agreed it was a decent marketing ploy, if unlikely ever to see the light of day.
    To much "It's Bohs so it must be bad" you mean. Hardly surprising given the poster.

Happened by default but probobly the best marketing any LOI club got in decades, and a nice earner to boot.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 09/12/2019 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    [QUOTE=marinobohs;2025624]To much "It's Bohs so it must be bad" you mean. Hardly surprising given the poster.

Happened by default but probobly the best marketing any LOI club got in decades, and a nice earner to boot.[/QUOTE

The 2016 run to the EL Groups I would claim for that and it definitely was a nice little earner!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    3.6 million
    Nonsense it was 4.4m...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    [QUOTE=Nesta99;2025627]
    To much "It's Bohs so it must be bad" you mean. Hardly surprising given the poster.

Happened by default but probobly the best marketing any LOI club got in decades, and a nice earner to boot.[/QUOTE

The 2016 run to the EL Groups I would claim for that and it definitely was a nice little earner!
    Definitely a better earner but marketing ? Not so sure - except maybe in Louth even people with no interest in LOI were talking about that shirt, we still are ! Difficult to put a value on such things but certainly helped raise our profile, crowds and revenue streams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    [QUOTE=marinobohs;2025663]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

Definitely a better earner but marketing ? Not so sure - except maybe in Louth even people with no interest in LOI were talking about that shirt, we still are ! Difficult to put a value on such things but certainly helped raise our profile, crowds and revenue streams.

If Bohs ended up actually making a few real bob out of it (as opposed to millions of supposed marketing value) fair play to them.
    But i think the people talking about the bohs shirt who weren't interested in LOI were more likely using it as a GLITW example then a positive.
    The fact that some money may have been made in the end doesn't mean the people in charge should get a free pass, it had the potential to go the other way as well and could do so with the next mad idea they go with (hopefully have learned).
    I might be happy to hear one of my kids won a fortune in vegas betting their net worth on the spin of a wheel but it wouldn't stop me telling them they were eejits.

Before i get attacked ask yourself why everyone here thought it would'nt work?
    Even a passing knowledge of the value of image rights should have made whoever agreed this question whether a world renowned singers image was available for a LOI shirt run and looked for more confirmation in the shape of proof of the right to sell.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    [QUOTE=sbgawa;2025668]

If Bohs ended up actually making a few real bob out of it (as opposed to millions of supposed marketing value) fair play to them.
    But i think the people talking about the bohs shirt who weren't interested in LOI were more likely using it as a GLITW example then a positive.
    The fact that some money may have been made in the end doesn't mean the people in charge should get a free pass, it had the potential to go the other way as well and could do so with the next mad idea they go with (hopefully have learned).
    I might be happy to hear one of my kids won a fortune in vegas betting their net worth on the spin of a wheel but it wouldn't stop me telling them they were eejits.

Even a passing knowledge of the value of image rights should have made whoever agreed this question whether a world renowned singers image was available for a LOI shirt run and looked for more confirmation in the shape of proof of the right to sell.
    Don`t particularly disagree with the above. Can we move on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dalymountrower;2025672]
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post

Don`t particularly disagree with the above. Can we move on?
    yeh agree, i was almost to bored to comment but it is close season.
    At least the fixtures are out in the next week or so.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    [QUOTE=marinobohs;2025663]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICkcYU6Ut7U and there are plenty more examples including features from the US and Canada. My missus was Canadian and Monday Night Hockey did a piece on it - MNH is a slightly popular in Canada!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    [QUOTE=sbgawa;2025668]

When you go to a shop you don't presume the goods you're buying aren't acquired legally. There was legal work done, Bohs acted diligently, it was the third party that let the whole thing down.

But I am happy to move on

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    nice to see Bohs had an advert in the sun today advertising their new jersey. That must be the first time I have ever seen a loi club advertise in the written media their new jersey. Great to see and keep up the great work!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    The Sun? - not a hipster will see it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post

yeh agree, i was almost to bored to comment but it is close season.
    At least the fixtures are out in the next week or so.......

When are the fixtures being realeased? does anyone know if the FAI shítstorm will affect them being released on time?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast