Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland v Denmark - Dublin - 18th November 2019 - Euro 2020 Qualifier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    against Italy in Euro 2016
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    To be honest, he was good throughout the Euros - Sweden, Italy and France games anyway. Also, the germany win. He was tenacious in that game...

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    I think he's right to focus on getting fit. He hasn't been involved with the squad due to injuries and has had a few very bad injuries. Palace pay his wages at the end of the day and probably took a gamble on him so he's repaying that faith.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

5. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Horrible mistakes from Steven's and egan there

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Great goal mcgoldrick lovely from stevens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Disallowed by VAR, FFS
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

9. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Doherty starts today after his injury scare last week. Clark getting game time and goals, Egan, Stevens and McGoldrick all flying, and Duffy and Connolly starting today. I don't know if Hendrick started but he was in the action on MOTD in a 3-0 win over West Ham, and O'Dowda looked good playing in an advanced central role for BC in their smash & grab win at Cardiff.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Doherty a real attacking threat from wing back today, just as Stevens is. Damn right we have the players for 352.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Doherty a real attacking threat from wing back today, just as Stevens is. Damn right we have the players for 352.
    And then there's our forwards. Connolly and McGoldrick looks like it could be a match made in heaven. Instead, we will have McClean on the left and Brady or Robinson on the right with McGoldrick busting a gut trying to fend off defenders for long enough for our 8s and wide players to get close to him.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/mick...-connolly-scan that's Connolly out most likely if groin was painful enough to have to come off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Start Parrott against the Kiwis and wrap Connolly in cotton wool I til Denmark game

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/mick...-connolly-scan that's Connolly out most likely if groin was painful enough to have to come off
    Ring the Shane Long siren

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/mick-mccarthy-waits-on-aaron-connolly-scan that's Connolly out most likely if groin was painful enough to have to come off
    Mick has really been cursed for injuries throughout this campaign - Keogh, Clark, McCarthy, Brady, Long, McGoldrick, Obafemi and now Connolly, just as he was settling in

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    No doubt MON was immediately on the blower to Age the Danish manager, challenging his (frank and open ) comments about the upcoming match.

"No," said the Norwegian when asked if he was confident about beating Ireland again.

"Ireland are a much stronger team in this campaign. They are very difficult to break down and hit you late, as they did to us in Copenhagen.
    "I was just surprised how open the team were in the World Cup play-off. This is a different team under a different manager.
    "They don't score many goals but don't concede many either. It will not be an easy game."

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    On the earlier Westwood comments, his time was during the Euros in Poland when he was at the top of his game and nominated the best goalie in the Championship. Alas Trap went with an unfit Given and the rest is history. Westwood was directly responsible for the 2 goals Wednesday conceded at the weekend by screwing up on two crosses: dropping one and misjudging another in the 94th minute He's still capable of world class saves but also horrendous gaffs I am afraid.

On the game itself: can history repeat itself ? Germany came to town and utterly stuffed us and on their next visit, we won. The Danes, I am cautiously optimistic. We did ok on their turf and I think we're due a big night at Lansdowne. A last minute goal by McGoldrick or someone with the prefix Mc will do. I'll take an early goal of course but I'd need to take my diapers with me in those circumstances
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Appreciate Brady's comments today. Hopefully the memory of the 5-1 will be a badly needed motivation to fire the players up.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    The Swiss just scraped by Georgia yesterday so at least we don’t have to win by two, but I think we’ll need to score more than once to win. We haven’t had a decent performance in any of the group games yet that I can remember so it’ll take our best outing yet to do it, On the plus side, all of the Sheff Utd boys have found their stride, Clarke (if he plays) and Duffy are a goal threat, and there’s a couple of peripheral players in good form. On the downside......James McLean. He’s an honest lad but it has to be incredibly demoralising as a teammate to work hard to get the ball back just to see him kicking it to touch. Not to totally slag him off but he also missed major chances to put us two nil up against France at the euros and Denmark at home in the 5-1.
    I just wonder if Denmark needing a only a draw might mean they might start off cagey and give us a bit more possession than we’re used to.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    With the play-off picture almost complete, which play-off path looks most promising? The League A path with Iceland and two from Bulgaria, Israel and Hungary, beginning with a home semi-final; or The League B path with Bosnia-Herzegovina and two from Wales, Slovakia and Northern Ireland, beginning with a semi-final away from home?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    They both look harder to navigate than a one off home game against Denmark.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast