Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tonights games,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    A good commentator (like Dave McIntyre at Newstalk)
    good god I hate him he nearly ****s himself every time someone takes a shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    At least I'll always have cherished memories of us actually being able to score goals. I've truly hated this season, unbelievable that we've been in the hunt for Europe for so long.

Unreal save from Talbot tonight though. I had the perfect view in the Camac right in line with Forrester's shot and I honestly can't believe he managed to get a hand onto that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    good god I hate him he nearly ****s himself every time someone takes a shot.
    Well he'd be better than GH putting you to sleep. Nathan Murphy and Dave McIntyre doing the EPL games on a sunday are entertaining. As good as eir's coverage is, even their commentators wouldn't be a patch on the Newstalk lads.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    At least I'll always have cherished memories of us actually being able to score goals. I've truly hated this season, unbelievable that we've been in the hunt for Europe for so long.

Unreal save from Talbot tonight though. I had the perfect view in the Camac right in line with Forrester's shot and I honestly can't believe he managed to get a hand onto that.
    13 home goals this year tells the whole story of how bad we have been. Our position in the league is down to nothing other than those below us being even worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    O'Donnell's work ethic likewise will improve St Pats as he will expect the level of effort to improve. Pats are well ahead with the quality in the squad but O'Donnell as a technical former player will get more from the players with quality. He can temper his passion and motivational methods to individual players as the more modern generally coaches do so Forrester will be a lot better next season also. !
    After the Waterford game I wouldn't have been so sure, but tonight was much more encouraging, even if we still couldn't get a goal. Unreal save from Talbot to get to Forrestors shot. Forrestor more like his old self tonight as well.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    UCD relegated unfortunately ..took ex boss four seasons to get them up....and just 20 games to take them down...poor really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onapointoforder View Post
    UCD relegated unfortunately ..took ex boss four seasons to get them up....and just 20 games to take them down...poor really
    Doesnt sound at all like personal agenda...

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Very poor second half from Bohs, lucky Pats weren't capable of scoring. Job done foe Bohs - maybe staggered over the line but got there.
    Credit to Long/Crolly on squeezing every last drop from the resources available.
    For Pats it's end of a dreadful season, they will improve under O'Donnell if for no other reason than they so underschidved this season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    We werecrap.Pats were marginally better..
    The Rovers player who scored their third when the keeper was on the ground injured should be ashamed of himself.

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    We werecrap.Pats were marginally better..
    The Rovers player who scored their third when the keeper was on the ground injured should be ashamed of himself.

Why? Kearns had the chance to put the ball out of play him self as did the defender he passed it to.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Very poor second half from Bohs, lucky Pats weren't capable of scoring. Job done foe Bohs - maybe staggered over the line but got there.
    Credit to Long/Crolly on squeezing every last drop from the resources available.
    For Pats it's end of a dreadful season, they will improve under O'Donnell if for no other reason than they so underschidved this season.
    We played decent enough tonight but still couldn’t score, it’s nearly the end of a painful season. I was disappointed in Bohs they played poor enough tonight apart from that the job Long has done had to be praised. I was totally oblivious to the Bohs euro hoopla tonight until FT I can be understood but was amusing all the same. Normally I’d say roll on 2020 but not this time who knows what next year will bring.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Why? Kearns had the chance to put the ball out of play him self as did the defender he passed it to.
    Come on , it was a bad piece of sportmansship .Watchrd the clip in a pub in Inchicore, boos all round..

17. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Very much enjoyed that win tonight. Made us forget that horrible season we've had this year. Great to see us keep it on the ground, a much more enjoyable watch and a sign of things to come under Fenn. Will be a very interesting off-season with many moving on and coming in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Nice to win tonight and we were very solid but a pretty bad game,dead rubber feel all round,Waterford seemed a bit annoyed just being there and wanted to kick us quite a lot but could have equalised but for the keeper and stout defending. Terrible crowd and its no exaggeration that we need a bumper bumper gate for the play offs....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Very much enjoyed that win tonight. Made us forget that horrible season we've had this year. Great to see us keep it on the ground, a much more enjoyable watch and a sign of things to come under Fenn. Will be a very interesting off-season with many moving on and coming in.
    I presume that Dundalk fans will call their team out on the particular brand of hoofball that they played tonight!?

On a more serious note, we have some serious youngsters and it would be great if we could hang onto them. Alec Byrne in the middle is too good for us to keep him for any period of time on that form tonight. If we got the full season out of him next season it would be fantastic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Nice to win tonight and we were very solid but a pretty bad game,dead rubber feel all round,Waterford seemed a bit annoyed just being there and wanted to kick us quite a lot but could have equalised but for the keeper and stout defending. Terrible crowd and its no exaggeration that we need a bumper bumper gate for the play offs....
    You'd have to hope for Drogheda going through to get the away support! Which leg is first??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    I presume that Dundalk fans will call their team out on the particular brand of hoofball that they played tonight!?

On a more serious note, we have some serious youngsters and it would be great if we could hang onto them. Alec Byrne in the middle is too good for us to keep him for any period of time on that form tonight. If we got the full season out of him next season it would be fantastic.
    We've been doing a good bit of eperimenting since seruring the league. I expected this result shomehow. I'd reather be sweeping teams aside heading in to the cup final tbh although there is the angle of getting the fringe players games and even lulling opposition in to a sense of real confidence for the 3rd of November. Looked to be a decent crowd in Turners Cross.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    You'd have to hope for Drogheda going through to get the away support! Which leg is first??
    Drogheda will bring more than Cabo anyway!! The first leg is away for us and back to Finn Park on the 1st,first time we've been the Premier division team in this situation so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Great to see the Cork fans back and in such ebullient form as well

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Come on , it was a bad piece of sportmansship .Watchrd the clip in a pub in Inchicore, boos all round..
    Why are you surprised?? This is the same club who refused to acknowledge a bohs under age team beating them in tallaght to win a trophy.

They can spend all the money the want, but they can't buy class or integrity.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast