Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Republic of Ireland v Denmark - Dublin - 18th November 2019 - Euro 2020 Qualifier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    I’ll have to rewatch the game, but not getting the Hendrick praise. He improved in the second half, but his performance was no more than good. I don’t recall many forward passes from him bar a few from within our own half. Of the five picked in midfield, he’s the player we should be looking at to provide the creative sparks. But he chose to play the percentages and recycle the ball, he didn’t try to take the game on and force it in our direction.

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    In the second half he kept us up in their half though by holding onto the ball with some lovely skill and bringing others into the game buying time but generally I agree with you.

Also you cannot give Doherty motm, he was at fault for the goal, which meant we had to score 2 in 20 mins as opposed to 1 in 20 mins. THis thing of him getting us back into the game is irrelevant. It cost us 12 mins. I honestly think we'd have scored with a chance before the end of the game. That was literally the game changer and game over. Everyone knew we're not capable of scoring 2.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    McGoldrick was man of the match for me. Danes couldn’t handle him.
    He also set Hourihane up for our bests chance. Not sure he meant that one though.

Doherty at fault for their goal with a poor mistake. Duffy was also 2 yards behind the rest of the Irish players so if there had been a hint of offside, Duffy was playing Briathwaite well on.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    McGoldrick was man of the match for me. Danes couldn’t handle him.
    He also set Hourihane up for our bests chance. Not sure he meant that one though.

Doherty at fault for their goal with a poor mistake. Duffy was also 2 yards behind the rest of the Irish players so if there had been a hint of offside, Duffy was playing Briathwaite well on.
    Both Duffy and Doherty were at fault . Duffy was well behind the defensive line and that allowed Braithwaite to make the run . If Duffy is in line with the others then Braithwaite is never getting that ball without being offside . One of the pundits said the Danes had tried it a few times earlier . Obviously they saw a weakness there in their analysis of us . Obviously Doherty should also be legally hindering Braithwaite as best he can as well .

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Thread bumped, locked, and archived
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011